View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 10:54 PM   #9
mrikitty
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: imprisoned temporarily in my own house! arrrgh!!&^%$#@
In case you didn't see this...

I will need all the prayers and good thoughts I can get. I have to have surgery on my Rt. elbow...the MRI shows an EXTENSIVE tear on one of the muscles that attaches to the Humerus (upper arm bone) but works the lower forearm, wrist and hand. he is going to toally disconnect it from the humerus and attach it to the radius (one of the lower arm bones) so my arm mechanics will change a little, but the stregnth will decrease a lot.
This surgery will be taking place either the week of March 12th or the week of April 16th. I'll let you all know as soon as I can. They are having me see the infectious disease doctor first to see if she has any preventative ideas/meds etc. to offer. The surgeon is going to put me on Vancomycin (what I was on for over 6 motnhs with a PICC line for the wrist) before the surgery. during and for a couple of hours after.

I ask that you all PRAY and send out good vibes that my "dormant" MRSA does not show up in this surgical site. (as you all know it took 3 of the wrist bones in my left wrist) *IF* it gets in the bones of the elbow, *AND* they can not cure it immediately...amputation could be a possibility.

Yes I am taking a risk to have the surgery, but he says it is only about 20% chance roughly(since there will be no foreign bodies involved, ie. pins, screws plates etc---it is just stitches).

The pain will only continue to get worse because the tear will continue to rip til it is ripped the entire legnth of the muscle (down into the forearm/hand) I actually have 2 tears one on each side of the attachment, but the one side is long and down past the elbow now, the other is just from the attachment point to the elbow joint at this time.

If I was 66 and not 46 I probably would say let's let it ride for now. I have enough pain on a daily basis as it is, if this could be one less than great.

My kids are out of the home, except for Youngest DD, My older Sister lives far away as does my mom. I have 2 friends that I scrap with etc. But SCS is a big part of my life, and I consider many of you my friends!

thanks for keeping me in your thoughts,
Susan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!