View Single Post
Old 04-24-2005, 05:48 PM   #11
allee's
Proud Fan Club Member

Buttercup,

In addition to the cards that we swap, I also prep materials for each member to made 4 copies of 5 or 6 additional cards. Each member then goes home with their 6 swap cards and 20-24 cards they make at the session. It takes a lot of prep time on my part, but I am retired and living in a new town so filling my time sharing my passion for stamping with others is a labor of love. I truly do enjoy seeing the other stampers learn and grow in their skills.

I try to use stamp sets that 3 or more people in the group own. I then scroll through the galleries here looking for ways to incorporate their stamps with new techniques. I have a real advantage in having my sister who is a demonstrator attend our club as well to share materials and expertise.

As a starting point, look for simple versatile sets two or three of you may have (like Stippled Stencils, Elegant Ornaments, or Mostly Flowers).
Type in the set name in the gallery, click on the first card, and turn on the slideshow. Look for striking color combinations and interesting layouts. Pick cards which add a new technique each month.

At our next meeting we will be using Versamark resist and braying on one of our cards and bleach with braying on another.

SCS is a remarkable resource. I have learned so much here thanks to all the incredibly talented members who so willingly and generously share their time and art.

Best of luck with your stampers!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!