Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-17-2004, 03:25 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLEASE HELP..CARDS NEEDED FOR WOUNDED TROOPS BACK FROM WAR!!

Hello,
I am a Military wife that is trying to put together a Cards for wounded troops just back from the WAR. I live and work at WALTER REED HOSPITAL where the troops are all sent to be fixed after all they have done for us I think we could all get together and get them cards.I would love for you all to help me I cant do it by myself.I know people have cards going to the war but I would like to have help doing this one for guys and gals hurt in the war and are hear in the DC area for all the treatment until they can go home or back to there units. I know we all have cards or fronts we can turn easy to cards that we dont use or are ret. and the demos cant use so they can do a great thing.PLEASE HELP ME.
Let me know what you think,
Monica
PS I am looking at Thank you cards,glad your home,just because,general cards ,Hello,What ever you could spare would be great one or one hundred... birthday because we would have no idea when there birthdays are these would need to be blank with a note for them to have a card to send to someone they love..You could right a little note and tell them what state you are from ECT.I think it would be great.
I wish you could all come see this is a sad place and this would make some troops so happy to know someone away from here cares and they are more then just a name on a chart.
Send to Monicas cards for troops
ALSO I have had some questions about the cards Please if you want to right a note that would be GREAT if not just sigh your name and your state.Blank carde will be left at the nurses station for the guys and gals to use to send home if they would like.If you want to make a letter/note on your puter to put in the card that is great I will copy it off adn put it in all your cards and they could reuse the card if they would like that is killing 2 birds with one stone a thank you and a card. what ever you want to do is just great.
ALSO they do not need to be man or woman cards funny or silly will be great too.whatever for a girly card would be great too. it is not a really picky thing just a lobor of love from Americans.....
P.S. I got a box today and Birthday cards are great.She sent them blank so the TROOPS could have something to send home That was a great idea.I need all the help with theis I can get THANKS SO MUCH.
ALSO IT IS IMPORTANT THAT IF YOU SEND AN ENVELOPE YOU NOT SEAL IT!! DUE TO THE ANTHRAX NOTHING SEALED GETS IN OR OUT LIKE THAT>it is sad but that is the way it is in this day and age now.
ALSO IF YOU HAVE ANY OLD HOLIDAY CARDS THAT WOULD BE GREAT ALSO. IF YOU WANT TO HELP THIS IS A HEARTFELT JOINT Effort I am PROUD to be part of........These guys and gals are being left behind.It is so so sad there are around 1,400 EACH month WOUNDED it is the sad part that we dont see on tv.We only know if some poor soul is killed and most have no idea how many are hurt so bad each month.this could be your child,mom,dad,cousin,niece or nephew.I can bet you all have a kid from home that is there or going there.......GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!!

Last edited by camsmom; 05-28-2006 at 05:36 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 07:17 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

As a vet myself, I recently got out of the Navy. I was a medic in Hawaii and sent many Marines off to Iraq-wondering if I would see them again. I would be happy to see what I can do and get together. It might take me a week or two.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 07:40 PM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

Monica....I will be more than happy to help you out in any way possible. Give me a week or so and I will ship a box of cards to you. Keep up the good work and God bless.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 07:48 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I have a box ready to be mailed on Monday.
Thanks for your good work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-06-2004, 09:26 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Default OK!

What are the exact details for mailing - don't want to get it wrong, sending some cards.... Helen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-07-2004, 03:45 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Great Idea

Great idea about the note, Monica. I am going to do that with mine this time. Thank you for all of your work in this effort. I will make sure you have them before the middle of December.

Thank you so much!

Shirley R.
Shirley in NC - SCS #756

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2004, 05:16 AM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

Default I'll help

Hi Monica -
Yes, yes - I'll help!!! I also am a military wife - my husband is a full-timer with the Illinois National Guard and just returned at the end of July from 18 months in the sandbox. Thank God everyone returned unscathed. I am very, very new to this stamping thing - in fact, picked up my stuff this weekend. I started a few Holidays cards last night - they would be perfect for soldiers. I can leave them blank if you would like so that they can send them out, or I can sign them from me. Whatever you would like me to do. Just let me know. And way to go, girl - I'm proud of you for doing this!!!!

Tonda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2004, 05:52 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

Hi Monica, did you get the stack of cards I sent you with my swap cards? I hope you can use them.

Sheryl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2004, 03:31 PM   #9  
Cardstock Collector

Hi Monica -
I also mentioned this to my VFW in my home town, which I belong to. Don't worry - it is a young VFW!!! We'll be helping you out as a group too -

Tonda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2005, 09:58 PM   #10  
Cardstock Collector

Default Cards for Wounded Troops

Monica
I just tonight (10:45 PM, May 11, 2005) found your posting and request for blank cards for our troops at Walter Reed. I'm a retired Army Major and I'm very familiar with being assigned overseas and away from family. Are you still looking for cards? I assume you want a variety of "subjects" so the individual's could pick something that they could send to family or friends. I know I have a bunch of "old" card fronts. I could make these into cards and send some off to you. If you still need some cards, please email me at [email protected]. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2005, 09:17 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Default It would be an honor to help

I'm working on the cards this weekend. Hope to sent 30 out the beginning of this week.
Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2005, 09:37 AM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Just wanted to subscribe to the thread.

When I posted I forgot to subscribe to this thread so I can keep up on whats going on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2005, 04:56 PM   #13  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is an aolder thread and I am not sure if Monica is still doing this program. I would PM her and get in touch with her before sending anything.

If you want to help the troops and Monica does not respond you can find Keri's cards for teh troops-I know she is continuing with that program for sure.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2005, 05:01 PM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

Wink

Thanks
I am new to stampin so can use all the help I can get!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2005, 05:59 PM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Thanks

New too, didn't seen the date of the post. Next time I'll check it.
Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2005, 08:12 AM   #16  
Glitter Queen

Default Are cards still needed?

I was wondering if anyone found out if she still needs cards? I would love to help. I know how much it means to get a simple card. My dh served in Iraq for 13 months. It is a great thing that she is doing. I would love to help. Anyone know?? thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2005, 02:59 PM   #17  
Mad Swapper

Default military cards

I live in Killeen, TX (Fort Hood), and have lots of 4th ID thank you cards already. Hopefully, I will be able to get a 1st Cav stamp (along with some others) pretty soon. I'll be happy to send them off to you sometime in the next week.
Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2005, 04:55 PM   #18  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by proud army wife
I was wondering if anyone found out if she still needs cards? I would love to help. I know how much it means to get a simple card. My dh served in Iraq for 13 months. It is a great thing that she is doing. I would love to help. Anyone know?? thanks
I have also been hoping to find out... since the original post was made in Oct. 2004 ...

Tried sending a PM, but her box has reached its limits and cannot accept further PMs until some are deleted :(

Checked to see if the email option was available through her profile.... and it shows "Last Activity: 12-31-1969 07:00 PM" It seems SCS has been around for a lot longer than I thought! LOL

Here are a two RAK requests for military that might be helpful:

Operation Quiet Comfort
For the wounded
Sent directly to Field Hospitals
(Originally posted 1 week ago)

RAK request for Army 48th Brigade
(Originally posted 4 days ago)
There may be others posted here as well, but my search only found these two currently active.

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Stampin' Up! Demo... and a "Rubber Mutt"

~*~
Click here to Visit My Gallery
HeartPrints Welcome
A

Avatar: Photo taken Dec. 2006 at Wildlife Safari - Winston, OR
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 05:04 AM   #19  
Cardstock Collector

Now why on earth didn't I join this forum MONTHS & MONTHS AGO?! (oh yeah... I didn't know it existed, LOL). Our family had SEVERAL "adopted" soldiers with the 1-108th AR, LOL!!!! Freaky coincidence...small world, huh? Anyway, thank God the 48th is home now, wooohooo!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2006, 04:12 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

If you are looking to send cards here at SCS we have a Troops Cards Program that sends cards TO THE TROOPS that are deployed and they can either be written for encouragement to the troops or they can be blank and the troops can send them home to their loved ones....I just got an email from a wife who rec'd a mothers day card and she told me how it just thrilled her and she said it was so special to get a card since her DH is in Iraq....if you would like more info...click the link.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes