Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-30-2004, 04:29 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Location: The loop... I'm out of the loop... has anyone seen the loop?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Birthday Invitations

Looking for suggestions on birthday invitations. My daughter is going to be 9 in October. She is going to have a party at Libby Lou. That is a little girls makeover party place. She is inviting 9 friends to come and get a "Popstar" makeover. My hubby thought it a great Idea for me to make the invites. Isn't it great the confidence he has in me. LOL

Signe :lol:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2004, 04:52 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Well I can think of two sets in particular that would look great as girl party invitations.
1. Girlfriends
2.Totally Cool.

You could always do different shades of pink for the invite. Pink and purple is always a femanine look. I even like pink, purple, and black believe it or not.

Oh the party could be so fun... You could make the goody bags and fill them with lotions, body glitter, lip balms, glosses, or any of those kinds of things.
I found white plain cosmetic mirrors and stamped them with stazon ink for a thank you for all my stamp club members. (I'll have to post a picture of it)
I just went to a wedding shower and got a real pretty cloth mirror for my purse, you could easily stamp a ribbon an tie it around the mirror.
The only thing is finding the mirrors. :?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2004, 04:53 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

My daughter turned 9 in April and we had her party at Libby Lu. The girls just LOVED it. I kept hearing, "This is the BEST party EVER!"
It was worth every penny.

We made her invitations using the Girlfriends set. Did a background with the stamp with the brush, polish, curlers on it. Then layered the two girls. I wish I had one to upload, but We sent them all out.

Now, Totally Cool would make a good invitation, too.
My 6 year old daughter is wanting HER party at Libby Lu!
What have I started?!
Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2004, 05:36 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Although my DD is a bit younger, I made her party invites last year and the girls loved them.

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

This background might be cute with the girlfriends or totally cool set. Just a thought. I also made matching die cut basket boxes for the party favors. It really turned out fun & very funky.

Sounds like your DD is going to have a fantastic birthday party. Don't forget to post what you end up making.

Kendra
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2004, 06:08 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

I am planning (for Sept.) a Libby Lou party for my daughter turning 7. The store close to me is quite small. I was wondering how you all planned the gift opening and cake blowing ceremony. The store does not allow those activities. Did you go to a restaurant locally? back to your home? Ideas would be appreciated. And as far as the invitations, I was thinking about "It's a Girl Thing', which was a Hostess Appreciation set in the Spring of this year - what do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2004, 06:37 PM   #6  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don;t forget the Pocket Fun girls-you could add glitter and rhinestones to their hair and have the info below them-when you pull the girls out a pocket (or if you made it like a cute handbag that opened) it could have the info.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2004, 07:55 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stampmesilly - I'm near you (in Orland Park and I'm assuming you're referring to the Oak Brook location). I had my daughter's 6th birthday there and it was a lot of fun. I wasn't totally impressed with the staff - the teen girls seemed more interested in comparing their weekend plans and even looking out the window than in making it fun for my little guests. (Maybe I'm just spoiled by Build-A-Bear). I did have to go back to our house to open presents and do the cake. (I restricted my daughter's guest list to as many as I could safely fit in my SUV.) If you don't want to do that, maybe check with California Pizza Kitchen (upper level by Nordstrom) - they would probably tolerate that kind of thing and they do well with kids.

Back to the invites...all of the above was in my pre-stamping days (was there ever such a time? :shock: ) My daughter had a similar "girly" party and I did the invitations with It's a Girl Thing. I printed them out on cardstock and then attached the decorated front. I thought they turned out cute and some of the moms commented on them. Saved me from writing everything out. It did it in Excel and could send the file to anyone who wants it.

Julie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-31-2004, 04:46 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default That sounds like fun...

ITA that the Girlfriends would be a great one to use....that is on my wishlist
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2004, 06:24 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Rubbernecker,

Thanks for the post and your insights. Yes it is the Libby Lou in Oakbrook that I was thinking about. Haven't yet planned the party yet -- still thinking about which day and time might be the best. I know weekends are maddeningly crowded! From Orland Park, that was pretty ambitious of you!
Reply With Quote Likes