View Single Post
Old 08-11-2004, 10:35 AM   #1
overcome
Matboard Maniac

Default Office Max Memo Cube DISASTER

I finally got around to going to Office Max to have them make memo cubes for me. As soon as I opened my mouth I knew this venture was going to go south FAST.

The clerk was clueless. I specifically said I wanted a SQUARE memo cube 3 1/2 x 3 1/2. She didn't know ANYTHING! SHe asked if I want a cardboard piece in between them. In between what?? Yikes. So I explained again and she wrote up the order. I also explained the paper had to be lined up so the sides were smooth. She quoted me 50 cents a pad plus cost of 2 reams paper. Sound too good to be true? Believe me, it was!

I went back yesterday to pick them up. Same clueless clerk. I wanted to cry. They were *no exaggeration* 6 inches, maybe 7 inches, high! I said, no problem, I can just divide one cube in half by pulling them apart. No need as they were already splitting all over the place. The sides were EXTREMELY uneven. I would never have gotten a clear stamped image on them. Still I'm pulling out my credit card to pay for them and she says $17. For what?? I ask. She neglected to tell me there was a cutting fee of $3. Annoyed and upset you think I would have said "forget it". No, i buy them and go out to the car. My DH was waiting for me and he said, "You can't use these." and upon inspecting the receipt he notices they charged me for 10 cubes, not 6.

We made a couple more stops and I knew I had to go back to Office Max. I took them back, said I wasn't pleased and they gave me a full refund as happy as could be. Meanwhile I was stressed stressed stressed.

I'm glad it's over and am going to search for the previous post on Memo cubes b/c someone mentioned a good source for purchasing them. The things we do for the love of rubber stamping!

Thanks for listening to me vent. Hope anyone else that tries this has better luck than me! Would you believe I am actually considering going to Staples to see how they would do with making memo cubes????

Ashley
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!