View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004, 05:06 PM   #1
Kimberly47
Matboard Maniac

Default Thanks to all of you at SCS-good times & bad

As I was sitting here reading various posts, I found I did something today that I haven't done in the last six hours - laugh! A close friend and coworker of mine called me earlier this afternoon to tell me that her mother lost her battle with breast cancer last night. She had been sick for months and had told no one (not even her doctor) of the grapefruit sized tumor she had. She only told her doctor and children to get out of having a biopsy on the tumors they had recently discovered in her lungs.

My friend has had a very difficult relationship with her mom and it breaks my heart that they weren't able to resolve any of that before her mom's death. I also feel so helpless to do anything for my friend - she knows I'm there for her, but she's occupied with her brothers and making arrangements right now.

Anyway, I was looking at this site as I do several times a day and happened upon the thread about Lana sitting on her Just Jeans background stamp. It gave me a much needed laugh. I realized though I don't know any of you personally, that I feel I have gotten to know some of your personalities from this site. This is a very long way of saying a heartfelt thank you to all of you wonderful people who make this site what it is! It has certainly brightened my day!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!