View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 08:55 PM   #7
Rubbernecker
Hardware Hotshot

Stampmesilly - I'm near you (in Orland Park and I'm assuming you're referring to the Oak Brook location). I had my daughter's 6th birthday there and it was a lot of fun. I wasn't totally impressed with the staff - the teen girls seemed more interested in comparing their weekend plans and even looking out the window than in making it fun for my little guests. (Maybe I'm just spoiled by Build-A-Bear). I did have to go back to our house to open presents and do the cake. (I restricted my daughter's guest list to as many as I could safely fit in my SUV.) If you don't want to do that, maybe check with California Pizza Kitchen (upper level by Nordstrom) - they would probably tolerate that kind of thing and they do well with kids.

Back to the invites...all of the above was in my pre-stamping days (was there ever such a time? ) My daughter had a similar "girly" party and I did the invitations with It's a Girl Thing. I printed them out on cardstock and then attached the decorated front. I thought they turned out cute and some of the moms commented on them. Saved me from writing everything out. It did it in Excel and could send the file to anyone who wants it.

Julie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!