Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-19-2004, 09:22 PM   #1  
Creative Director - My Favorite Things
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY HUBBY JUST HELPED ME MAKE....

I just experienced something quite funny. I was trying my hand at my 1st beaded pens and he came over and started brainstorming. He removed the rubber grip and used the tacky tape to adhere beads, then he filled the barrel with beads. I was in shock!!!

Next, he moved on to his business card (yes, I'm serious!). He lined it with tacky tape and then beaded a frame around it. Then he says "we're crafting together". How cute huh? He normally looks at me like I'm a wierdo when I am surrounded with stampin stuff, but today he ventured in long enough to be interested in what I was doing. He actually requested that next time I buy BLACK beads. Hmmm... what is going to do with them?

I thought you all would get a kick out of that.

SIDE NOTE: My 3 pens are hideous. I am using RSVP pens. What in the world are you supposed to do? In or out? What do you to adhere? How do you all make designs in the pens? Where do I get the infamous 90% alcohol (my barrels got cloudy)? Any help would be appreciated. I have another 21 pens to work magic on. Maybe by then, I will actually know how to make them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2004, 09:29 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Jody - too bad you couldn't get a picture of your DH while you were "crafting together" - that way you would be able to prove it wasn't a dream. If ordering black beads meant my DH would give stamping a try, I'd order a couple of pounds of them :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2004, 09:35 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

My DH won't craft with me but last Mother's Day he did dig into my stampin stuff and made me a Mother's Day card.
Teresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2004, 09:51 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default designs inside the pen

Jody,
To get the design inside the pen, stamp on a stip of typing paper (length of the barrel of the pen and maybe 2 inches wide), roll it up tightly and insert it inside the barrel.
Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2004, 10:10 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Funny you should mention Mother's Day, my DH did the same and made me a card using my own CS & Petal Prints Stamps! He even went as far as using my Parfait Spectrum pad!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2004, 02:04 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Teresa and Debby,
I think it is so sweet that your husbands made you cards!
How super SPECIAL!

Jody, it is rare to find a man who will craft with you.

Hang onto those boys.

NY Nan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 02:21 PM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Skype™ to klake

I love reading this thread, my hubby is so supportive of my craft habit, and every now and then, he'll make something with me, or at least pick out colors and point out a design idea - he has a degree if graphic design and photography, so his color-matching and layouts are better than mine anyway. After a while, he has to leave and go watch a game to get the testosterone flowing again, but I agree with you - we gotta hang on these great guys!

I love the pen idea, I've only done the stamping of the little strip and tucking it in the barrel. The beads in the barrel idea is really neat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 03:21 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

That is so cute. My husband rarely steps in my craftroom. He usually stands at the doorway and comments how content I look. I'm even happier if there is a cat on my lap.

I haven't tried putting the paper inside the pen yet. I just stamped on white sticker paper cut to size and stuck it on the outside. Then put the sticky tape over it and roll in beads. I'll have to try the beads inside for the shaker effect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 03:31 PM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

I loved this post! My husband actually made me a Mother's Day menu one year (and I DID save it, but he told me I can't post it!) He used one of my spectrum padson the front, embossed some words (Happy Mother's Day) with gold in the inside, then colored each petal of the Sketch It flower with a different marker, huffed on it and stamped it on the back! I was so shocked and surprised I cried! It was beautiful! At that point, I knew my husband was definitely more artisitic than me! (He designs and creates all my kids' birthday cakes and Halloween costumes already, I ought to sign him up as a demo, eh?)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 03:41 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

My greatest fear is that my hubby will take up scrapping/stamping lol. He can be really artistic, and I'm afraid he would be better than me lol. He is so cute though, every time I get a new toy, he has to play with it. I got a paper crimper a few days ago, and he would not let me use it until he got to play with it lol. He probably spent 10 or 20 minutes playing with my crimper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 03:45 PM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Too funny!

While my husband was in Iraq I got into stamping. He's only been home just over a week and last night was my first time stamping since he got home. I wasn't sure he was going to leave my stuff alone! He really liked my crimper - lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 05:04 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our stamping are "tools" after all what guy shouldn't love them!

My tips for the pens. I've done the RSVP pens and I wanted a stamped design on them. The first round I rolled the paper up and put it inside the barrell. You really couldn't see the design very well at all and I wasn't pleased. (If you need to take off the words use a dry Mr. Magic eraser).

The next batch I stamped on the paper and ran it thru the xyron to get it sticky on the non-stamped side. From there I wrapped the stamped part around the OUTSIDE of the barrell. Then I put the tacky tape on top of the stamped part and rolled it in the beads. You can actually tell what the design is and I'm pretty pleased with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 05:08 PM   #13  
Kookie Creator

How cute!!! Are you sure he wasn't after something? I would be suspicious if my husband did that But I would like him to show some interest once in a while!

Visit my blog:
http://shadyhollowdesigns.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 08:10 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

hehe, yes, men sometimes will do "anything" for a little.... well, anyway.

Mine is also an artist/photographer/sculptor so I always bring my creations down for his opinion. Sometimes that is a little had to swallow but most of the time he has good reason to say try again like this or whatever.

As far as stamping with me or for me, No But I have managed to get him to cut paper for me when I was doing a huge swap or stamp camp and didn't have time to get it all done. Supporting me, absolutely, he's great at that. He says that as happy as I am when I'm stamping, it's worth the cost at 10 times the amount. Hmm, time to go cattie shopping again, LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 08:19 PM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

I would keel over dead if my husband so much as glanced at my supplies! he was really supportive when i became a demo and let me practice doing workshops on him, but he has absolutely no interest beyond that! Lucky gal you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2005, 09:14 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

The best place for the 91% alcohol is Walmart. Every other place I looked either didn't have it or wanted $4 a bottle! Walmart's is under $1.

Cute husbands;) Just gotta love 'em!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2005, 03:27 AM   #17  
Compulsive Stamper

Send a message via Skype™ to klake
Talking

"Mine is also an artist/photographer/sculptor so I always bring my creations down for his opinion. Sometimes that is a little had to swallow but most of the time he has good reason to say try again like this or whatever."

I feel that way too, I'm always excited to show him my pile of cards after I hide away in my stamp stuff for a while; he's always supportive and gives great tips, but I sometimes have a hard time swallowing it too - and he's usually right, and I'm getting better at my cards all the time. I gotta say that I absolutely love it when he likes one of my cards and doesn't have a design suggestion - then I KNOW it's good.

My funniest stamping moment with my husband was when we were packing to move last summer - his friend was helping us load our truck (of course, my stamping stuff was one of the last things to be loaded so I could play and ignore all the boxes from time to time). and asked my husband if he could just toss my craft stuff into boxes and put them on the trailer. My husband said something like... "dude, that stuff is like Kate's stereo, if you know what I mean." The two guys shared a glance of understanding, and packed my stamps like they were fine china - it was so hilarious!
Reply With Quote Likes