Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-21-2007, 09:27 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What is the deal with bulk o-wires for Bind It All?

Hey ladies,
Have any of you bought bulk o-ring wires for the Bind-it-All? Maybe from Bonnie's website?

The reason I ask is I was browsing Zutter's website and found a page where they say that the o-rings bought in bulk aren't as "good" as the ones from Zutter. That the Zutter ones are 12" long and are made to work specifically in the Bind-it-All. :confused: This is the link to the page I'm talking about. So is this just a marketing ploy or is it really true?

So my question is, did you buy in bulk and are you having any problems using those wires with your Bind-it-All?

I find the price of Zutter's wires to be too pricey and would like an option but I'm not willing to sacrifice quality - I could wait until Zutter starts selling in bulk as they said they will be doing soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2007, 01:48 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

personally I think all three reason not to buy in bulk are good reasons. Most O wires come in 2:1 (two holes per one inch) and fit a max of 21 holes. Zutter's do have 24 hole capability. I am seriously looking at buying bulk. The 25 percent waste doesn't bother me. I can always use the smaller pieces for smaller books. The wire gauge is another concern. I would want strong wire, so if the bulk wire is a lot thinner than I would not want it. And I am sure that I can figure out a way to store the wire without it getting tangled.
JMO.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2007, 02:50 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I bought 1/2" white wires from Bonnie and I *love* them. Mine were packed very carefully--no problems at all with them "marrying." I do not have a Zutter wire, so I can't compare gauge. I am very happy, and will be ordering more soon! Bonnie is a SCS member and has been around quite a while. No worries about her reliability. She is great to communicate with, as well.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2007, 02:55 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I wanted to add that my 1/2" wires, which I was afraid would be too small for me, hold a *lot*!

I uploaded this journal I made last night. I used medium weight coasters for covers plus 20 Whisper White CS pages. I was surprised how much I could get in there and still have the fit I wanted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2007, 05:20 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Hmm things to think about! Amy, your book looks great! Have you had any trouble with the "Oval" thing that Zutter talks about on their website? Your rings look good to me in the picture..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2007, 05:53 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

No, no "ovaling" at all. Is that a word? LOL And my wires were packaged on cardboard separators and in careful layers. I'm sure there are unscrupulous vendors out there--but Bonnie's stuff is top notch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2007, 10:38 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Cool, I may just have to order! I need to decide what colors and sizes I want.
Reply With Quote Likes