Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-19-2005, 01:18 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wishblade cutter -- testimonial & special offer!

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I saw a similar post about Viking Office Products and a special they were running so I thought I'd post here.

I have recently purchased a Wishblade personal cutter and would like to know if any other splitcoasters have one. It is an incredible tool--I have the Advanced version, which has software you can use to design your own shapes to be cut. It truly is amazing and very easy to learn/operate. The shapes and fonts can be resized, as well -- going one step better than other die cut machines and tools.

I have been stamping for more than 10 years and make and sell cards. This is an indispensable tool already! For example, I have programmed in a pattern for a magic card -- no more measuring and cutting -- the Wishblade does it all. The software has a grid screen that makes designing the patterns easy. You can also cut "dashed lines" with the Wishblade--good for perforating or added detail. Or design your own images, such as a state outline. You could then program the state's name inside the cut-out of the state and cut it all at once.

Because the Wishblade Advanced software has enabled me to program patterns I have Sizzix dies for, I will soon be able to sell my Sizzix. Plus, I can now resize the shapes with the click of the mouse, giving me an infinite range sizes of each shape or letter. It is well worth the investment.

The shop I purchased mine from is offering a special -- a free extra font or an extra cutting blade -- both are a $40 value. The unit ships directly from Wishblade -- shipping is free and you only pay for sales tax. It comes with your choice of 2 font sets and 1 shape set, so you could get a 3rd font or an extra blade.

If anyone has questions or would like the contact information for the shop I purchased mine at please contact me privately or on this thread.

If I have posted this to the wrong forum or colored outside the lines by posting it at all, I'm sure it will be moved or removed, accordingly. I just wanted to post about this awesome cutter and also about the special that is available.

Jenny
mdislandgirl
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2005, 01:32 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

I've been curious about this. I've seen it in a couple of magazines. Seems like it works kind of like a printer except it cuts things out instead. Is that close?

Thanks for posting some info on this cool new product!

-danita
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2005, 05:16 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Default Wishblade info

The Wishblade is like a printer that cuts, basically. It is a small unit (5 pounds) that connects to your computer via a USB connection or serial port.

There are 2 versions; the regular Wishblade is $540 and comes with your choice of 2 font sets and 1 shape set. (visit www.wishblade.com to see the choices--there are some great fonts and shapes to choose from!) They come on flash cards, which need a reader to get onto your computer. They sell the readers for $18, if you need one. A lot of people have them already, for other purposes.

The Wishblade comes with software that allows you to lay out your pages to be cut. The shapes and fonts can be resized, larger or smaller. That's the coolest thing, almost. The Advanced WB is $695 and includes software that allows you to program/draw/plot your own designs, shapes, etc. I have always wanted a shape of the State of Maine and I did one in about a minute. Now that I have the design saved, I can bring it into other files, resize it, etc.

Also, I can use the fonts to type "Maine" right inside the state and the WB will cut the letters out at the same time.

If you purchase the basic WB and want to "upgrade" later on, it just costs you the difference ($155), not anything more.

This is such a time-saving machine! And if you can draw it, WB will cut it. It is easy enough to use and the tech support at WB is fabulous. They're available 7 days a week and the owners have called me or been there on the line to answer questions.

I, too, saw the ads and articles on this for the last year or so and finally decided to go see one. Then I decided to try it for 14-days, risk free. It's been a lot of fun.

Also, designs you have on WB can be sent to a regular printer instead, so you could print the designs you make. You can print them onto sticker paper (or Xyron on cardstock) and then put it into WB and it will cut around the image your printer just printed. Very cool.

For stampers and scrapbookers, something for everyone! I have a Sizzix and am going to be selling it, because I can duplicate just about everything on the WB. Even a chili pepper die I recently got! Then I will have small, medium and large peppers, etc.

Check out the website at www.wishblade.com

Jenny
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2005, 10:54 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Default Wishblade Special -- updated info

The special deal on the Wishblade is your choice of the following:
An additional free Shape Set ($40 retail price) or
An additional cutting blade ($40 retail price) or
$40 off the price of the Wishblade Basic or Advanced

I got the Fonts and Shapes sets reversed; the Font sets are $70 each and are NOT part of the special.

Sorry for the confusion!

Jenny
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2005, 10:02 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, this thing looks AWESOME!

So let me see if I understand... So I could create something on my own and it will cut it, or does it have to be from one of their purchased templates?

This might be something I need to save for, but I don't want to be stuck with only using there shapes and cut outs.

Thanks!
And there's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'. Go figure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 03:53 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Default Wishblade-Cut your own shapes!

Yes, you can design and cut your own shapes with the Wishblade. You need the advanced version, which includes the software that gives you the capability to create your shapes to be cut. They can then be resized, so you can do something simple, like a square, and make a ton of different sized ones. Or frames, circles, etc.

With the software you bring in a photo or other .jpg file and basically 'draw' the cutlines over it. They can then be edited, moved, adjusted, etc. so you have it the way you want it.

WB will either cut or dash the paper -- so you can have perforated lines, or dash lines for detail, etc. You can vary the length and spacing of the dashes, which is very useful.

It's almost like having a mini CAD machine (drafting tool) because it has a grid you can set for increments you want (1/4 inch, or 1/2", etc) so you can see what you're creating in more detail.

This is a lot of fun and it's so nice to send a page of stuff to be cut while you're doing something else. I make the Penny Spinning cards and I have a template that will cut the slots for me. It is quite a time-saver.

Plus, it pretty much eliminates the need for a Sizzix, since you can duplicate about any outline you can think of. The more detailed ones take time, of course, but there are tools such as circle, line, rectangle, arc and more that make it easier.

I am really enjoying mine -- the ability to resize everything I create (as well as the Wishblade shapes and fonts) is incredible -- only thing better is being able to create my own patterns.

Feel free to email me privately for more info, including contact email for the woman I purchased mine through who's running the special.

This will more than pay for itself. Once you start thinking about all it can do, it's amazing.

Like Wishblade says: "if you can wish it, you can cut it!"

Jenny
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 06:04 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Would you...

Jenny:

Would you send me the info for the shop where you bought yours? I've been considering the wishblade since I saw it 6 weeks ago. Your testimonial has brought me to the brink! TIA ~ K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 11:51 AM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

I would love you know where the discounts are. I have shopped around and the only place that I have found any discounts is through www.paperdreams.com Let me know, thanks [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2005, 12:29 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

If you get the advanced version, can you import a font say from Microsoft Works, and have it cut that, or do you have to use the font cards they have or draw your own?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 04:17 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Kim

I purchased my Wishblade at a scrapbooking store in Bangor, Maine. The WB ships from WB directly, in MN, so ordering in Maine doesn't slow down delivery time, etc.

Contact Barbara Seeley, the shop's owner, at [email protected]

In case you haven't read the post about her special, it is your choice of one of the folowing items:
$40 off Wishblade Basic or Advanced
Additional free shapes set ($40 value)
Replacement Blade ($40 value)

WB gives a 14-day trial period offer, so you can get it and see if it's as fabulous as everyone says it is. (it is, by the way).

Please email me for more info.

Jenny
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 04:22 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I want one! It does sound like a scrapbooker/stamper must have. I'll have to save for it though... :(

[email protected]

"The joys of parents are secret, and so are their griefs and fears"

-Frances Bacon
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 04:29 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Kerrie

Yes, Wishblade will cut fonts in Microsoft Word (not sure about Works, but could look into it). You cannot import outside fonts into the Wishblade Advanced page layouts, however. You would have to design your text box in MS Word and then "print" it to the Wishblade, which will cut it. Then you could cut again, using the WB designed portion. A bit tricky to mix the 2 but it can be done.

Wishblade will also cut clip art shapes brought into MS Word -- there are steps to take that make the clip art (and fonts) an outline shape once you take the color away, etc. and then you can cut it. Again, must be done from Word; cannot be imported into a WB designed page.

Wishblade is a lot of fun -- the possibilities are endless and once you get going you will just love it. It cuts all sorts of mediums -- vellum, cardstock, sticker paper, etc. and you can also design in Wishblade (the Advanced version) and then print what you design.

WB offers a 14-day trial period once you get the unit so you can try it yourself. It's like attaching a printer to your computer, only it cuts instead of prints.

You can also bring in a .jpg file and print it (to an ink jet), then put it into WB and have it cut out around what you just printed. You set it up in WB and add cut marks. You can make some funky borders that way, or cut someone's name into a picture, etc.

I have posted the contact info for the woman I ordered from, along with her specials.

If you have other questions feel free to email me on the group or privately. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2005, 04:34 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

It is awesome! Visit the WB site, www.wishblade.com for more info.
There are 2 versions -- the Basic ($540) and the Advanced ($695) which has the software you can create your own shapes with.
Both versions come with your choice of (2) Fonts sets and (1) Shapes set.
The special I've mentioned is in addition to that, offered by a shop here in Maine.
Reply With Quote Likes