Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-14-2005, 06:58 PM   #1  
The Digi-Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So who is sellin' stuff on the 'bay to prep for the new catty?

I confess, I just listed a breastpump to raise fundage! Gotta look around for other stuff that needs a new home in order to make more $ to afford all the new inks/cardstock/stamps/stuff/everything!!!!

Kimberly

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 07:25 PM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Hmmmm....guess that's what the proceeds from this wicked garage sale I am going to have are for!!!! Better get crackin on that thing then hadn't I??

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 07:30 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I've never sold anything on e-bay before. I'd be too nervous that I'd get stiffed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 08:04 PM   #4  
One TOT Mom

MamaKimberly - thank goodness you are no longer a demo....you could be lynched for selling a breastpump on the bay! :o)

I am thinking of putting up all my husbands fishing, or golf, or woodworking, etc....stuff. Isn't amazing how much more expensive their stuff is?! You know that fishing ploe is all 48 markers and 8 stamp sets?!?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2005, 11:13 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am selling a load of stamps (but not on ebay) at my stamping club on saturday, I am saving for my SU purchases. I'm currently trying to get all the inkpads, thankfulyl just started so I dont think I will end up with discontinued ones.

Caz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 12:09 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

No! Not an E*** type of person. I know lots of people really enjoy the place, but I just don't get. If I want something . . . I want it new! This way I know what I am getting and if I am not happy with it I can take it back and get a refund. Besides there is no way I would pay what I have read what some people have paid for stuff (especiall stamps sets).

SCS memeber # 27799
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 02:15 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

i have lots for a yard sale...but the $$ is supposed to go to our new house....hmmmmmmm..but with all these changes about to happen..might have to swing a few bucks to get the new stuff without dh finding out!hahahahahaha!

amanda may- that is too funny about hte fishing stuff! isn't it a hoot! they get sooo riled up cause we buy stamps, but it's noo problem to go buy guns or fishing stuff, etc...i just say whatever amount you spend on your toys, i will spend on mine!! and buying decor doesn't come out of "my" spending money! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 03:25 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

My dh was under the impression that l was going to slow SU spending because we had to replace our washing machine. It was his grandmothers -- about 30 years old. Of course, his new hockey gear was a must have.

I have never sold on ebay, but I think I might try. My father is not doing well medically and has asked me to try to sell some of his stuff to help my mother. He has collected all sorts of things over the years that I'm sure someone on ebay has just been spending years searching for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 04:12 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

I've had some experience on eBay, more buying than selling but I've done both. There's always that risk though. It helps to look at the feedbacks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 04:57 AM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Location: Squinting in the glow of the neighbor's sodium-vapor security light
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnywl
I've had some experience on eBay, more buying than selling but I've done both. There's always that risk though. It helps to look at the feedbacks.
HOWEVER, some people are afraid to leave negative feedback for fear of getting retaliatory negative feedback. I know I've been in that situation - I have a 100% positive feedback, but that might not be the case if I'd left the feedback I really wanted to for a couple of sellers. It is sad that that happens, and technically retaliatory feedback is against the rules, but eBay doesn't do much about it.

Having said all that, I've been buying and selling on eBay for over 4 years now and have never gotten "stiffed". I've had people that were slow to ship, but they legally have 30 days after payment to ship the package, so I didn't have a lot of room to complain. Most eBayers are friendly and most transactions go well, I believe, or it wouldn't be as huge as it is.

Just my .02!

Penny
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 05:05 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by dawn g
I've never sold anything on e-bay before. I'd be too nervous that I'd get stiffed.
Determine what the absolute minimum amount you'd be willing to accept would be, and make that your starting price. You may not get any takers the first time, but you do get to relist once for free (they refund the insertion and listing fees for the 2nd auction after the item sells).

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 05:11 AM   #12  
Abbe-licious

Lightbulb

just wondering, when I place my first order next month, I'll be able to buy the new inks and paper at 30% off. right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 05:24 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by pblair38
HOWEVER, some people are afraid to leave negative feedback for fear of getting retaliatory negative feedback. I know I've been in that situation - I have a 100% positive feedback, but that might not be the case if I'd left the feedback I really wanted to for a couple of sellers. It is sad that that happens, and technically retaliatory feedback is against the rules, but eBay doesn't do much about it.
Penny, you got a good point there about people being afraid to leave negative feedback. I just bought something from someone that had NO feedback (apparently a new eBayer) and felt it was a bit risky to do so but taking my chances. It can be scary especially if a lot of money is involved. I usually bid on things for really dirt cheap, otherwise I don't bid.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 05:40 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Kirstin, When we as new demos place our 30% off order next month, it has to be our first hostess order. I thought I read that the new stuff can be ordered by demos on May 15th on a supply order. If that's true, no 30% off for us!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 05:51 AM   #15  
Crimping Master

Default ebay sales

I just sold my dad's corvette on there for $8258! 1984 model. I also sold my sister's trumpet - and a bunch of stuff from my closets, including a direcTV receiver with TIVO that I haven't used in a couple of years for $135! Get into your closets and pull that junk out! Ebay is the world's largest garage sale and a good minimum will get you a sale. Just be careful estimating postage. I sometimes post that I will charge $15 and refund the difference or something like that - or take it to the post office and get it weighed to let them know the actual amount.

I am up to about $500 worth of sales for stuff that was just taking up space in my closets!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 05:59 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by pblair38

Having said all that, I've been buying and selling on eBay for over 4 years now and have never gotten "stiffed". I've had people that were slow to ship, but they legally have 30 days after payment to ship the package, so I didn't have a lot of room to complain. Most eBayers are friendly and most transactions go well, I believe, or it wouldn't be as huge as it is.

Just my .02!

Penny
JMHO, but you should have left the negs. If you are good about timing things, you can leave it right before the cutoff. I have one neg (out of 150) and it was retalitory. I still feel good about letting people know the truth about the other buyer.

He didn't pay, wouldn't respond, etc. Then in his comments, he said something like he was going to pay but was out of the country (something like 60 days after close), but I wouldn't let him. There is no way for anyone to know if we don't speak up. I haven't had probs selling things even with that neg. He isn't a registered user anymore. I had filed a NPB against him, and I am sure someone else had to too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 06:04 AM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wink

Not selling anything just promised my hb I would be reeaal goood until July.;)

Really I'm just going to cut back on some of my spending that aren't needs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 06:38 AM   #18  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by born_to_stamp
No! Not an E*** type of person. I know lots of people really enjoy the place, but I just don't get. If I want something . . . I want it new! This way I know what I am getting and if I am not happy with it I can take it back and get a refund. Besides there is no way I would pay what I have read what some people have paid for stuff (especiall stamps sets).
Hmmmmm. Have I got something for YOU! ;) (And, pump up the volume for this one . . . )

On Ebay

Don't forget to strap on your Depends . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 06:48 AM   #19  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

So, happy to share...I am sure I will list some baskets on a Basket Forum I belong too and send the list to my customers..so...I can't wait to see or hear what you guys have coming for us junkies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 07:55 AM   #20  
Crimping Master

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I couldn't get JulieHRR's link to work, but I suspect it was a link to the "Selling' All My Junk on eBay" Twisted Tune. I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Bob Rivers Show! Here's a different link to the song:

http://www.bobrivers.com/player/body...=3&atype=tunes

Go Seahawks!
Mom to Daniel (9) and Emily (6)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 08:08 AM   #21  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lori!!!! I LOVE that!

:( the Weird Al Yancovic take on Ebay no longer works . . . I am devastated. Whenever I need something to cheer me up, that song just does it for me! ;)

Man, I wish it still worked . . . both these are too too funny!

TFS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 08:25 AM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

I have a bunch of items I need to sell on the Bay, especially now that I am thinking about taking the plunge and becomming a SU demo! Not only do I need to make some extra money to pay for the new inks and CS colors that will not be included in my kit, I also need to make extra room for all my new toys!!!

BTW, if anyone is interested in what I have for sale, I have tons of brand new, never opened scrapbook supplies from Making Memories, M&MBI, Paper Bliss, Metallic Accents, Disney and Pooh Jolees, K&Co, and lots more. Please PM me for more info! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 08:33 AM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

Talking Tee hee hee

I belong to a mother of multiples club and we are having our VERY large and VERY popular rummage sale May 7th!!!! Money in the bank baby!!! Just can't et myself to sell my pump though......it was the most action I've gotten in my whole life!!!!! Ok, I'm actually saving it for my SIL with the hopes......

It's not fair. Life was never this hard for Barbie & Ken
-
unknown

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 09:19 AM   #24  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrabbyAbbe
just wondering, when I place my first order next month, I'll be able to buy the new inks and paper at 30% off. right?
Unfortunately, no...the 30% first WS order discount only applys to a WS order, the new colors can only be pre-ordered on a demo order, no discount, or benefits...

such a bummer! I really wish we could get them at a significant discount on this pre-order...I may actually hold my breath and wait!
Walnut Creek, California
email: [email protected]

Know someone who is buying or selling real estate? Relocating to the Bay Area? Let me know, I LOVE referrals!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 09:26 AM   #25  
Glitter Guru

Location: Squinting in the glow of the neighbor's sodium-vapor security light
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Vanessa]JMHO, but you should have left the negs. If you are good about timing things, you can leave it right before the cutoff. I have one neg (out of 150) and it was retalitory. I still feel good about letting people know the truth about the other buyer.

I know I should have! I'm with you. Next time I get into a situation that warrants one, I will wait until just before the deadline.

Thanks!

Penny
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 10:14 AM   #26  
Embossing Fanatic

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaMay
MamaKimberly - thank goodness you are no longer a demo....you could be lynched for selling a breastpump on the bay! :o)

I am thinking of putting up all my husbands fishing, or golf, or woodworking, etc....stuff. Isn't amazing how much more expensive their stuff is?! You know that fishing ploe is all 48 markers and 8 stamp sets?!?!

Hey AmandaMay, LOL!!! I've never thought of it that way... thanks for the idea...hmmm I wonder if my DH is going to know they are missing.... the golf clubs haven't seen daylight in a while....... Thanks AmandaMay!!!

~A Daughter of the King of kings; Lord of lords... Jesus Christ
~Momma of 2 boys
~Wife of 21 years
~Creative Fun Blog: Fun Cuts
~My Facebook Group: All Kine Paper Fun Creations
~Shop 24/7 Stampin' Up! with Jen

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 12:20 PM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

That Bob Rivers song about Ebay is an absolute riot!! Thanks for the great laugh on a Friday!

Julie C.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2005, 04:30 PM   #28  
One TOT Mom

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenesis7
Hey AmandaMay, LOL!!! I've never thought of it that way... thanks for the idea...hmmm I wonder if my DH is going to know they are missing.... the golf clubs haven't seen daylight in a while....... Thanks AmandaMay!!!

Yeah! It would be my luck that it MY husband would buy it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2005, 12:50 PM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

I am selling EVERYTHING in site

So far I have listed a whole bunch of American Eagle clothes, a barney chair, some retired stamp sets, a few pair of summer shorts ummmm and a cute little puppy dog christmas tin, hehe

I am still going through our attic

= )

Cori
Reply With Quote Likes