View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 06:08 AM   #5
stenson71
Rubber Obsessor

Michelle, I feel your pain. I lost my Dad 2 1/2 years ago to emphysema. He was ill for 13 years and suffered terribly. He's definitely in a better place now as well as your own Father.

For our service my 5 sisters and I put together several photo boards in his honor. As most of us are into rubber stamping and other crafts, we were quite creative. We used lots of hand made and colored papers and lots of embellishments using 3-D floral punching.

My Dad created gorgeous stained glass items for each of us every year. When he created one, he felt he had to create 7. One for each of his daughters; and of course, one for Mom. We displayed many of his artwork pieces at the service as well. These ranged from small lamps, lighthouses, kaleidescopes, photo frames, etc. It was our way of showing others some of the wonderful things in life that gave him great comfort while suffering his dehabilitating disease.

I thought this might give you a taste of how we handled our service. It gave us the opportunity to show tribute to him and also helped us in our healing process.

My heart goes out to you, Michelle. May you find comfort in those around you and in the memories you have shared.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!