Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-17-2004, 06:05 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Beate
Default First school day

Hi there,

I am sitting in an empty house. I thought I would be so happy when all the kids were going to school. My baby started kindergarten this year....all three are gone. They were all excited going back to school and I was too. More time to stamp, right? Well .... this morning I got really sad getting Rebecca ready. She was so happy and excited and I had a hard time smiling for her. They are all in school now....only the washing machine is making noice....and I am missing them.
I will have to keep myself really busy those first few days until I will get used to this.

Off to clean the house.

my gallery - my blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 06:08 AM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh Beate, I went through the same thing last Thursday. It been a week so far and let me say it get's better. Hang in there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 06:10 AM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

I forgot to add that you'll have extra time to get things done. You don't have to take breaks for snacks, making lunches, breaking up fights, you know the stuff we spend most of the day doing while the children are at home!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 06:16 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Beate: I feel for you. My last one is now in grade 4. But like Jovi said more time for other things.
Quote:

You don't have to take breaks for snacks, making lunches,
AND sticking to a diet IS much easier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 06:31 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was a bit verklempt when I took Chandler to school! He had his breakfast there, then we were off to his first grade classroom. He was so excited to be there, and handed her the card (In full bloom in gable green & tempting turqoise - his choices) and the decorated-to-match mini-gable box filled with candy that he'd worked so hard on. She gushed appropriately, and he was beaming. I am so excited that he's READY, and loves school. I nearly skipped out of the school, I was so proud.

Next year, when Adri starts kinder will be a different story though. My baby! I can only imagine what you're going through right now, Beate. . . .but just think! More time to stamp! Love ya, girlfriend, and can't wait to see what you do today!

Since I work FT outside the home, I am thrilled at the back-to-school thing - my daycare rates go down!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 06:34 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Beate,

I'll be thinking about you today. I heard when my youngest went off to school that the last one is a hundred times harder to deal with than when the first goes. You know it's your last one and you want to hold onto that little one with both hands.

She'll be fine and will chatter up a storm when she gets home. And then you'll realize how truly blessed you are to have them in your life. Absence truly does make the heart grow fonder.

Get some stamping done after the housework if you can. Keep your chin up & here's hoping you have a great day!
Donna

"The value of persistent prayer is not that he will hear us...but that we will finally hear him." William McGill
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 06:41 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Team Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

You guys are too sweet. Upstairs is almost done. I think I leave the downstairs for tomorrow (don't like cleaning too much) and start working on hostess packages and more set sampler.

Thanks for all your kind words.
Big cyber hug.

my gallery - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 06:53 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Default will be thinking about you today!!

I know its hard being all alone!!! Take some time for yourself..and STAMP!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 06:56 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Beate,

I will get to feel like that next week, when Jason goes back ( 1st grade) and Brendan of to Pre-school. Hope you are ok, I wish I could come over and we could stamp until your kids come home from school, why do you have to live all the way down in TEXAS? Well I hope you are almost dome cleaning so you can start stamping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Viel Spass

Bis spaeter
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 07:00 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Jenn,

I noticed some german words there in your post, hanging out with Beate alot?????? Very Good!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 07:09 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

I knew verklempt from Mike Myers doing Linda Richman/Coffee Talk on SNL - years before I picked up Beate on Stampin' Discuss! It wasn't till Beate & I started talking more that I found out it *was* a real word, and a German one to boot! But she gave me this cool book of German words, and I try to work them into conversation. . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 07:29 AM   #12  
SOS
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Backa to school

Oh Beate,

Please come to my house! We were on vacation last week in beautiful Gulf Shores! Had a house right on the ocean with a swimming pool. Thankfully avoided the wrath of Bonnie and Charley and left the beach on Saturday morning. We drove straight through to KY and got home at midnight on Saturday night. We were worn out on Sunday and got a little done but not enough. My hubby took Monday off as we had our hard wood floors refinished when we were gone and had to take everything off the walls in the foyer, powder room, breakfast room and kitchen. Take everything out of the pantry and the hall closet and off the countertops in the kitchen. It took an entire day to put all that back together.

I say all that to say our 8 year old went back to school yesterday as a 3rd grader and our 3 year old was so upset that she didn't get to go with him that she has decided she doesn't want to be potted trained anymore. She brought me a diaper and said if she can't go on Bubba's bus then she doesn't want her panties.

Let me tell you, today I'd like to send her and her almost 2 year old sister both on the bus with Bubba (Tristin)! As much as I love being a Mama, today I'm exhausted from too much Olympics too late last night and I'm wishing I was home alone with the energy to clean my house!

So please Beate, come on over!!!!!!

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/SOS
Making Memories One Stamp At A Time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 07:38 AM   #13  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbalcer

Since I work FT outside the home, I am thrilled at the back-to-school thing - my daycare rates go down!
My older child will start 1st grade next Wednesday (sob) and with her in school, my daycare rate is actually going up!
We had to switch daycares, because the one we are at doesn't take school aged kids, kindergarten is her cutoff. And our new one is much more expensive!
Although, after hearing what some people pay in other parts of the country, I feel very fortunate to pay only $625 a month for 2 kids.

I can't believe that I have a school age child! I never really thought it would ever happen!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 07:42 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Wow, school starts early for all of you. My son who will be a junior in high school does not start school until Sept. 7th.

I can remember those younger days, I was so sad when summer was over and the house was so quiet. The first few weeks are hard, but after that...it is so nice to have "quiet time" to get things done and of course to stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 07:45 AM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh Beate, my youngest is not quite 3 and just thinking of him in Kg is making my eyes well up! I will keep good thoughts for you. I hear it does get easier, but the whole thought of not having a 'baby' in the house is so bittersweet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 07:50 AM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

My kids start next Monday. Youngest starting 4th and older son in 8th.
They are growing too fast!! I am happy they go back because they house is in chaos with all home all day, but sad how fast time is passing too!!!

Next year high school!! Oh My!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 08:45 AM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ladies! We have to install some self-preservation tactics here! If we don't, no one else will - esp. DH because all he heard was how hard it is to be a short order cook, referee, & entertainer of yours plus the neighborhood all summer!

Whatcha gotta do is PLAN this big KG Day: Put some tissues in your pocketbook, call a good friend who is going through the same thing or one sweet enough to listen a little, & FUN enough to take your mind off it after just a wee bit of fussing ... & go to brunch! Heck! You deserve this! You just got another human being civilized enough to send off to be educated! Congratulations! I think I even caught an early chic flick w/ my gal pal when my 3rd went to KG last yr.

Nix the housecleaning tomarrow, Beate, & go have lunch w/ a friend, like normal adults w/o babes do ALL the time! It will take you awhile to get used to this liberty-out-of-the-house/box thinking, but you'll catch on QUICK! & don't forget to thank God for how you're drinking out of the saucer, because your cup is over flowing w/ blessings = your baby CAN go to school!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 08:49 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by juddaca Heater
Beate, & go have lunch w/ a friend, like normal adults w/o babes do ALL the time!
Here that, my friend? You need to meet me somewhere for lunch! I'm hungry already.........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 09:10 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

I understand completely, my baby will start kindergarten in 2 weeks, and I'm already teary-eyed. I was just starting to get teary when my #3 son was getting ready for kindergarten 6 years ago when *SURPRISE* I learned I was pregnant with my daughter, so I had the "last baby to go school blues" postponed by 6 years! I can say with some certainty that that sort of postponement will not happen again this time!!
And there's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'. Go figure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 09:29 AM   #20  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hopefully everyone saw the great bBUS card on the site last night for all the new kindergarten "empty nesters"! If you are missing your kids and wanting to do something for them, go make a big batch of chocolate chip cokies to surprise them with so you can snack together when they get home and hear all about their exciting day!

(No one will know but us that you are most of them before they got there...)
Please visit my blog "Hands, Head, and Heart" at:
http://melaniemuenchinger.blogspot.com/
Check out my Youtube channel for stamping and cardmaking videos:
https://www.youtube.com/user/MelanieMuenchinger/videos
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 09:54 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts
Default school time blues

Oh my, my oldest daughter goes to Kindg. Sept 1st. I'm dreading the quiet house. My 15 mo. old makes plenty of noise but thw two of them really kept things lively! We're going to be lost. But I am looking forward to a little more stamping time! Hope that will keep the blue away to some degree.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:20 AM   #22  
Glitter Queen

My son entered 2nd grade today. Broke my heart because he said he was a big boy and did not need me to walk him in. I guess he is going to get more independent from here on out. No matter how big he is I said to him that he'll always be my baby. I walked into school with him anyways. I stayed over to the side so that I would not embarrass him too much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 10:34 AM   #23  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Well school starts very early for you all. Ours starts on the 1st of Sept. I can't wait.... I know the house is so quiet but I do have daycare yet. Mine was in Kindergarten last year so got that all 3 gone all day thing out of the way last year, now I have 1 that I have in daycare going every day, and one that goes 2 full days a week. People gonna think I am crazy when there will be 5 kids waiting to get on the bus :lol: Oh well, still got my niece and nephew, niece only almost 2 and nephew is 3. If you still get bored Beate come clean my house.. I don't have an upstairs so will be quicker. hehehehee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 12:33 PM   #24  
Kookie Creator

Default Here...take MINE!!!

Beate:
I don't mean this in any way to diminish your feelings...
But I just have to offer...
if you really want some kids around, I can send you MINE!! :lol:
They are SOOOO bored, that if they aren't torturing each other, they're torturing me! And they dont' hit school until 9/1.
I know the last one to hit kindergarten can be big...hang in there, here's a hug ( and I CAN send you mine!! They give GREAT hugs!!)
Becky G
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 12:36 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great to finally see you Becky!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 12:57 PM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Re: First school day

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beate
My baby started kindergarten this year.

Beate --- My oldest starts Kindergarten this year and I don't have the sniffles yet!!! I have been so excited for her and also thinking of all the time I would have (I will still have a 2 year old here though). But, now you have me wondering if the sniffles will next week when she starts her 1st day. See what you started!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 01:43 PM   #27  
Stampin' Fool

My "babies" are 10 and 6. My ds is going into 5th grade, getting to that "Duck Mom so no one sees you" stage and my 6yr old is going into 1st. I am so spoiled having both gone all day. I know it will be kinda wierd for the first day or two but then I can relish the silence, the clean house that stays that way ALL DAY! I wanted to cry last yr but just as a tear fell down my cheek my dd looks at me and says "Momma, stop crying, I'll be back this afternoon to play with you!" I almost bawled! lol

Hopefully, I will get a job soon and that will take some of the boredom out of my day as most of my friends up here work either full time or pt.

Schools up here start on the 25th. Only one more week of vacation left!
Member #3785
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 02:33 PM   #28  
Kookie Creator

My daughter will be a sophomore and my son an 8th grader. They start back this Thursday and Friday and I'm already missing them! I have been lucky enough to be home all day for them as I run a day care and I do so enjoy being with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 03:11 PM   #29  
Mad Swapper

What a coincidence! I received a call from the boys' Preschool teacher today reminding me they go back on the 30th, and the best part is they are both in the morning class this year! Last year Ethan was in the morning class and Zach was afternoon. They both rode the bus, so there were times when there would be two buses lined up in front of our house! If I did get a break from the two boys, it was only for about 5-10 minutes.
Now, this year I will have the entire house to myself for about 3 1/2-4 hours! I am really looking forward to it after being a SAHM for over 3 years. I can really use this time to clean, stamp, do homework, stamp, be lazy, stamp, and stamp. And if I still have some time left, I just may spend it stamping!
Beate, everyone else is right, it does get easier. It sure did for me last year. I just kept reminding myself the boys' really needed to go (speech therapy) and it will do us all some good. What you may want to do today or tommorrow is make room for all the arts and crafts the kids bring home everyday!
Good luck and hang in there, girl!

Janice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 04:02 PM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

Beate...I feel for you...I only have one baby and he's going into 4th grade this year. He will no longer be grouped in with the K-3rd kids anymore...h'es going to be in the 4-8th grade group! He gets a locker this year too! ...and he has a 'girlfriend' that he's been e-mailing since last November :oops:

I was happy when he started school (no more expensive daycare!), but when your baby starts school they seem so grown up!

I can't believe how many schools are starting already. Around by me no one starts until 9-1!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2004, 04:21 PM   #31  
Stazon Splitcoast

Dear Ladies,
God bless you all and I feel for you but...Oh I am jealous!
A quiet...empty...clean house! Oh! How I long for the day!

Us homeschooling Moms have to wait for the kids to get married till we get teary and sad! My heart is with you, but I am looking at 11 years till my "baby" is done high school! Eleven years ago, I started by teaching 12th grade and 1st grade. This year I am doing 11th and 1st again. "Little Mr. Surprise" is now 6 years old so we are back to the beginning!
I am loving everything that God has put on my plate...but at 50, I don't move as gracefully as I used to! Twisted my ankle running after a tricycle my grandaughter was riding today!
Off to start the "car wash"...bath time for 3!
Teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2004, 08:27 AM   #32  
Die Cut Diva

Beate,
How did your daughter's first day go? Did she love her teacher?
Member #1237
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes