Thread: Cuttlebug FAQ
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 12:34 PM   #107
Stazon Splitcoast
amysings's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SW Idaho
Posts: 12,689

Originally Posted by IMGKV
Hello eveyone, I just got my cuddlebug today! yeah!!! I was looking at using my fiskars texture plates and I got very confused. It says to use a tan wizard pad and then a tan or black wizard pad, is this two pads or just one?
This is two pads--older versions of the kit came with a tan and a black. Newer versions just have 2 black.

Originally Posted by IMGKV
Also, what are they and can I get them at JoAnn's or a place like it?
You can buy either the Wizard Charm Embossing Kit or the BISK (Big Impressions Starter Kit). They do the same thing, but the BISK comes with 3 double-sided texture plates.

My Joanns doesn't have them, but may.,, and the other vendors mentioned at the top of this thread usually stock both.

Originally Posted by IMGKV
Second question about the fiskars texture plates, what is fun foam? A chipboard shim? And how do you get a rubber plade from a plumbers rubber gasket? I am sorry for all the questions, i just want to do it right so that I dont' hurt my new "Cuttlebuddie". Thanks a bunch!!!!!
Fun foam is the inexpensive craft foam that comes in sheets. It's usually available in kids crafts sections. A "shim" is a carpentry/builder term for "place holder" that makes something a bit tighter. So you could add a sheet of chipboard or fun foam to make your CB stack tighter. Some people have also had success with plumber's gasket (available at hardware stores), which is a sheet of thin rubber.
My Blog
amysings is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote