Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-23-2004, 08:53 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need to pick your brains for...

Veteran's Day Cards ideas??? I am going to do a workshop for a bunch of cub scouts. They will be making cards to send to the Veterans on Veteran's Day. I need simple easy ideas to use with them. Thanks.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2004, 09:51 AM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

If you have "Bug Builders" you can make a flag using the squiggle lines (red) and the stars (blue) stamped on white cs. Mount the flag on cordinating cs (I used blue) and stamp U.S.A. below it on the card front (red). I added three blue star eyelets between the flag and the words, but you may be asking for trouble setting eyelets in a cub scout troop. You can also use ribbon and do a fake bow either above or below the flag.

You could set up an assembly line and have each child do something different to the card.

Amy G
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2004, 10:05 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

You could do any card with a flag or patriotic theme, and then use a "Many Thanks" stamp for the greeting. The meaning would be clear, I think. Someone already mentioned the bug builders. You could also use Stars & Swirls (is that one still current?) or the plaid maker. If you didn't have the right stamps, you could just used ripped paper to make a flag design on a card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2004, 10:11 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

The ripped paper design is a great idea! I think there is a picture of something like this in last years catty on the page with the eyeletes. The card used red, white, and blue ripped paper and silver star eyeletes for the flag. If you don't want to use eyeletes, you could maybe find some stickers, which the scouts would enjoy using.
Good luck!

www.cafemom.com/home/VoreisTwins
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2004, 10:13 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

do you have the God Bless AMerica stamp taht came out as a special a few years ago.

I was going to suggest ising Stars and Swirls as well.

I think just about anything that says "Many Thanks" using Red white and Blue would be fine.

Also too - the boys may just surprise you with what THEY come up with and that would mean even more - Just my Opinion!

I know my son surprises me with his creations when I let him stamp with me! Have to admit that I have even CASEd and expanded on some of HIS ideas!!!!

Smiles

Kate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2004, 12:58 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

I think a simple masculine or patriotic thank you card is very appropriate--I often have veterans come speak in my classroom and I suggest the students thank them for their service to our country and for coming to share their experience with us.

I would think any card red white and blue, stars, or camouflage colors, or even a vintage(masculine) or nature would be fine. Also, each war has a different t-shirt color that would closely correspond to our earth elements, so if you know specifically, you could find that out, or maybe their regiment, etc.,

Great idea for your cub scouts!

some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2004, 06:12 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks , I knew you would have good suggestions. I will run them by the den leader and see what she thinks. You guys are awesome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2004, 06:25 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

i have no ideas (that's pretty much the norm for me) but as the daughter and niece of WWII vets, niece of a Korean War vet, sister and niece of Viet Nam vets, cousin of a Gulf War vet - well let me just say what a great idea i think this is!! i will be spending remembrance day this year, as i have done in the past, with a bunch of WWII RCAF vets. i think i may have to put my I LOVE CANADA stamp set to use and make some cards before i head up there!
Reply With Quote Likes