Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-11-2004, 11:49 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any other demo's do this

I am placing an order of 150.00 this week. She always pays half my shipping fee, plus this month she is giving me and extra 25.00 to spend in the book. When I order I try to save so I can at least do the 150.00 order to get the free stuff. I am bad I know but I like to get all that I can. She also had other great deals she offers. Her stamp camps are the best, they cost 20.00 and 10.00 of that goes towards you order. She is fair and does her best to please all her customers.

[email protected]
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 12:00 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am pretty generous with my customers but I can't afford to be that generous! With a $25 credit and $7.50 she is paying out of pocket, she is basically out money this month.

I give extra free product to my customers, I have a Hostess stamp basket that everyone who has been a hostess for me can pick from when they come to another workshop, etc...I have a gal who will call every two or three months and place $100-$200 in orders each time. I always give her a free ink pad or a wheel or something like that to show my appreciation.

Everyone has the right to run their business in their own way, of course, but if I gave as much as your demonstrator does I would be out of business really quick!

JMHO,
Milette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 12:27 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

SU! is having a special until the end of August where the hostess of a $350 workshop gets an extra $25 and your demo probably added other customer's orders in with yours to get to the $350.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 12:58 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

Lynda,
I am not a demo, but I know that a $150 order qualifies you as your own hostess in which you would automatically be able to get $15 free merchandise and about a $12 stamp set or $13 scrapbooking kit as a hostess gift. Maybe your demo wanted another of the hostess sets herself to demo, so gave you the credit to get whatever you wanted from the catalog. Being your own hostess would have gotten you about $27 to $28 worth of stuff, she offered you $32.50 worth of things instead, I don't think this is a huge loss for her, especially if she was able to combine your order with someone else's to get the extra $25 credit!!

My demo always tells me which way to go that would get me the most free things and has added as much as $35 to my order of supplies to help me get the hostess appreciation set (which I will share with her as she did not earn it that quarter!) I think if you are having people place $100- $200 orders, you should tell them that if they just bump it up to $150, they can have their own party and get all the hostess benefits, which is way better than one free stamp pad! That's just good customer service.

I am very loyal to my demo as she has been so good to me, and I am one of her best customers, too! She gives me many freebies and I bought her a ink refill storage system and labels for all her daubers and her cardstock filing system, all to help pay her back! I even helped deliver her first run of catalogs as they arrived when she was on vacation, and she had many customers really, really wanting them ASAP!

That's my 2 cents!

Laurie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 01:12 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Okay, so maybe I should have been more clear, I guess...

I absolutely give everyone any hostess benefits they are entitled to, and the gal who calls and orders product is well informed on our fabulous hostess benefits and takes full advantage of them which I encourage her to do, I offer her EXTRA product free as a thank you.

I was assuming that the original poster was placing an order on her own, not with the demos own personal order (or someone else's) to boost up the show, and that she was giving her $25 extra plus half her shipping out of her own pocket, that would mean the demo would be giving way too much, IN MY OPINION. Of course if this was extra free hostess benefits that is a nice way to thank a good customer by giving that to her, and I would do that myself.

But I will say that I see many demos (and myself) give way too much away and lose profitablity, and we need to be profitable to stay in business.

And on another note, I really hope it did not sound like I was flaming the other poster or putting down her demonstrator. I did not mean to do that, so you can stop emailing me and telling me to be nice! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 06:57 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I just placed my order. I got the free level 1 stamp set plus the 15.00 free in the book, plus she gave me another 25.00 free. She did say she had another order with mine so who knows. I don't care as I thought I got a great deal. She does me right when I make big orders. I am not sure how she comes out with the deals she makes me. Anyhow I am going to be a happy camper when my order comes in, I plan to stamp my heart out. I got all new sets including in Full bloom. I can't wait..

[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 07:37 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffgirl
Okay, so maybe I should have been more clear, I guess...

I absolutely give everyone any hostess benefits they are entitled to, and the gal who calls and orders product is well informed on our fabulous hostess benefits and takes full advantage of them which I encourage her to do, I offer her EXTRA product free as a thank you.

I was assuming that the original poster was placing an order on her own, not with the demos own personal order (or someone else's) to boost up the show, and that she was giving her $25 extra plus half her shipping out of her own pocket, that would mean the demo would be giving way too much, IN MY OPINION. Of course if this was extra free hostess benefits that is a nice way to thank a good customer by giving that to her, and I would do that myself.

But I will say that I see many demos (and myself) give way too much away and lose profitablity, and we need to be profitable to stay in business.

And on another note, I really hope it did not sound like I was flaming the other poster or putting down her demonstrator. I did not mean to do that, so you can stop emailing me and telling me to be nice! LOL!
Ok.. I'm going to stick up for duffgirl, even if it's not necessary. She's my demo and she has given me sooooo much free stuff. I got 11 of her retiring used sets during a retirement party. For every $50 I placed she gave me a pick of her own stash of retiring stamps. I think that is VERY generous! I'm sure she didn't want to toot her own horn, but I will!

Love you Duffgirl!
Member #7840!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2004, 02:23 AM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

My demonstrator (Happytobestamping) treats me very well! In fact, I get after her all the time for "giving away the store", because I know she only gets 20% off on the stuff she sells, but I think she's a hobby demo, basically, and just does it to support her habit. She could have made her quota for this quarter with my order alone! She always steers me towards the best deals and promotions, and will add things to my orders to get me all the extras.
She lives right down the road, and also is very generous about letting me borrow her stamp sets whenever I get a new idea and don't want to wait to get my own set. (Which happens often!)
Some of the girls I work with were doing business with others until they came to a workshop at my home. Now they buy most of their stuff through her, too.
I have no intention of ever becoming a demonstrator, but I do like to teach, so I've spoken to her about getting together so that I can help her with some more involved workshop projects. I'm looking forward to it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2004, 04:24 AM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

duffergirl - I seriously hope you were kidding when you said you got emails from others telliing you to be nice! I didn't read anything inflammatory in your first post. For me (5:20 am), it's a little early in the morning to have someone yell "in my opinion"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2004, 06:24 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Nope, I really did get a couple of emails, but it is no biggie. They were just sticking up for a friend. It is always easy to misread intent in email, which I have been guilty of a time or two :oops: .

And Cristen and her mom were some of my very first customers, and not only are they AWESOME people (yes, I am shouting!) they helped put this girl on the cruise and are worth every penny of everything I have ever given them.

Now I wish I could toot about how awesome my demo is, but I never had one (sniff). I never got to be spoiled or not spoiled by anybody, I feel like I was deprived of my stamping "childhood". Probably why I have regressed as an adult! Waaaahhh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2004, 06:40 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

I didn't see anything wrong with the post...its just being honest!

I am just starting out and can't afford to give everyone such a nice discount....it is coming from my pocket afterall...maybe its a plan for the future! Right now I offer free stamp camps to people who place orders of $50 or more...every $50 they spend is 2 free classes...also if I demo something and they order stamps from that demo or accessories I will take off s&h for that class only....I am trying different things, for now this works best for me. As I am sure we are all at different levels of demo-hood, so its all generous when we promote using our own means!

Thanks for listening.....

"I Stamp, therefore I am!"....

http://www.jenniferuitto.stampinup.net/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2004, 06:45 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffgirl
(yes, I am shouting!)
No - problem I've been up for a few hours now and in fact, have been warming up my own voice for my conversation with UPS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2004, 07:54 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

my demo is pinefeather, and she ROCKS hehe i wouldnt say im her best costumer cuz i never throw partys but when i place orders every now and then they always seem to break my bank! LOL

Christy who likes to get the hostess kit and the 15$ and get that 30 bucks er well 20% for pinefeather lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2004, 11:07 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

My demo is very generous. (sgalley) We have a small group in our office that places large orders on a regular basis. I am with Happy Heart on having to get on to my demo for "giving" all the time. We literally have to find creative ways to thank her for her generosity. She lives in a small town in East Texas and doesn't get to the city much, so we get her things she may not have the access to. She is a hobby demo and before our group, she says she was her own best customer.

Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes