Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-15-2004, 07:34 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Stamp-a-stack ideas!

I desperatly need some ideas, how did you do your stamp a stack parties or how was a Stamp-a-stack party that you wnt to done. I have a new customer that would like to have her ladies group at church stamp Christmas cards all day and don't know the best way to do this would be.

Thanks for all of your help and suggestions.

Inky Paws
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2004, 11:03 AM   #2  
HB
Mad Swapper

Inky Paws - a friend of mine is a Demo (for another company) and she does Stamp-a-Stacks 3-4 times a year. She is very successful at it. I believe this is how it works:
She sets a theme (the last one was Sympathy, Thinking of You, and Wedding/anniversary). She does 3 variations of each. Each guests makes 2 of each card, so they end up with 18 cards. She has everything pre-cut, in baggies and in a box. Her guests move from spot to spot making the cards in that box. The parties run about 2.5 hrs and I think she charges around $20-25 for the 18 cards (a bargain in my book). She says the trick is to keep them simple enough for the inexperienced stamper, and yet fussy enough for the more experienced.
Hope this helps
Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2004, 11:09 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I am holding my first one this Thursday evening. I had a customer contact me that had been to one put on by another demo, so she wanted me to do one for her and her friends. We are doing 10 cards and envelopes for $15.00. I have the sample cards premade and I am preparing all the supplies right now. I will have everything precut and ready to go.

It should be great fun - I have a very excited group - that helps!!

I will let you know how it goes!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2004, 02:43 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I did a stamp a stack last Christmas! It was a huge success. I already have 8 customers on the list for this year's event, which I have not even set a date for yet.

I had it at my house so it was limited to 10 guests! We did five different cards, four of each for a total of 20 cards, which I charged $20. I originally aimed the event for my scrapbooking crowd, since I did not think I would get the card making crowd as they would make their own cards for stamp sets they had bought, but I actually had a mix.

Cards were easy, simple! One was using a crimper. One used the square punch as a window to the inside. I think I used ribbon on one and cord on another. One was the Spotlightlight technique. Let's see...what else. I think I used gold paper with one. One had fasteners. Oh, one used a wheel across the center of the paper with Little Layers randomly stamped over the wheel in a corresponding color, with "Merry Christmas" above it! And I used decorative scissors to edge one!

I was just starting to think of ideas for the upcoming one (well, in two months).

Hope I did not give you too much infomation!

Stamp a Stacks tend to cost a lot for the demo, with all the supplies you have to buy, so be sure you charge your guests accordingly. It also takes time to cut all the paper. Each guest left my party with twenty cards...that was 200 cards I had to cut!!!

But it is fun and I I will probably do two such event this fall for Christmas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2004, 02:53 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

OMG this sounds like so much fun to attend!

Christy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2004, 03:01 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Do you normally include envelopes, or do you just do the cards? I thought I would enclude the envelopes and have them stamp those as well!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2004, 03:08 PM   #7  
Inking Addict

Default I just held one of these and it was great!

I used the theme "Christmas in July" and we did 16 cards with envelopes for $15. Next time I will charge a little more. But it was very well received and fun. I also limited my group to ten as it was at my house, and it took a full 3 hours. Some didn't even finish in that time and had to come back another time to finish.
I did 4 each of 4 different cards. I had 4 tables set up with one card to put together on each table. I tried to keep them basic because everybody that came was very inexperienced, but they were all awesome cards. I definately want to do another workshop like this one some time (not too soon, LOL).
Good luck!
Sally in AZ
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2004, 03:11 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I include envelopes, I like the clear ones! But stamping on them is a good idea too!

My event took three hours and everyone finished! YOu need to make the cards VERY simple!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2004, 08:25 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Being a new demo this sounds cool!! I will have to put one together maybe after my openhouse in September so I can get more customer's.
Thanks for the idea!!!!!!!!
Stormy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2004, 08:33 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

These are my customers' favorite events, and I like to do it as well. My upline charges 20 for 10 cards, I charge 15 for ten cards. I think it depends on the group you have, or your customer base. I think if I tried to charge 20 I wouldnt get a very good amount of people to make it worth it. I also put limits on the amount of people for each class, and often offer two days, like a weeknight anf a saturday morning. My biggest classes when I do this type are Christmas. Everyone loves getting 10 christmas cards out of the way and also have ideas for their own cards. plus i give them a supply list for each card so they can see for themselves how much it would cost to do their own. I have two tables going, sometimes just one 9 foot and everything is in a box for them to get and i stress to keep the materials in the box so it doesnt get confusing for the next person!

HTH some!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2004, 01:59 AM   #11  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

WOW this sounds like a neat idea. Will have to remember this WHEN I become a demo. I could do it at our church hall, then have lots of room for different stations. Hmmmmm lots of ideas running through my head now.. lol
Reply With Quote Likes