Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-17-2004, 03:52 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AGAIN with the paper...

OK, I just got done putting together the wire cube thingies from Target. Geez, I do good work....I AM impressed! Before, I was keeping the paper in file folders all within their color family.

Do any of you store paper by color and NOT color family? I mean, all the pinks togethers, blues, etc...? Thought I'd get an opinion or two BEFORE I put all the paper in.

Thanks,
Betsy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 03:54 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts
Default paper storage

I store my unused sheets by color and my scraps by color family!
Old 08-17-2004, 04:22 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

I store my paper by color except for collections (SEI, KI Memories, etc). I keep those separate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 04:24 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am a first born control freak...it would terrify me not to keep everyone in their SU color family!
But... a rainbow would be pretty!
Teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 04:41 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I keep my full sheets in color families and my scraps by color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 04:55 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

I recently bought a literature sorter it has 72 slots (no it really isn't anything superbly wonderful it was a little bit of a disapointment when I finally got it, but it does what I want it to) Now I have a slot for each color labeled them alphabetically and the families alphabeticallly also. The other slots have the US white /vanilla Then the craft and brushed metallics are mixed together. Then there are slots that I made sure I had room for sorting the "contraband" those are just by color the general red/blue/pink/green yellow. Then I left three slots one for each child so that when they get home they can slip any school papers that I would want to save and file later they can put them in there.

Oh and scraps are in the CM file thingy's filed generically red/blue/ yellow green. Kinda fun digging through that to see if there is any ballet blue already cut and if it is the size needed just to find there is none! Then cut however many pieces needed only to change mind 1/2 way through a project! So the scraps are busting out all over!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 05:28 PM   #7  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I store all mine by color group. It is easier to find I think because then don't have to look for the "right" color when all are together. My DH says my stampin stuff is more organized than my house.. rofl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 05:30 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Furph's wife, is this a Target find? Walmart? Sam's? I hate to ask you to measure it, but is it wall mounting? or a large tabletop? I'm still looking for something that will fit my cramped quarters.

Thanks,
~J.
~Jan #6240

"If you have not often felt the joy of doing a kind act, you have neglected much and most of all yourself." A. Neilen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 06:51 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I store my paper by color family, but not just because I'm also a firstborn terminal perfectionist -- it makes it a lot easier to distinguish between the similar shades of pink, purple and blue at a glance since I know which ones are in each family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 07:10 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

I started out in color families but it just interupted the creative flow to remember which color was in what family. Now in one file drawer I have the 48 colors by alpha in their own folder and in another drawer all of the other papers.
Works for me....
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 07:38 PM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Oh my, you are all way out of my league. I sort my cardstock by color family, but my SCRAPS? No way. I sort those by.....well, I just shove them in a box.

And does having four in/out trays really count as sorting? I have one tray for EE, one for SS...you get the picture.

My system is put it where it fits. On days when I am stamping while the baby is napping, and she has woken up and is trying to play with MY toys, my system becomes the "shove it in the cabinet as quick as I can and lock it" system. There is no sorting in this system.

Sonya
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2004, 08:16 AM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by granijani
Furph's wife, is this a Target find? Walmart? Sam's? I hate to ask you to measure it, but is it wall mounting? or a large tabletop? I'm still looking for something that will fit my cramped quarters.

Thanks,
~J.
No actually I got it through Office Depot! We had a coupon and my B-I-L's employee discount. However I looked online for it. I thought it was going to be all wood or something and when I got it and had to put it together the inserts were cardboard like, but once they are all in place and in their slots it works. It works great for me and in the spot I have it. I only had a space in a small corner that is by two doorways. I like it it works.
Ok let me go and measure it for you.....

Ok it is 69" tall (taller than me! hehe) it is 29" wide and 12" deep. If I could figure out how to take a picture and then get it off the card onto the computer than I could figure out how to post it, but I haven't yet mastered the digital camera (I can take the picture just can't get it to the computer! I just learned how to scan and find that! I know pathetic, but it is tooo technical for me!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2004, 10:29 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

I to am a neat freak and love to organize. I debated several ways to file my paper, color groups, like colors etc. I finailly came up with putting my paper in file folders. The tabs are the color of the paper in that particular folder. On the tab I have the color name, the reorder number and the color family IE Mellow Moss-SS ##### Then I alphabitize them. Only because sometimes I am not mentally right and can't remmber the color family. Getting the Alphabet can be hard enough. I then have them in portable hanging file containers. This works for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2004, 11:13 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Default organizing paper

I FINALLY love how I have my paper (after many tries!!).

I have a hanging file folder tub and have one for US White, one for confetti white, one for vellum (etc.) and then one for 2 colors of CS. I store by color family, because I like to, but the thing that I love BEST about my system is that the scraps are with the whole sheets. In one hanging file folder I have: (in this order)

scraps of close to cocoa/whole sheets of close to cocoa/whole sheets of garden green/scraps of garden green

does this make sense?? I don't have to go two places looking for one color. If there's a scrap that's the right size, it's going to be right there. If not, my hand moves over and grabs a whole sheet. The scraps are on the outsides of the whole sheets. It is SO nice. I used to put my scraps into one folder but I never wanted to look through it to use them, I'd just cut a whole one up. Now it's so much easier to actually USE those scraps. And I do constantly. I'm not building up a storage of scraps I'll never use.

hth!

Smiles,
Christy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2004, 10:25 PM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Default Paper sorting

Well, I do feel like a slob. I keep all my paper in three drawers, in the order that I received them from SU! Very organized!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2004, 12:28 AM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

I have a tall 4 drawer file cabinet I have hanging files and I keep all papers in order according to the catalog by color family. In each file I have the first manilla folder filled with the scraps from that color, then in the next folder I have the full size sheet of the color. Of course I have them all tabbed with different colors so I can see in a glance. A little extreme, but at least I know where everything is.
Reply With Quote Likes