Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-23-2007, 03:51 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about sending a package from CA TO MA. from ebay member.

:confused: I recently won an item on ebay. The woman lives in CA. AND WAS SENDING TO MA. How long should it take to send a package from USPS. I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN THE PACKAGE YET. She sent it out on the 13th. today is the 23rd and I haven't recieved it yet. I paid for the item using paypal on the 10th of August. It was sent first class with no insurance added.

I'm a little sceptical at this point. When I read in her post that if you don't buy insurance she can't guarantee that the item will be here. To me it rang a bell as almost saying if you don't buy insurance I meaning her can easily keep it the item and say it got lost. It is so easy to do in this case.

She also send me a tracking number which has no date of recieving for my end . In fact it says delivery item information in not available via this website.

This is the website they gave me to track the item. USPS.COM. I emailed ebay themself and a member who gave me the site to track this number. So now what am I suppose to do.

I emailed her again and told her all of this and waiting for her to reply.

MY FEELINGS ARE SAYING I'M NOT GOING TO GET THIS ITEM. VERY DISCOURAGING.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 03:58 AM   #2  
Chat Box Chick

Contact the post office and see if they can track it. I hope you get it soon. I sold some stuff on ebay not too long ago and I mailed it from Virginia to Washington state. I shipped it on July 28th and it didn't reach Washington until August 7th! I was getting worried.....but thankfully it did show up! Hopefully yours will too!

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 04:02 AM   #3  
Chat Box Chick

Also, if you go back to the usps website and at the top click on calculate postage, you can enter the information (estimates) and see how long the post office estimates for the package to get from point A to point B. Maybe that will help.

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 04:11 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I do alot of buying on eBay and I know that a seller can state anything they want in an auction but it will NOT HOLD UP. Seller IS responsible for that package to arrive to the buyer in the condition it was sent. If you do not receive your package you will need to then file an Item Not Received. If you paid by paypal then they will refund you your money. Or you could do a chargeback on your credit card if you paid that way. They will say however that you need to give it 10 days and it looks like you are there now. I have had a package that took 13 days to get to me from California to Wisconsin.
I would give it another day or so then file the INR to get your money back.
All the insurance does is protect the seller not the buyer. If you had insurance and the package did not arrive then the PO would refund you instead of the buyer. But sellers think they can be untouchable when they state that in their auctions but the fact is that eBay and Paypal will tell them they have to refund you. That is because sellers could collect money for an auction and then never ship an item and then say they do not have to refund the buyer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 04:12 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

One more thing - Do NOT let this go past 45 days. You can only file the INR within the first 45 days of when you won the auction.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 04:12 AM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

I live in Michigan. When I UPS to my daughter in Calif it ALWAYS takes exactly 5 days.. It's never been longer....unlesss there's a weekend in there, but always 5 business days...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 04:13 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

If it went 1st class and not priority it probably will take a little while to get there. If she gave you a tracking # - check at the post office. Did you check her feedack? If her feed back is all positive I would just hang in there and wait. Also, Lots of people write that they can't be reponsible if you don't purchase the insurance.
Good luck I hope you get your items soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Skype™ to shellca

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
I do alot of buying on eBay and I know that a seller can state anything they want in an auction but it will NOT HOLD UP. Seller IS responsible for that package to arrive to the buyer in the condition it was sent. If you do not receive your package you will need to then file an Item Not Received. If you paid by paypal then they will refund you your money. Or you could do a chargeback on your credit card if you paid that way. They will say however that you need to give it 10 days and it looks like you are there now. I have had a package that took 13 days to get to me from California to Wisconsin.
I would give it another day or so then file the INR to get your money back.
All the insurance does is protect the seller not the buyer. If you had insurance and the package did not arrive then the PO would refund you instead of the buyer. But sellers think they can be untouchable when they state that in their auctions but the fact is that eBay and Paypal will tell them they have to refund you. That is because sellers could collect money for an auction and then never ship an item and then say they do not have to refund the buyer.

I was going to say what she said!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 10:38 AM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It also depends on how she ship your package. If she sent Parcel Post these will take longer to mail. Because they are sometimes a little cheaper on price.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2007, 10:50 AM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

maybe she mailed it 'media mail' and that takes a lot longer... but that is only for books, cd's etc.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 05:39 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

just wondering if you got your stuff yet?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 05:52 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing to add...the tracking number that she gave you is probably a delivery confirmation number. It generally does not actually "track" the package, until it is delivered. *SOMETIMES* some post offices will scan it along the way, but they ussually do not...you will not be able to see anything about it online until someone gets the package delivered. (i.e. either you receive it...or it gets mis-delivered.)

You can always call the post offices and they can do a trace on it, to see if anyone has scanned it...and where the last known location of the package was.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 07:54 AM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

I just received a package from MI to PA, Priority Mail, that took 10 days. There was just a thread a couple of days ago on etsy about slow mail. I'd give it a few more days, but definitely file w/ebay if you don't receive your package soon.

Oh, and as others have said, USPS does not provide tracking, only delivery confirmation. Those numbers are just about worthless.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 08:22 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

the tracking system thru the post office doesn't work - it doesn't even tell you when it's delivered! I have tried using it several times - it is a waste of whatever you pay for it...is it possible that she sent it parcel post b/c that will take at least a couple of weeks...good luck - I hope it arrives soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2007, 08:29 AM   #15  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamper-cView Post
the tracking system thru the post office doesn't work - it doesn't even tell you when it's delivered! I have tried using it several times - it is a waste of whatever you pay for it...is it possible that she sent it parcel post b/c that will take at least a couple of weeks...good luck - I hope it arrives soon!
Correct. The only thing that the USPS offers is "Delivery Confirmation". This will only tell you when the item was received.

Now, UPS offers tracking numbers. This is where you can type it in and see exactly where a package is. Which is nice. Our US postal service does not offer that.

I would give it 14 days before you started to worry.
My Etsy Shop!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Curious minds want to know - did you ever receive the package????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #17  
Die Cut Diva

Once I sent a package priority from Florida to New Hampshire. It took over 2 weeks.

I once had a seller say she sent a package and I just didn't believe her. Through paypal I was able to get my money refunded.

But it is true that sometimes the post office does lose packages, or they get delayed. And there is truly nothing a sender can do once they are mailed.

Does the confirmation # say it was mailed?
Reply With Quote Likes