View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 04:06 AM   #27
avonlea
Pearl-ExPert

Default some tips

I'm super excited about CHA (not attending ) & all the new goodies!!!

Here are some tips I gathered (from 2ps) with regards to what to take along to MemoryTrends in October '06...should be applicable to CHA, too. Now, these are from a retailer's perspective. My added comments are in purple italics.

Quote:
  1. Water (if you can bring your own it will save you time in line and lots of money, average cost $3 per bottle)
  2. Mini stapler I didn't have a need for it, personally.
  3. preprinted address labels/stickers for order forms. They save so much time and hand cramping.
  4. clipboard You can even decorate it A mini clipboard would be great!
  5. small notebook for ideas, list of booths to see, etc. I never travel anywhere without a small notebook! Beats writing things down on bits of paper which might get lost.
  6. calculator (for those late night order forms back at the hotel)
  7. chocolate (there is usually plenty around the booths but I bring some anyway for energy boosts) (Energy bars!)
  8. your own business cards and a credit letter for new companies with store logo, bank info, list of companies you do business with, store pic, website, etc.
  9. a small empty suitcase if you're flying for all the catalogs, etc. I used to pack clothes in small case and put small case into larger case on the way to the show so I only had to deal with one bag on the way there.
My tips:
  • Comfy shoes!!! A *must*! I saw lots of people wearing those Crocs. And if you can find them, the Mary-Jane Crocs are quite cute.
  • Peppermint foot lotion (for example - the Body Shop's own) !!! Dude, your feet will be sore at the end of a loooooooong day!
  • I brought my carry-on, rolling suitcase to the show to stuff all the catalogues & schwag I was getting. They get to be quite heavy! Many people had these (or any other bag on wheels).
  • Hi-liter...to highlight, on the map, the booths which you don't want to miss.
  • Most of the big booths have cool make'n'takes - get there early before they run out of supplies!
  • Check out booths with 'bigger' ticket items...like all those die-cutting machines. And ask questions as to which materials can be used...cutting surface...dies... I wish I had done more of this, because it's a great opportunity to see what's on the market all in one spot and to start comparing them.
  • If you have time, check out one of the local scrapbooking/stamp stores. Check their website to see if they have any specials or classes during CHA. Print out directions ahead of time or email them and ask.
I think that's all. I brought along my digi camera and my iBook so that I could upload my pics - I took *tonnes* of pics. For me, MemoryTrends was overwhelming, being my 1st show! I now have a better idea as to which booths I want to check out next year.

Anyone else have ideas to share?

Cris

Want to join the SCS Fan Club?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!