Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Are you in Houston or Sugarland area?? Please read....

Hi! I am going to visit family in Sugarland TX in a couple of weeks. I haven't been there in 2 years and last time I was there I wasn't into stampin yet. I cannot wait to go shopping for things that I only read about on the forums!!! Can anyone give me the names of some places to go to for great stampin stuff?!! I want to hit Target & Joann's for sure (we don't have them in Canada). Are there any other local scrapbook stores in the area you can suggest? Oh and can you recommend a store that sells Prismacolor markers for the best price?

Thanks everyone! Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Charlene
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

I'm still new to TX, I haven't even been to Sugarland yet, but I do know there is a Super Target, Walmart & Micheals in Pearland off SH288
I'm sure there are others that know of places closer to Sugarland.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2007, 07:33 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 457 Likes on 346 Posts

You'll want to go to the Scrapbook Village which is just off of Highway 6 in Missouri City. It is in a small strip of shops near the Black Eyed Pea.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2007, 08:02 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 431 Likes on 164 Posts

I live in Sugar Land and there are the usuals--Michael's (off of /William's Trace) Hobby Lobby (south on Hwy 6) and not far from Michael's is Scrapbook Village that Allee mentioned above (they have great papers, punches, embellishments, chipboard, clear stamps, cuttlebug stuff, and all kinds of great stuff).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2007, 09:39 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Smile

What are the chances I will find the scalloped oval punches while I am there? Have you seen them in stock anywhere lately? I know it's still 2 weeks away but a girl can hope!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2007, 02:44 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Enjoy your stay in Sugar Land. I love it here. Take the time to go to Town Center - the mall here. They've done wonders to it and created a fabulous outdoor shopping experience.
http://www.sugarlandtownsquare.com/
Also, this is a great time of year to see alligators in the wild. Head out to Brazos Bend State Park (about 20 minutes away). http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/f...s/brazos_bend/

As far as your original question:
Scrapbook Village is good. Here is the link: http://www.thescrapbookvillage.com/

There is an Archiver's in Katy (about 30 minutes away). Here is that link.
http://www.archiversonline.com/myarchivers/katy.asp

Although Houston is big, there really aren't many scrapbooking/stamping stores. I do most of my stamp shopping online. If you're into quilting though, you can visit lots of fabulous stores.

Dina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2007, 02:46 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

One more thing - have your relatives look on the back of the comics page in Sunday to see if there is a Hobby Lobby coupon. If so, have them save it for you. They might have the markers. Your best bet is to probably get them online though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2007, 05:37 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Go to IKEA - it's on the West side of Houston. Lots of cool organizational things for good prices. www.ikea.com - if you go to the gallery and type in IKEA in the search- you will see some things people have bought and altered or are using for organization. Some great stuff!

Good luck!

Vicki

Remember no time is ever wasted that makes people better friends...so we aren't all wasting our time here on SCS. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2007, 08:15 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 431 Likes on 164 Posts

Charlene, I have not had any luck in finding the scallop punches around here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2007, 08:27 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm on the west side and was going to mention the new Archiver's, but I see that others have given you lots of great ideas! If you do head out west, there's a scrapbook/stamp place on 529 just past HWY 6...I think it's A Place in Time? I have only been once but it was fabulous! There are Michael's, Hobby Lobby, and JoAnn's within a few blocks there, too! Welcome to the Houston area!

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2007, 08:31 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was in Hobby Lobby last week. They had a set of Prismacolor markers, I think it was 26? in the set and they were around $50. You can also get their coupon online at hobbylobby.com.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2007, 10:59 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

I would also recommend Archivers and The Scrapbook Village which have already been mentioned. I am not sure how much travelling you want to do while here but The Novel Approach in Friendswood and the Scrapbook Junkie in Kemah are also very nice stores and are close to each other--Friendswood and Kemah are south of Houston around the NASA area. Also, there is a large store in the Woodlands (north of Houston) called the Lonestar Scrapbook Co. which is also very good. There are numerous locations for Hobby Lobby, Michaels, and Joann's in Houston/Sugar Land areas. Hope you have a great trip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2007, 11:01 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

In Pearland which is a small drive from Sugarland there is Just 4 Fun scrapbooking OH MY GOSH you will love it. Then there is Novel Approach in Friendswood, Lone Start Scrapbooking in the Woodlands, and there is another store that I have not been to in League City. All are decent driving distance from Sugarland but worth the trip!!!! (Especially J4F.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2007, 01:25 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Novel Approach has more stamping stuff than any of the rest. I haven't seen the scalloped punches at any of them! I think Novel Approach gets in new papers the fastest. The customer service at Scrapbook Village and Just4Fun is awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

I think everyone covered them all!
SCS Member #772
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-09-2007, 05:40 PM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Talking THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Ladies...I am beyond excited. I cannot wait!! Thank you for ALL the suggestions, names of stores, and links. I will be doing my very best to go to all of them. I am so not opposed to driving any distance to appease my addiction!! LOL. I am familiar with Katy because I love the outlet mall! The other places will be new to me which is so great. My poor sister in law won't know what hit here when I give her the list of places I want to go to. She is wonderful so I am sure she will take me. She has already told me that a big pad of DCWV Spring paper is waiting for me at the house!! It is so hard to buy decent paper packs here in Canada. The one at Michaels is $29.99 and not the greatest patterns. Any I have come across at our scrapbook stores are way to pricey and even those are far and few between. We also rent a car for a few days while there so I will find my way to these stores one way or another hahahaha. Although if that prison is still near Sugarland I guess it's not recommended to hitchhike. LOL!! Oh Boy nice weather and shopping for *stuff*!! Who could ask for more!!?? We are expecting more snow tonight so believe me the count down is on.

Thanks again everyone. Have a great week!! See ya in Texas!

Charlene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

Talking

Hi Everyone!! Well I am here in Sugar Land. We got here yesterday around 1pm. The flight was good but the weather was better! Got a bit of a burn already...whoops. But who knew to put sunscreen on in Calgary when we left snow, ice and COLD??!! LOL.

Yesterday was an awesome day...we went to watch our nephews ball game as soon as we landed and then we went to the Jimmy Buffet concert. Was that ever fun! 50,000 people and all in a party mood. I have never seen anything like it. That stadium was awesome with the open roof. LOL! And I didn't really know much of his music before but I am a fan now. Today we stayed in and hung out together, played games with the kids etc. Tomorrow I hope we go shopping but may not get to the scrapbooking stores till mid week. Cannot wait!!

I have to say even with the partly cloudy day today I so enjoyed this spring Texas weather. You guys are so lucky!!!! However I have never been here mid-summer and I hear that it can be unbearable.

Have a great week everyone!
Charlene
Reply With Quote Likes