Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-01-2004, 05:50 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on photo board for Memorial Service

Hi,

I need some help from ya'll today. My father passed away Sunday at the young age of 52 from cancer. I was the only child so you only children know how spoiled we are and how close most of us are with our fathers. I will miss him dearly, but he's in a better place and isn't in anymore pain. Well anyway to the brighter side. I'm doing headings for the pictures for the photo board for the Memorial Service. The headings are Growing Up(him growing up), Best Friends(dad and mom), Family Fun(family pics at holidays,etc.), Best Buds(dad & my son), Playtime(dad playing baseball,playing with remote control trucks, pics of his classic cars,etc.), & Daddy's Girl(pics of dad & I). I made the headings by mounting the mini tag types onto the new round adhesive tags. I'm going to mount them on the Creative Memories 12x12 strips and round off the corners. The thing I'm stumped on is I would like to add some rubber stamping and I'm stumped on what to do. I have the following stamp sets Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Fresh Fillers, Background Basics, Little Shapes, Smorgasborders, Bees N Blossoms, On The Beach, Changing Seasons, A Little Love, Year Round Cheer, All Year Cheer I, It's A girl Thing, Little Trucks, and Little Boys. One idea I have is to use the the Bee's N Blossoms Set for the Best Friends pics. Stamp you and me friends we will always be onto vanilla cardstock and mount it to colored cardstock. I plan on stamping everything onto vanilla cardstock and mount it onto colored cardstock. The cardstock colors I chose were Darks, Blue, Green, Olive, Brown, Grey, & Red. But, now I'm stuck my brain has been working triple time since Sunday and I'm exhausted. I would appreciate any ideas anyone can give. Thank you you for reading this and God Bless.

Happy Stamping,
Michelle Gruber
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2004, 05:56 AM   #2  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Michelle-I am so sorry about your Dad. My Dad passed away in 1992 from cancer as well in his 50's, and although I wasn't an only child, I was the baby and very spoiled by him. I know the feeling that he is not in pain, but I also know it is hard to let go, no matter what the circumstances.

Maybe just do some accents if the pics go with the theme (maybe circles with 1 image in a corner of a pic). For example using 1 truck from little trucks to match the rc trucks)

I am sure the layout will be beautiful, but I would just focus on the pics. Maybe just use some a background like Fresh Fillers. I am sure when teh service is done you will put these in a scrapbook and they will be cherished. My heart goes out to you right now.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2004, 06:06 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

((Michelle)), I'm so sorry about your dad...I know how much it hurts.

Several years ago I helped a friend do a picture board when her husband died. After she picked out all the pictures we went into my paper "stash" and picked colors to mat each one so they would stand out the best. As Britta said, the pictures are the main focus. I guess I would concentrate on those. Maybe use accent stamps like for corners or something?

However you do it, it'll be a special tribute to your dad...

Hugs,
Betsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2004, 06:07 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default :(

I am so sorry about your dad. I am sure whatever you choose will be beautiful!

What Cancer Cannot Do:
It cannot cripple love
It cannot shatter faith
It cannot corrode hope
It cannot destroy peace
It cannot kill friendship
It cannot suppress memories
It cannot silence courage
It cannot invade the soul
It cannot steal eternal life
It cannot conquer the spirit

You are in my thoughts and prayers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2004, 06:08 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Michelle, I feel your pain. I lost my Dad 2 1/2 years ago to emphysema. He was ill for 13 years and suffered terribly. He's definitely in a better place now as well as your own Father.

For our service my 5 sisters and I put together several photo boards in his honor. As most of us are into rubber stamping and other crafts, we were quite creative. We used lots of hand made and colored papers and lots of embellishments using 3-D floral punching.

My Dad created gorgeous stained glass items for each of us every year. When he created one, he felt he had to create 7. One for each of his daughters; and of course, one for Mom. We displayed many of his artwork pieces at the service as well. These ranged from small lamps, lighthouses, kaleidescopes, photo frames, etc. It was our way of showing others some of the wonderful things in life that gave him great comfort while suffering his dehabilitating disease.

I thought this might give you a taste of how we handled our service. It gave us the opportunity to show tribute to him and also helped us in our healing process.

My heart goes out to you, Michelle. May you find comfort in those around you and in the memories you have shared.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2004, 06:22 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Dear Michelle,

My heart and prayers go out to you. I am so sorry for your loss. It's hard at times like these to force your mind to be creative. I agree with you, the photos will the center of attention. One idea I has heard about was leaving an empty journal near the photo display. Ask people to record their favorite memories of your father in the journal. The memories and photos will be what you latch on to during the difficult days ahead. They will help you heal by never forgetting the special and wonderful man your father was.

God Bless you,
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2004, 06:50 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to Blue Peanut
Default My thoughts and Prayers are with you and your family!

I too lost my Dad last October but not to cancer. He had liver disease. I will always miss him. Some days are better than others and I feel for my Mother because I know it is worse for her. My thoughts and prayers are with you all and that God will comfort you. Whatever you put together I am sure will be a wonder tribute to your Dad. Take care and God Bless you all.

Renee'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2004, 06:53 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Thank you so much for your ideas. I would like to especially thank you for your prayers and blessings. I have a very small family. I starting scrapbooking and started to meet all kinds of different people, and then I started stamping and met all kinds of new people, then I joined this board and met more new people. My family just keeps growing and growing!! It's touching to be able to make a post on the internet and get such kindness and sympathy from people, mostly whom you have never met. Again Thank You all and God Bless You.

Thank you,
Michelle Gruber
Reply With Quote Likes