Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-11-2004, 06:10 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will you people just STOP IT!!

Okay, so I didn't care for In Full Bloom at all when I got my new catalog. Won't ever order it, I say to myself. I also decided to wait on purchasing Summer By the Sea. A very nice set, but there were others I thought I should get first. Now am seeing tons a gorgeous samples in the gallery with these two sets. Aurgh! I NEED these sets now!

I'm trying to be so good and be really smart with my business. Only sets that I will really use a lot. Save money for household bills....actually make my SU biz a money making business and not just a hobby. You talented ladies make it so hard!

So just STOP IT ALREADY!!!!!!

;)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 06:18 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Good luck with that request! They got me with the same set! I started out just wanting the bumble bee so it was pretty easy to say no - I'm not spending that much money just to get one stamp.

I'm going to have to stop scrolling down on the gallery page to see that latest uploads. Just straight in to the galleries for sets I already have - it's my only hope. For those of you new to the site who thought wouldn't it just be easier to stay away from SCS altogether - just ask yourself that in a week or so!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 06:18 AM   #3  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What helps me a lot is to plan out my workshops a few months out, and then buy what you need for those. Helps a lot with my "I need it all" mentality!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 06:20 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Thank you Benniesma! I have the same problem - my wishlist keep GROWING instead of shrinking as buy things!!! ARGH :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 06:30 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Laura,

I had the same problem. When I saw In Full Bloom in the new catalog I breezed right by it, then I started seeing all the beautiful cards in the gallery so needless to say, I got it 10 days ago and LOVE IT! I demo'd it at my first party and everyone loved it.

Between Petal Prints and In Full Bloom I'm having a ball, lots of inky fingers!

My 3rd :lol: order is going in before the end of the month so I can earn those extra dollars to spend on my wish list! I can't hardly wait, but the checkbooks says I have to. Bummer.

Donna

"The value of persistent prayer is not that he will hear us...but that we will finally hear him." William McGill
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 06:35 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

amen sisters! when I first saw in full bloom it was a sample card and I loved it! but when I saw the stamp set in the catalog i thought, "oh, I don't like that at all, what was I thinking? I'll never get that." Then I started seeing samples . . . . . guess what I just ordered . . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 08:29 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Stop it already!

OHHHHHH! Do I ever know what you all mean! I just ordered the Fresh Flowers set (one of the few flower stamp sets I didn't want) since I saw the adorable reindeer card done with that set (off of this website in fact) and just couldn't wait to get it in my hands! I can't tell you that I have ever wanted that set for anything else, so now I have to find other ways to use it. My hubby just shakes his head at me! Hey...he has his fishing and hunting...I get stamping and gardening!
Jill
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 08:40 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I'd like to see the reindeer card....do you know where I can see it? I've checked the gallery but must not be looking in the right spot
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 08:48 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Laura I counldn't agree with you more.

I have decided that I make no judgment on a stamp set until I see what the talented gals on splitcoast are going to do with the set... then I narrow it down to how many samples are there of one card... for instance.... i was not going to get petal prints..... BUT ther are over 400 ideas on one stamp set so now ... Its mine

thank you to all the talented people on this site... but stop already i am going to go broke
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 08:56 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

men2145--

I think this is the card the Jill was referring too (it caught my eye too!)

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

Someone entered it in the Christmas in July contest so it was in a different folder in the gallery. There are also some very cool cards using that set in the June monthly contest--Keep it simple as well. (some of the cute out of the box ideas are using the set to make: a fish and a butterfly ) I love the creative ideas--I usually can't come up with stuff like that!

hth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 08:59 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

This site should have a warning label - "Caution: This site could be hazardous to your pocket book"!!! I hated, really didn't like, Petal Prints. Then guess what happened! And the same thing with In Full Bloom. Oh boy, better go have more workshops!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 01:07 PM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

Yes! Yes! Happy Heart makes all kinds of great cards with the Fresh Flowers set! You could just check her gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 01:42 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yep.... I allowed myself a very huge budget for my first order... and thought well... that will satisfy me for a long time... wrong....... most of those new sets are virgin rubber and have never touched ink and I am already wanting more sets... ones that I can't live without. Or so I think I can't live without... but golly I am telling myself I can only order after I use what I have at least once! ha ha lets see how long my rule lasts! Keep those ideas rolling thought I love discovering sets I thought I hated..... makes me like the new catty more. and more and more........ It's okay pocket I try... I just don't succeed in filling you up! Jennie black
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2004, 07:02 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Ladies -
I am posting here for my VERY first post. I couldn't resist either the Petal Prints or the In Full Bloom sets either. :lol:

They are on my next order to be placed. This site is so addicting. I find myself spending just hours and hours cruising here.

I have been with SU just 5 months and I think if I can't learn some self control - I will have purchased everything in the catty based on the talented people who upload to this site. Unfortunately, I don't know how to upload and don't even have a scanner. Maybe that is fortunate for the site - that way the quality stays high. :lol:

I want to thank everyone for being so generous with their sharing of ideas.

Sue

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2004, 11:18 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default yes, all you creative ladies, STOP

I have to admit I liked In Full Bloom from the get go. But then I could hold off and wait until I had more money, time, etc. Any excuse worked at the time to keep me from getting it. Now...I don't know. I want it now! Hmm...thank goodness DH is on 3rd interview now for a better paying job that will only be 3-12hr shifts. Maybe he'll get a 2nd job to keep me happily stamping with all I desire.
Reply With Quote Likes