Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-30-2005, 03:36 AM   #1  
PAPER SCAPER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post it note poem for inside cards

I just wanted to share this idea of using a post it inside the card to sign on so the card can be recycled by the person you give it to. I saved it in my word program so I can always have it ready to print.

Type it out so it is centered on each line. Example: I used CAC Karzy Legs, font size 14.

Print the phrase on a piece of paper. I use a half sheet and reset the page setup in the photo format.

After printing place the paper up to a window and place your post it over the printing to your liking. I like it centered with enough room to sign at the bottom. I use 3 by 3" post it notes.

Draw a line against the post it top and down one side. In the future when you want to print on a post it just line it up to these lines and it�ll print out perfect every time.

Just keep in mind that if you change the font style or size you may need to test print to make sure it�ll fit on the post it.

Once you have it set just name it and save in your Word Files. Save in more than one font style if you�d like. It�ll be there handy the next time you want it. Just don�t forget where you stored the paper with the guide lines!

This poem has been around for a while now and it�s a cute saying for the purpose. I have no idea who wrote it but I think the author was very clever.

I didn�t sign this card
before I sent it off to you,
instead it holds my warmest thoughts
invisible but true.

So if you find you need
to brighten someone�s day,

then take this card and sign it
and send it on its way.

If you have a question and want to more information just PM me and I�ll explain the best I can or even send a photo or better yet email you the program as long as I know what word program you're working with.

This is good for me to send my mom her phone cards when I find them on sale because the greeting card helps conceal what�s inside and she also has a card to use when she needs it. I do always send her and extra envelope because I make my own just a little bigger than store bought ones.
She lives in a different state than some of us kids and her sister�s so the phone cards come in handy for her since she lives on a budget. And let�s face it with the cost of greeting cards you�re doing an older person a favor using the post it. It'll work great for being on a RAK list and for myself I can then use the card for the charities I do.
I also do a similar fomat for notes to the soldiers telling them where I'm from and how proud we are of them. It just gives them a little more to read than just a thank you.

Rox

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 04:04 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

TFS Rox

I had never heard of this before but I really like it.. I am going to incorporate these ASAP in the cards I make to send to the troops or other places!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 04:08 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Default Thank you

Thank you sooooooo much!!!

This is a FANTASTIC idea! I will definitely put it to good use. I can think of several people right now who would very much enjoy receiving cards like this... especially the fact that they, too, can send a handmade card to someone special in their lives.

You are very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 04:16 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Thanks for posting this. I have a friend that I have given cards to that has jokingly asked me not to write in the cards I send her. She loves my cards so much she wants to send them to other people. I did send her one card in which I wrote my note on a post-it.
Beverly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 05:11 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is too funny, my stamping friends and I have joked about signing the cards for a long time. Thank you so much for sharing this and I hope I can figure out the directions
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 05:14 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the idea. I will be trying this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 05:18 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

When I've done this I've also included a new envelope. I've done so many cards when waiting for new set to arrive, for challenges, etc, that I send some to my relatives to share my work and to give them cards to send.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 05:27 AM   #8  
PAPER SCAPER

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rox71
I do always send her and extra envelope because I make my own just a little bigger than store bought ones.
Sharon, shame on you for not reading the post better. Now your punishment is to send out at least two cards this way within the week.

Rox

PS When I first looked at your avatar I thought you were sitting next to Sonny Bono and I so loved his music.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 06:06 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

This is a really cute idea!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 06:29 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Thanks for the idea and the poem. My mom loves the cards I send her and she sends alot of cards herself. Now she can recycle!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 09:44 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: My very hot stamp room, in Phoenix! It's a dry heat.
Thumbs up Similar

I just did a RAK and wrote my note to the recipient on a post it instead of in the card. I didn't have this poem, but I am sure she can figure out the fact she can use the card again. My post it is 3x5 and fits perfectly inside a standard sized card.

The poem is a cute idea too! TFS

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 04:47 PM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks, I have been looking for this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 06:36 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Oops! I didn't have my glasses on and was trying to read fast. No that's not Sonny Bono, I've been married to the man for 36 years this July and think if he had a secret life I would have known. LOL Just for you I'll RAK twice after I finish all the other RAK's I have to do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 08:33 PM   #14  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Not writing on the inside of a card

Whew! Did you open up a can of worms with me on this one! This idea is one that must be popular among SU demos, but I think you should be aware that it can hit a sour note for others who receive a card done this way.

Years ago when I first started with SU (as a customer, not a demo), my sister in law who was a demo would send me cards like you were talking about - my name was never inside, she would always write a note -- post a note or other wise and include it in the card, but otherwise the card was sent "blank". I can't tell you how small and insignificant this made me feel when I received these cards -- it is a sad memory for me. I know why she was doing it - so I could use the card again - but what it signaled to me was that I wasn't deemed important enough to "waste" a card on.

I don't mean to be "downer" on this thread, but I believe it is important that you be aware that the receiver of the card may be hurt by this, even though you may not intend it to.

Still twinging after all these years,
Susy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 09:02 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boss
I can't tell you how small and insignificant this made me feel when I received these cards -- it is a sad memory for me. I know why she was doing it - so I could use the card again - but what it signaled to me was that I wasn't deemed important enough to "waste" a card on.

I am sorry you feel this was. I look at it as a gift that keeps giving. Someone though of me and sent a special card to brighten my day and now, I can bighten some elses day by sending on this card.

Laurie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2005, 09:45 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Post it note poem for inside cards

Great idea! I love it. I have a friend who doesn't like me to stamp my name on the back of the card, so she can reuse it. I take it as a compliment. This poem will be great to include with cards I send to her in the future. Thank you for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 06:19 AM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for sharing! The poem is a great way to express why you're using a Post-It instead of writing inside. I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 07:02 AM   #18  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Not signing inside of card

Obviously, my post about feeling bad that a card sent to me wasn't written in for me went over the head of some of you. You are free to hold that opinion - I just wanted some of you, who are open minded, to be aware that your "gift" may be misinterpreted by the receiver.
I agree that a handmade card IS a gift, and as such it should be sent to a specific someone, not sent to someone with the intent that they use that "gift" for someone else.
I guess my thought is that if you want to send a card to someone - send it to THEM. If you want that person to have cards, as a gift us use again, send an extra card or two for that purpose.

I would not send box of handmade chocolates to a person, and attach a note that this "gift" could be passed on to someone else - in my mind it is no different with handmade card.....a gift is a gift.
Susy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 07:13 AM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

I can see it both ways. I liked the idea at first, but understand your point of view, Suzy. I think if I were to do something like this I would just send a second card and envelope. That way the receipient receives a nice card and a gift to pass on.

I know that when I send cards to people sometimes they like to keep them. My girlfriend liked one so much she included it in a scrapbook page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 07:16 AM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks for posting that
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2005, 05:31 PM   #21  
PAPER SCAPER

I guess I should state why this thread got started in the first place. We were discussing being on a RAK list on another thread and I ask if the cards could not be signed so it could re recycled for the charities I work with. It was just a thought and a way to get more use of the card when I'm done viewing it. I do still have one that Sharon sent me unsigned and when I'm ready I'll send it on to a child for his birthday.

I also send for the soldiers and thought you might want to read what Sharriyanne wrote in a post about the troops in Iraq.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that one of the absolute FAVORITE things that the soldiers working with my husband received...was CARDS!!!

I don't mean the cards we send with notes already in them, but the blank cards we send for THEM to send home to their loved ones.

I just thought you might want to read another reason for the post it note if you felt like sending it in the card.

Now a little story: I sent a signed card to a friend for her birthday and also two cards with envelopes for her to use. She ask what the extra cards meant.

I guess everyone doesn't get the message no matter what you do but it made perfect sense to her that they were a small gift for her once I explained. I guess sometimes no matter what you do it can be misunderstood.

I often just type out a letter to my mom and send the card and extra envelope and she has always understood the purpose of it. Other wise my out spoken mother would have had something to say about it.

Susy I took no offense to your topic and everyone is entitled to an opinion. It sure would be a boring world if we were all the same. Thanks for your thoughts on the subject.

Rox

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 12:03 PM   #22  
Cardstock Collector

Default Post it note poem...

Have any of you tried using 2-way glue instead of a post-it?? If you let the glue dry, it is supposed to act like a post-it. I have not tried it with cardstock, maybe it would work better on paper. Just a quick thought...think I will try it out later.

MaryCarol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 12:08 PM   #23  
Cardstock Collector

I'm new at posting so hope this doesn't come through twice...but has anyone tried using the 2-way glue pen instead of post-its? If you let the glue dry, it is supposed to act like a sticky note. I haven't tried it yet but will later. It probably would work better on paper than cardstock, but will try both.
---MaryCarol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 01:07 PM   #24  
Cardstock Collector

Default post it note

I love the idea and the poem,wold you PLEASE e-mail to me, I am not very computer savvy, I use microsoft word, I would so appreciate your help
Sharyn [email protected] is my address. Thank you so much
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2005, 07:05 PM   #25  
Cardstock Collector

I just read through this thread quickly and wanted to share another option...I will often put my sentiment on a separate piece of paper or vellum and use it as an insert, either loose or with a ribbon, cord etc. This would allow the recipient to keep the card as theirs or remove the insert and pass the card along!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 02:00 PM   #26  
Compulsive Stamper

I have never heard this poem. I love it. I have a habit of not signing my cards so that they can be reused.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 05:48 PM   #27  
Crimping Master

Default Thank you

I have done this for a long time after getting the directions from some scrap magazine, but, I was having to take it to the window each time to line it up.....which you can't do at night....so thanks for the tip about drawing the lines around it line it up again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #28  
Matboard Maniac

Easier yet-print it and cut out paper and use this glue stick:

Scotch� Restickable Adhesive Glue Stick
Scotch� Restickable Adhesive Glue Stick. From the makers of Post-it� Notes. Neat, easy-to-use, solid adhesive stick makes paper self-sticking, removable, and repositionable. 6307 .20 oz., 6314 .40 oz.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 06:07 PM   #29  
Crimping Master

LOL....my mom used to write on post-its in store bought cards when I was in college. She sent 3-5 cards a week. She always wanted them back at the end of the semester to send again. Too bad she did not have the poem....of course it would have needed to be changes to say give back the card to me

Thanks for the memory. I am going to send her a card with that soon.

Kate

My Blog - Just me and the dog (stamping too)

My little gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 06:27 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for this great idea Roxie!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2009, 06:23 AM   #31  
Glitter Queen

Default Great idea!

I love this idea! My mom always loves to send my cards and this way she'll get to see them instead of me sending her so many pictures.. AND.. she can use them at the same time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

I like this idea. I once sent a card to a cousin and she cut the card front off and wrote a note on the back of the card front and sent it back to me. I am going to reuse that card front by gluing it to another card base. I will also incorporate the poem in my cards as well as send extra cards to be used as gifts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 07:36 AM   #33  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

great poem...tfs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #34  
Inking Addict

Awesome idea...I have a card ready to go out and am going to use this idea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #35  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

This is a wonderful idea but I can see how it COULD hurt someones feelings! Thanks for the reminder. I think it's just like sending a hand made card, you have to know who you are sending it to and whether or not they will "get" that you took the time to make it or see it as you being "too cheap" to buy one((HA!)) and, with this post it idea, who would appreciate being able to recycle your card or who might see it as a slap.

So, I'll definitely put this note in my BFFs cards for sure, she makes cards too and would love to recycle, but my MIL... well... let's just say that she usually gets a store bought cards anyway (thanks to her unfortunate comments from the past). And for my ladies at work, that don't know stamping, I think I'll just sign the card and move on!

Great tips!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2010, 04:38 PM   #36  
stu
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have used this poem when I give a card as a 'thank you' gift to friends that did something nice for me that wouldn't normally call for a thank you note. The poem was inserted into a clear envelope that holds the card and a regular envelope so they can read it easily and then they have a card to send someone else.

Most of the folks I've done this with have been appreciative.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2011, 04:33 AM   #37  
Mad Swapper

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool! thanks to all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2011, 06:49 AM   #38  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, just now seeing this!!! I write my message on a post it note too, so that the recipient can re-use the card. It's like a second gift I like the poem and will be sure to give it a try!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2011, 04:05 PM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've done the Post-It inside, too, usually to other cardmakers who have done it for me and we both "got it" without explanation . . . but, I can absolutely see where someone not in the "cardmaker's realm" wouldn't get it. Which is why I think the poem is a wonderful idea!

I love Roxie's idea of having them mass-produced because if I don't have it ready to go, I won't do it.

And I would do it for a "thinking of you," or non-specific occasion types of cards, but never birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #40  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have 4 SIL's and they all said *don't write on the cards* , send a note so we can use the cards! They love them and so do their friends...I send them each about 20 cards a month with envelopes...It makes a great treat for them to have hand made cards from their friends and families...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes