View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #9
pattyb
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Default SEP07VSNG~~Sat, 12PM EST~~Leaf Rubbings!!~~

Leaf Rubbings!

Autumn Fairy Hostess: Denise (resqbarbie)
Keyword: SPECIAL CODES BY AGE GROUP (see below)
Time: 12:00 PM EST, Sat
Be sure to upload all kid cards to the Kids Gallery ( not the regular SCS Gallery ) so well be able to locate the cards for judging. Upload to : Gallery/Special Collections/Id Like to Thank the Little People
When uploading, be sure to use the appropriate challenge keyword for age group:

* Ages 0-4 Sep07VSNG04
* Ages 5-8 Sep07VSNG58
* Ages 9-12 Sep07VSNG912
* Ages 13-17 Sep07VSNG1317
* Adults Sep07VSNGADULT

One thing I always remember doing as a kid living in NY, is collecting leaves in the fall...then the crafty girl in me would take them inside and make some kind of art project with them! For this challenge, go out with your kids and have a fun nature walk, pick up some cool leaves and do some leaf rubbings to make fun and interesting backgrounds! Just put the leaf under paper (thin paper works best), use crayons to rub over the leaf, and voila! Instant background! Have fun and don't forget to "smell the roses", er, I mean the leaves!

PS... I know in many areas it's still "Summer" and leaves are hard to find on the ground but we just picked some from our garden! We used hydrangea leaves and even some herbs! Made it smell nice too!

Samples:
The first is by my DD Gia (age 4)...I think she watches me too much 'cause she said "I need a saying and a ribbon Ma!"
The second is by my DS Chris (age 2 1/2)...he just wanted to get more leaves!

CHAT HERE!

View gallery submissions here

Uploading Instructions:
*You have 45 minutes to complete this challenge
*Please remember to put in the correct keyword when uploading your image. If you are using additional keywords, you must separate them with a comma. Copying and pasting the challenge keyword is recommended to avoid typos.
*It is also highly recommended that you post a link to your creation in the chat thread just in case the gallery is being testy.

Love SU!? Join the Crew!
The CreativeCrew <The Gallery
CreativeCrew Play Along <The Challenges
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!