View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 09:42 PM   #72
Rabid-Wulf
Glitter Queen

Default "Work of Art"

I'm like you! My cards are a work of art- and I know what people do with their cards (They do NOT hang them on their walls!!!).

I recently made my husband a birthday card and I couldn't even sign it because that would mean it would be his - and I still wanted to keep it.
I just stamped "Happy Birthday" and left it at that. It said hand stamped by Heather on back so he knows who it's from!

Thank you for making me smile! I once felt this way too... that is until I was invited to tour a multi-million dollar home... recently sold by a Real Estate Broker and friend. My dear friend had used one of MY cards as a "thank you" to her client (the new owner). There... just inside the front door... upon the foyer wall... hung my card!!!

The owner had taken my card, and had it professionally framed... then placed it upon her wall... for EVERYONE to enjoy. Not only was I surprised... beyond words... but now I hold a much greater pleasure in giving to others my "works of art". It doesn't matter if I never, ever see another of my cards framed or in a place of show... just one has helped me realize that my work truly is appreciated. It is the GIVING that matters most... and the smile that it brings to another... even if it be but for a moment.

Until we share our special talents... and our 'gifts' from above... can we truly call our creations "Art"?

Sharing with Love...

Lyn

Last edited by Rabid-Wulf; 04-22-2005 at 09:46 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!