Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-03-2005, 06:37 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's talk new catty!!!

Am I the only one who can't wait for the new catty to come out??? When exactly does it come out? What do you think will be new in it? What sets do you think will be retiring???

I am waiting to sign up as a demo until the new catty comes out so I can get the new cattys in my kit, and also so I don't get any stamps sets in my kit that are then retired a few months later (like if I signed up now).

I'm SOOOOOOOO excited, I don't know if I can wait!:-)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2005, 06:49 PM   #2  
Inking Addict

I'm daydreaming about it too. I have a wish list and I can't wait to see what surprises are inside! July 1st is the approximate date it will get to demos and July 5th sales begin. Hmmmm...I can now think of TWO good reasons to set off fireworks on the 4th of July!

Janet Katz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2005, 06:54 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

I didn't know new sales started that early. If that is the case, will they still be selling some sets at 1/2 off at convention? That is one of the reasons that is drawing me there. How will I know which ones they will be selling? Yikes - I hate not knowing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2005, 06:54 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

We all get catty crazy about this time of year. waiting to see the retirement list and then the new catty. Right there with you ladies....waiting!

Karrie G.
SCS Member #8990

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/karrieg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2005, 06:54 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Let's Talk new Catty

They are doing the Catty different this year we are receiving our Catalog July 1st before Convention.
The only thing by waiting to sign up until June or July is that the Month of April you can get the starter kit for $169.00 You would save $30.00 by signing up now. Also once you sign up and you can order a booster kit which includes alot of the business supplies which includes a box of catties all for a Great price anytime in your first year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2005, 11:44 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I cant wait to get my hands on one! I will be in Spain when its out BOO HOO, do I need to reschedule my holiday??

I am getting my friend to order me a box as I have loads of friends who want one as well. They are getting SU fever as well.

Caz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 07:23 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by busystampinjen
I didn't know new sales started that early. If that is the case, will they still be selling some sets at 1/2 off at convention? That is one of the reasons that is drawing me there. How will I know which ones they will be selling? Yikes - I hate not knowing!
This year they are giving 4 new catty sets away for FREE!! You don't have to buy them at 1/2 off. Just be sure to bring your scissors so you can use your new stamps at all the make and takes!

ALso, Demos get the new catty around July 1st, and SU said they will let us know about a week before that which stamps are FREE for convention goers, so you don't buy them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 07:27 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

oh man---someone give me the scoop on convention!!! I just signed, I guess this year is out of the question for me..............
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 07:29 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

I'm getting very excited about the catalog, but in another way, I'm not in a hurry for the time to go fast. My daughter is getting married on July 9th and the time is going much too fast!! She's lived at home these two years since graduating from college (she's a teacher) and we've loved having her here. We love her fiance too, but I wish the time would go more slowly!

So the wedding will be happening about the time the catalog comes!! That should be interesting - I'll be busy doing mother-of-the-bride stuff, but I'll be sneaking away for a few moments w/ my new catty! :oops:

Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 08:53 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

What this about the convention? Where is it at? Do you have to be a demo to go or can anyone go? Does everyone get those free stamp sets?? I was planning on signing up to be a demo in July when the new catty comes out. I saw one person said they just signed up to be a demo so they can't go. Does this mean you have to be a demo for a certian length of time? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 09:17 AM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

No, you don't have to be a demo for a certain length of time, at least not to my knowledge. I think what she meant is that she spent her $ signing up - convention is expensive in so much as travel and stay. I think the actual convention fee is a good deal. This year I won't make it because of the travel expense. I think my downline is going, not sure.. Anyway, shooting to make convention a family vacation in 2006! Convention happens in Salt Lake City Utah this year and every year after from what I understand, just got my brochure in the mail *pouting* because I know I can't go. Only demos can go to convention and their spouse for awards nights, etc. Only demos get the freebies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 09:29 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

This was fun to read. I will be a demo by then, waiting for my number and kit right now. I doubt I can swing convention this year finacially but maybe next year!

I too am excited about the new catty, I have flat worn my out reading it and taking it everywhere with me.

This is a little off the subject but do you know the first date that demos find out which sets will be retired? Is it May 1st? I want to order a few more stamp sets but I will wait until I know what will retire since I need to demo things as long as possible.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 09:42 AM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Jen-
Your demo. will be able to get the retiring list on May 1st.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 10:10 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

hey Jen--let's you and I make a pledge to try to go together next year!!

julia
sent my ID agreement in on Sat...........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 10:12 AM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Default Re: Let's talk new catty!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapleaz
Am I the only one who can't wait for the new catty to come out?
The new catalog becomes the subject of much anticipation and discussion in January. This year demonstrators will have theirs by July 1st. If you are attending convention, you will get FOUR new sets, the cost of which is included in your convention fees. They are not offering "Save 'n Share" at convention this year, which is a selection of new sets for 1/2 price, available only to convention attendees.

Quote:

I am waiting to sign up as a demo until the new catty comes out so I don't get any stamps sets in my kit that are then retired a few months later (like if I signed up now).
I am fairly certain that if you go with the "recommended" items in the starter kit, you will get sets that aren't retiring right away. You might want to talk with your demo about what she thinks will retire if you have those items already. Stampin' Up! just released Inspiration Sheets for Sporting Goods, Simply Circles, Paris in the Spring, Figures of Speech, Gladsome Garden & Greetings Galore, so it wouldn't make sense to retire any of those. I would guess that Shapes & Shadows and Stipple Celebrations are a couple of other sets that won't go.

Quote:

I am waiting to sign up as a demo until the new catty comes out so I can get the new cattys in my kit. I'm SOOOOOOOO excited, I don't know if I can wait!:-)
Why wait? You get $30 off your starter kit until April 29th, which is enough to cover a box of NEW catalogs when they come out. I'm planning on putting my old catalogs in my dentist's & doctor's office waiting rooms, with a little sticker on them saying "If you like what you see, please take this catalog -- it's free. Then give me a call to see what's new!" You'll also have April & May to earn hostess sets from the new catalog, based on your cumulative sales during those months. AND, you'll have an opportunity to attend convention in SLC in mid-July, something that will definitely BOOST your business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 10:38 AM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Excellent responses, Lizziestamps! Thanks for some of the additional info on the sheets...
Great thread for all us crazies waiting, waiting for the new stuff and finding out the retired stuff!
Laurie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2005, 12:56 PM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

:!: :!: Oh YEAH, let's go Julia :!: :!:

I'm so happy for you that you signed up if you are as excited as I am. This is going to be fun isn't it? :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes