Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-07-2007, 06:00 PM   #1  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow SBDC39 April 6 (7), 2007

SBDC39 April 6, 2007
This week is the final week of the Diva Challenges...the ladies have really put out some of their very best work. WE have 5!!! Yes, I said five scrappers/scrampers that participated and let me tell ya ladies they all ROCK!
Let me introduce you to the Crafty Creative Croppers:
  • elliesmom: Jennie (SBDC39J)
  • fivekids7: Angela (SBDC39A)
  • cricketts: Christie (SBDC39C)
  • refinnej: Jen (SBDC39J2)
  • freezeframe2869: Tara (SBDC39T)

Enjoy all their creativity at its finest. I really challenged these gals and they came through with amazing results...ENJOY!
If you would like to use any of their ideas or as inspiration just use the code SBDC39 and the letter of their first name (see above after their name).

A special THANKS to all the DIVALICIOUS SCRAMPERS that participated in the DIVA challenges over the past 3 weeks. You have all went above and beyond what I challenged you to do...YOU GO GIRLS!
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley

Last edited by stampin-sunnychick; 04-07-2007 at 07:45 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:00 PM   #2  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Talking elliesmom: Jennie

You will be making a double-page layout and a card using the scraps from your pages.

You will be provided with a sketch. You must use the sketch but you are free to adjust it to fit your needs. Try to keep the basics visible even if there is a need to switch it up a bit. You will be completing a double-page layout using the sketch. Just flip the sketch for the second page, feel free to be more liberal with the changes to the second page. If you prefer you can make two-single page layouts.

Your Assignment is:

All about color - your page should scream fun and fiesty, simply stunning. Focus on your photos and the theme of your page (fun, girly). You should create some really fabulous embellishments that jump off the page- use whatever products you need to achieve this look but don't get to pricey. Please share idea starters and tips for using scraps.
NO earth tones, creams, vanilla, or neautral colors please.

Here are the links to Jennie's pages:

carefree TY

proof

and here are the links to her cards:

card #1

card #2

Jennie's Notes:

This challenge was so much fun. I had a great time picking and mixing colors. At first, I really tried to follow the sketch and the challenge guidelines, but the layouts didn't really come together until I loosened up and just went for it.
I chose to scrap pictures that already had bright colors in them. All I needed to do was to pull those colors out and match papers and paints. The embellishments were the most exciting parts - I stopped trying to follow the rule of threes and just played with the balance and what appealed to my eye. I think the rules of design are a great starting point for scrapping, but I am just not good at following a bunch of rules - LOL.
On both layouts, I made sure that my focus kept going to the pictures, even with all of the fun stuff going on. I love how they turned out. Thanks, Tracy, for the challenge and inspiration.

A couple of tips:
I recently found a set of Li'l Davis foam nuggets and an applicator (like a big tweezer) that is great for painting on chipboard and paper. I use these all the time now in replacement of my daubers and sponges.

The clear plastic packaging that holds big flowers and other embellishments are perfect to use as paint trays. Take a second look at those wrappers before throwing them away ;)

I used different adhesives to help give my layouts some dimension. Double-sided tape for the photos to lay flat; SU Dimensionals to give just a little umph to the paper embellishments; and SU Pop-up Glue Dots to give the chipboard, flowers and letters a real lift.

The "Proof" layout gives the impression that it is oversized by the scalloped paper and embellishments hanging off the sides, but that's just an illusion. I kept everything within a 12x12 grid as I worked so that it will easily fit into my album. So, if you start with a smaller base, you have more freedom to play with doo-dads and add-ons. Try it!

For the cards: I used scraps from the layouts and added a punch of flowers to each. I love using scrapping rub-ons for sentiments when I am short on time. And don't worry about squishing flowers when you cram the cards into envelopes, they almost always bounce back

Tracy H. #31511=)

Last edited by stampin-sunnychick; 04-07-2007 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: adding info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #3  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Smile fivekids7: Angela

You will be making a card and a double-page layout.

Your challenge is to make a photo card that a nonscrapper could easily add to a scrapbook page with many other photos. Please design a card using a sketch of your own design. Then make a scrapbook page that you can incorporate the card onto. You will need to provide a sketch for both the card and the scrapbook page(s). You should use at least 4 to 5 (or more) photos on a double-page layout.

FYI: I did send you a few sketches for ideas and inspiration but you do not have to use them since you are creating your own. Just thought I would give you a little something to help get you started in case you needed it.

the Details...Your page and card should scream fun and fiesty, simply stunning. Focus on your photos and the theme of your page (whatever you choose). You should create a few really fabulous embellishments that jump off the page- use whatever products you need to achieve this look but don't get too pricey. Of course your main piece for your page will be the photo card your created first. Please share idea starters and tips for incorporating cards onto your pages.

I encourage you to step out of your comfort zone and try something new while completing this assignment/challenge. Be as creative as you wish.

Everything on your pages should be balanced and pleasing to the eye: arrangement, title, journaling, photos. Use the rule of three if you wish.

Here is a link to Angela's SB Page:

fivekids7 SB page

Here is a link to Angela's card:

her card

Angela's Note:

My Card,
I first created a picture card of my little girls first trip to the beach. I wanted to incorporate stamping into my pages. I embossed the shells from Crab and Company with Whisper White embossing powder and added a tag and sticker. I also added some ribbon on the side panel to add some extra interest to the card.

My Double Layout: (Incorporating my Picture Card into my Layout):
Using my picture card, I chose the colors and theme for my page. As my picture card was a beach based card I wanted to also do my layout using a beach theme. First I wanted to also incorporate stamping into my page, so I chose to use Beautiful Beach as the stamp set for these pages. I used one of the stamps to create the look of sand and shells, and tore some cork paper for the sand effect at the bottom. I added torn Cool Caribbean paper to get a water effect. I used chalk and blender pens on my shells and cut them out to use them for embellishements. I attached my card on a 6x6 panel of Basic Gray paper, and covered some chipboard with BG paper to make a clasp for my Twill ribbon. Next I attached my card. I added ribbon pieces along the side to add extra depth and interest to the card. I also made a tag to go inside the card on the side, using the card as a pocket for it. I also covered chipboard for the frame around the picture. I used cork paper for the bg on one paper and pink and brown paper for the bg for the other two pictures. I used some beach stickers for embellishments, and added some brads also. I did my journaling in white gel pen, and added some white gel pen along the base of the "water" to add some extra color.
Tracy H. #31511=)

Last edited by stampin-sunnychick; 04-07-2007 at 06:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #4  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Wink cricketts: Christie

You will be making a card and a double-page layout.

Your challenge is to make a photo card that a nonscrapper could easily add to a scrapbook page with many other photos. Please design a card using a sketch of your own design. Then make a scrapbook page that you can incorporate the card onto. You will need to provide a sketch for both the card and the scrapbook page(s). You should use at least 4 to 5 (or more) photos on a double-page layout.

FYI: I did send you a few sketches for ideas and inspiration but you do not have to use them since you are creating your own. Just thought I would give you a little something to help get you started in case you needed it.

All about color - your page and card should scream fun and fiesty, simply stunning. Focus on your photos and the theme of your page (whatever you choose). You should create a few really fabulous embellishments that jump off the page- use whatever products you need to achieve this look but don't get too pricey. Of course your main piece for your page will be the photo card your created first. Please share idea starters and tips for incorporating cards onto your pages.

Christie's Scrapbook pages:Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Christie's Cards:

Card #1

Card #2

A note from Christie:

Hi Ladies! My name is Christie Ricketts and I have been scrapbooking for about 8 years. I love to preserve our family photos and document our lives through the art of scrapbooking. I am also addicted to stamping. I love it
all! I hope you enjoy the projects I created from the challenge given to me.

I was asked to create a photo card. This was a great challenge for me to complete because I am also a photographer. In this card I chose to use a true 4x6 photo. I used a sheet of 8.5x11 cs and folded it in half for the card. I cut out a rectangle on the front of the card to reveal the photo inside. The cut out is distressed and inked with a sponge. I used the Doodle This stamp set from SU! on this card. I also watercolored the images inside.

The second part of my challenge was to use this card on a dps. I chose to use all true size 4x6 photos. I didn't want to crop them at all.

I made a few embellishments for the page. The bottom left corner is an image from Doodle This (SU!) stamped in white pigment ink. Small clear rhinestones
are added to emphasize the embellishment. Journaling is done on small strips of cs, ink is sponged on the edges, and small rhinestones used as bullet points.

To create a unique border around the photos on the 2nd page, I used the 1 1/4" square punch. Turquoise brads were placed in one corner of each square. The squares were then placed with the brad pointing outward. Pink rick rack was used to finish off the edges of the cardstock.

The flower in the top right corner was created by stamping the image on a piece of white chipboard. (If you don't have white chipboard, you can paint a piece white before stamping) Using a blender pen, I watercolored the
flower. Clear and pink rhinestones were added to make the flower have a little bling. Another Doodle This stamp inked in white was used under the flower.

Cardstock used: Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Polka Dots & Paisley Patterned Paper all from SU!, Olive green CS from Bazzill.

Tracy H. #31511=)

Last edited by stampin-sunnychick; 04-07-2007 at 07:09 PM.. Reason: adding all the good stuff
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #5  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Default refinnej: Jen

All about color - your page and card should scream fun and fiesty, simply stunning. Focus on your photos and the theme of your page (whatever you choose). You should create a few really fabulous embellishments that jump off the page- use whatever products you need to achieve this look but don't get too pricey. Of course your main piece for your page will be the photo card your created first. Please share idea starters and tips for incorporating cards onto your pages.

Jen's Pages:

Page 1

Page 2

Jen's card is on Page 2 of her SB pages.

Jen's Materials List:
Paper- SU Chocolate Chip, SU Pretty in Pink, SU Whisper White, SU Certainly Celery, Rusty Pickle Laurie's Easter Tights, Rusty Pickle A Tisket A Tasket, Rusty Pickle Speckled Egg

Ink- SU Basic Black

Markers- SU Pretty in Pink

Embellishments- Making Memories Tag Makers, SU Hodge Podge Hardware, SU Celery Organdy Ribbon, SU Certainly Celery Brads, Liquid Applique

As for comments I really like how the patterned paper makes the page pop. In making a page that showcases a card I think the patterned paper really connects the two items together. It is important to coordinate the page with the card.
Tracy H. #31511=)

Last edited by stampin-sunnychick; 04-07-2007 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: fabulous additions
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:01 PM   #6  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Red face freezeframe2869:Tara

Tara's challenge was the same as Jennie's (elliesmom). Please see post # 3 for the details.

Here is the link to Tara's DPS:

Sunshine Smiles Laughter...

Tara will share a card later.

A note from Tara:
My name is Tara, married 20 years this April, 3 kids, and have been scrapping for 30 years. When I spent the summer at my grandmother's home, she taught me to scrapbook. I inherited her and my great grandmother's scrapbooks.
For the challenge I went with spring like colors. Girly-I included pictures of me and my daughter about 13 years ago.
I do not use ribbon very often, or mulitples of anything. So, on my layout you can see, ribbons used as stem of flowers. I also included lots of flowers at the top of layout. Stamped images, cut out images, prima flowers and 2 large hand cut flowers with button centers.

Tara

P.s. if you like the paper, i can give you the address to my new website, and you can check out our new april kit. This is our first monthly kit!! I am so excited. We have 2 kits, and a holiday (EASTER Bag Book) kit.
Tracy H. #31511=)

Last edited by stampin-sunnychick; 04-07-2007 at 07:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #7  
Preggo Brain

Location: Trying to spend as much time as possible watching Xander and Xavier grow and learn!

WAITING!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:13 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

WAITING!

The Paper Gourmet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:15 PM   #9  
Preggo Brain

Location: Trying to spend as much time as possible watching Xander and Xavier grow and learn!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fivekids7
WAITING!
heheh! glad I not the only one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:21 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Trying to stalk and get things ready for bed at the same time.

The Paper Gourmet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:22 PM   #11  
Preggo Brain

Quote:

Trying to stalk and get things ready for bed at the same time.
she is REALLY drawing this out isn't she?!?!:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:22 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

HORRIBLY!

The Paper Gourmet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #13  
Preggo Brain

Quote:

HORRIBLY!
we should really talk to her about this...;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #14  
Bunny's SunnyChick

not on purpose...really...but it takes a bit to upload...copy and paste...upload....copy and paste...blah...blah...blah...you get the picure...but it is so worth the wait...Hey go check out my blog if ya need something to do. lol
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

TRACY< Where are you?

The Paper Gourmet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:26 PM   #16  
Preggo Brain

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin-sunnychick
not on purpose...really...but it takes a bit to upload...copy and paste...upload....copy and paste...blah...blah...blah...you get the picure...but it is so worth the wait...Hey go check out my blog if ya need something to do. lol
oh we are multitasking!!! hehehe! I am working on my vsbn samples! hahaha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:28 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by arhawg
oh we are multitasking!!! hehehe! I am working on my vsbn samples! hahaha!
And I am getting ready for Easter with company tomorrow.

The Paper Gourmet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #18  
Preggo Brain

Quote:

And I am getting ready for Easter with company tomorrow.
see tracy we are working!!! just need to know the divas for the week! hahaha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #19  
Preggo Brain

oh and we like buggin ya! hahha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:30 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

oh and we like buggin ya! hahha!
That's part of the fun, HE HE!

The Paper Gourmet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:33 PM   #21  
Preggo Brain

Quote:

That's part of the fun, HE HE!
only part?!?! I thought it was ALL the fun! ahhaha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:34 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

heheh! glad I not the only one!
I've been waiting, but SCS is being funky.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

only part?!?! I thought it was ALL the fun! ahhaha!
HE HE!

The Paper Gourmet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #24  
Preggo Brain

Quote:

Originally Posted by mholles
i haven't had any trouble!:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Hello,

The Paper Gourmet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:47 PM   #26  
Preggo Brain

still waiting... about time to start my bathwater
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:49 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

still waiting... about time to start my bathwater
Same here, it is almost 11:oo and I need to get to bed so I can function tomorrow.

The Paper Gourmet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:50 PM   #28  
Bunny's SunnyChick

Oh sugah! One of my uploads is no where to be found...YIKES...this is never going to end. SORRY ladies.
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:51 PM   #29  
Bunny's SunnyChick

unfortunately it has decided to be wonky at an unfortunate time. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:52 PM   #30  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Oh sugah! One of my uploads is no where to be found...YIKES...this is never going to end. SORRY ladies.
Poor thing, hope it irons out soon!

The Paper Gourmet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:55 PM   #31  
Preggo Brain

Quote:

hahaha! well we will continue to entertain ourselves. might have to take the puter to the tub again though
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 06:57 PM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

hahaha! well we will continue to entertain ourselves. might have to take the puter to the tub again though
Now that I can't do, but I sure will check in after the shower. I can't wait to see the rest of them. :-P

The Paper Gourmet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 07:31 PM   #33  
Preggo Brain

well lookie there! some are posted! hehehe!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 07:34 PM   #34  
Bunny's SunnyChick

LOOK again sistah...THEY ARE ALL POSTED!

Lova ya girl! Thanks for your patience ladies...:rolleyes: ;) :p
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #35  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Thank you! This was fun!

The Paper Gourmet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 07:44 PM   #36  
Preggo Brain

Quote:

anytime chicka dee!!! plus it is was upping my post number! hahah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 07:44 PM   #37  
Preggo Brain

Quote:

Thank you! This was fun!
hehehe

I had fun waiting with ya! night!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 07:46 PM   #38  
Bunny's SunnyChick

They really did a wonderful job didn't they girls? I think so...
Tracy H. #31511=)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2007, 08:04 PM   #39  
Preggo Brain

Quote:

They really did a wonderful job didn't they girls? I think so...
yep!!! maybe after I get my vsbn page samples done i can work on others! hehehe!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-08-2007, 06:25 AM   #40  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew Alumni

Happy Easter, everybody!

Thanks for letting me be a part of this awesome challenge, Tracy!! I had a blast, and it really was a challenge

It's nice to meet the other ladies through their challenges, too. You all did an amazing job - I'm glad I didn't have Angela, Christie, and Jen's challenge!! That looks the most difficult. I do plan to give it a try, though ;)

and they all lived scrappily ever after - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes