Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2004, 06:32 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's all this Seriousness?!!!

Ladies Ladies Ladies -
I usually can get a few laughs after reading through the forums....but we're lacking on the humour side today.

SO, what can we talk about that's humourous.

I know... How about naked kids.

My 18month old daughter insisted on running around naked tonight before bed. Of course I was worried to death that she'd pee all over the carpet, as she is not trained yet. But she didn't. INfact she plopped right up on her potty seat and peed in the potty for the 1st time.
YAAAA! I doubt this means she will be an early potty trainee...I just think it was coinsidence. Anyway...I made a huge HURRAH and so she was very proud of herself and didn't want to get off. Of couse she had to flush the toilet 5million times and went through a 1/2 roll of toilet paper. After 15 minutes of toilet play I was exahusted...but she wanted more. Oh there's nothing like argueing with a 18 month old, brown eyed, blonde hair, little girl to "GET OFF THE POTTY ALREADY"!. UFDAH. Wish the DH would of had the video camera on...I'm sure it was quite the sceen.

Than my 4 yr old boy insisted on running around naked too. Oh YAA. I had two naked bodies running around my house! They thought they were soo SILLY...and they were! My neighbors probably saw the whole show...I didn't realize my sons window & blinds were wide open! Well, I'll know tomorrow if they enjoyed the show.

Kids are so darn silly and free spirited. I never realized how much fun being naked could be!!!!!!! I think it should be a nightly ritual.
What do you think? :lol: :lol:

PS... "To stamp or not to Stamp" is never a question in my home!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 06:34 PM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default naked

Paris:
I think you're OK until YOU and your DH start romping around naked for the neighbors to see! :lol:

Aren't kids grand??!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 06:35 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for lightening things up! Love that story! My kids did the same thing! Adri especially loves to be naked as a jaybird. Chandler is more modest as he gets older, but not my baby! She strips down to nothing at the beach to change with no qualms whatsoever. My son has to have towels held up around him.

Hope she grows out of that. . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 06:45 PM   #4  
Stampin' Fool

My DS and DD ( 4 1/2 and 2 1/2) love to run around naked. My son has also taken to dancing like Elvis while naked, which seems a little scary to me. By the way, if your daughter took that quickly to going potty, trust me, she's READY and take advantage of it!! That's how I potty trained my two kids - shirts only, no pants. Both were 24 months or less and trained in about two days. Had just a couple of minor accidents, nothing a Rug Doctor doesn't take care of!! I'm all for Mommy's independence from diapers!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 06:52 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

So it sounds like my family is NORMAL even though tonights activities were abnormal!! :lol: :lol:

By the way, MY DS has decided it isn't his bed time yet and is now sitting with his daddy right now watching "Orange County Choppers" they are addicted!
I guess it works out. They get their OCC and I get my SCS. What a great way to spend family time together :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 06:52 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

That's hilarious. Lucky you to have one potty training so early! I have a friend who is a foster parent and has a three going on four year old still in diapers. She said the number 2's are almost unbearable.

Here's my funny kid story...for the last four days my middle daughter, 3, has woken up each morning to tell me it is her birthday. (july 11th was the actual date). Not only that but she has been singing "happy birthday to me!" endlessly. It is totally cracking me up. I'm only going to make it worse by having her birthday party at the end of this month after her dad comes home. Maybe I'll tell her that the party marks the end of her two month birthday period.

Also, off the subject...Where is the safest place to put one's stamps if one has received a tornado warning in their area??

Sonya
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 06:55 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlygirl

Also, off the subject...Where is the safest place to put one's stamps if one has received a tornado warning in their area??

Sonya
I think this is the ultimate most hilarous ? ever asked on SCS.

DUH - you should bring them into the basement with you (huddle your body over them)! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See - I knew I could get some humour out of you all!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 06:57 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

HAHAHA!!! I've been thinking that question all afternoon as the black clouds churn in the sky...and just kept laughing at myself. Glad to share a chuckle with you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 07:22 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Cute story. Reading it reminded me of a story when my kids were 2 and 4. One evening, while I was at work, my DH was watering the garden. He went into the house to grab something and came out to find both kids naked as jay birds running thru the hose. Their clothes were stuck in the holes of the fence. My DH was mortified. :shock: It is now one of his favorite kids stories to tell. Love to mortify the kids in front of their friends. They are teenagers. :twisted:

Thanks for letting me share. Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 07:29 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

Okay - if you haven't checked out the "What's your YA-YA name" I highly suggest you do. This is hilarious. THanks to GirlyGirl who started it all. TOO TOO FUNNY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 07:30 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Re: What's all this Seriousness?!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by parisotremba
UFDAH.
I didn't have to check your profile to know you were from Minnesota!
LOL
Check out my FREE DOstamping Resource Library with hundreds of videos, tutorials, stamping techniques, templates and more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 07:32 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I never realized how much fun being naked could be!!!!!!! I think it should be a nightly ritual.

Paris - you'd better double-check to make sure those blinds are closed before you start your ritual of running around naked! :lol: :oops: :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 07:35 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Paris, what's your Ya-ya name? and I thought you were swedish, I didn't think Minnesotta (sp?) doi. In sweden they say Uffdoh all the time.

I love that Ya-ya name generator, I just HAD to share it with all of you lovely ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 07:48 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by girlygirl
Also, off the subject...Where is the safest place to put one's stamps if one has received a tornado warning in their area?? Sonya
Well, I'd start by packing all but one set in boxes and then put those boxes in bigger boxes so you can put padding around the boxes that have the stamps. Then put those boxes in trunks - again more with padding. The chain them down to the securest, strongest chunk of something in the crawl space under the stairs. The remaining stamp set you put all except one stamp in your pockets which you duct tape closed. The last stamp you hold in your hand so you can speak to all of your stamps through it and tell them how special and important they are to you. It's okay if your family thinks you're talking to them - the stamps will know the truth. Oh, almost forgot - you could also stamp with the one your holding. :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 08:04 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

Oh Pam, you are hilarious! Unfortunately, we live in a rancher with no basement, so I'll be lugging all of my stamps to the bathtub...uh-oh, will there be enough room for the family too? Maybe they can lay on top of the trunks? That's one more layer of protection for the stamps!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 08:16 PM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

OK y'all, I liked how this was going, putting everyone in a good mood... sigh, must just be one of those days... my hubby just walked into my work. I picked him and the kids up at the airport last night as they spent the last week in Hawaii... he just got called in off leave about 2 hours ago... they leave for "the sandbox" Monday

Karen

BLINGO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 08:23 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjbstamper
Quote:

I never realized how much fun being naked could be!!!!!!! I think it should be a nightly ritual.

Paris - you'd better double-check to make sure those blinds are closed before you start your ritual of running around naked! :lol: :oops: :lol:
Nahhhh, give 'em a thrill!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 08:47 PM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Default my naked kid story

Love the funny story. What is it about kids and being naked that is so cute? Okay, here is my naked kid story.

My DT's (dear twins) were about 4 and my parents were visiting. Well, after bath time they came out to visit Grandma & Grandpa wearing only boots and hats. "Do we look like all the other cowboys you've seen?"

What a hoot!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 09:07 PM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

I am totally laughing about the tornado question. I am lucky and the guy who owned our house before us built a concrete storage room. It is seriously like a bomb shelter, 6 in thick walls all around and a little air shaft that goes to outside. It is my food storage/decoration storage/stamp supply storage room. Got to keep those babies safe Oh yea, there is room if we were to ever have to be in there too. My hubby laughs at me about how much I can fit in there.

Ok, now the KID stuff My 3 year old has been potty trained since Feb (turned 3 in Dec) and she cracks me up after she does her thing and then comes running down the stairs with pants and panties in hand all excited that she went and now needs help to get dressed again. Always manages to put her panties on backwards. DH wants me to sew a ribbon or something on the front so she'll be able to do it herself. Another funny, when the two little girls that I babysit have to go potty the three of them go in together and make sure that there is encouragement and that everyone gets a turn. I have tried to explain the privacy thing since they aren't related but to a 2 or 3 year old forget it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 10:56 PM   #20  
Stampin' Fool

I can't even remember potty training. But I do have a story about my naked 4 yr. old nephew Noah....

One day he was sick and was running around naked. (Don't ask.) Anyway, his mother kept insisting he get dressed. He wouldn't. He hid from her and she kept yelling at him that he better be dressed. She was busy feeding her newborn and when she was finished, she went to look for him. She looked and looked. No Noah anywhere. She did the "You come out here right now! or you'll get spanked" bit and he still didn't answer. Suddenly her telephone rang.... "Mom, you can't spank me 'cause you can't find me!" He had her cell phone! But she did find the little squirt. He was under his brother's bed, on her phone, and still naked. Yes, (after she stopped laughing) he got spanked.
~Jan #6240

"If you have not often felt the joy of doing a kind act, you have neglected much and most of all yourself." A. Neilen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 11:21 PM   #21  
Polyshrink Goddess

The only time I let my kids run around naked is when I take their collars off of them. Other then that they're always sporting a fur coat year round.

To piggy back off of kids, potty training, and running around naked. I have a story about my daughter. When she goes number 2 she is so excited that she runs around in the house doing burnouts until her brother catches her. They just grow up so fast. :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 11:27 PM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Another funny, when the two little girls that I babysit have to go potty the three of them go in together and make sure that there is encouragement and that everyone gets a turn. I have tried to explain the privacy thing since they aren't related but to a 2 or 3 year old forget it.
Ahhh... the seeds that grow into the stereotype that " women must always go to the powder room in pairs!" Come to think of it... it IS about encouragement!!!

Lori
(photo w/DD Kelly)
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/Lori_G
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 12:46 AM   #23  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenInOki
he just got called in off leave about 2 hours ago... they leave for "the sandbox" Monday
Karen~ I am so sorry! I know he is busy and all, but try to get as much quality time as possible. Cry when you need to and remember how glorious chocolate tastes. If you want to chat, we are all here for you.

Hugs,
Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 02:07 AM   #24  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Well my DS still likes to run around naked, some days he just dont' put on underwear! He is 6 but not shy in the least (must take after my DH ;) )
They were all potty trained before they turned 3 so don't remember any of the "stories" from that. I am trying to potty train my nephew who has been 3 since June.. he has NO interest in it, my niece on the other hand goes to the potty about 30 times a day here, she is 22 months old and loves the idea of going potty just hasn't figured out the real concept to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 02:16 AM   #25  
Glitter Guru

OMG!! Kar, your avatar is SO cute! I just love it! You and your farmer! Hehe!

Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 05:33 AM   #26  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

lol Melissa, maybe I should send her a head shot of my DH and put him as the farmer!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 08:33 PM   #27  
Crimping Master

WOW - I can't stop lauging at all of your stories and the witty responses.

THis is why I love SCS!!!!!

My DS insisted on running around totally nude again tonight. I have a feeling this is going to be a nightly ritual. Wonder what she'll do when Nanna & Pappa babysit!! :lol:
Oh- she peed on the potty again. She's only 18 months and wanting to pee on the potty. Is this just coinsidence or is she Smart enough to know?

Too be continued.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 08:45 PM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

parisotremba wrote:
Quote:

Oh- she peed on the potty again. She's only 18 months and wanting to pee on the potty. Is this just coinsidence or is she Smart enough to know?
If she stamps too, then definitely she's SMART!!! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 08:50 PM   #29  
Mad Swapper

Okay, here's my funny story for tonight too...my 3 year old...yes, the one who sings happy birthday to herself everyday, decided that her catch phrase today was "i'm the boss." She said it after everything "I want some grapes because I'm the boss." or "I have to go potty because I'm the boss." The finally I said "Actually, I'm the boss." And she said,"No, I'm the boss. You can't be the boss because you parked the car on the roof!" What?!?!?! I just nodded my head and said "Ok, I parked the car on the roof, you're the boss!" and gave my best Jack Black You Are Crazy impression. Well, about 10 minutes later, I get up from my chair (I was stamping of course) and I look out the back sliding glass door into the backyard, and the Little Tykes car was on top of the Little Tykes Playhouse!!!!!! I couldn't stop laughing. The chemlawn guy came, and I guess he put it up there! And here I thought my child was one nugget short of a happy meal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 02:54 AM   #30  
Mad Swapper

OMG! I just found this thread and I am peeing my pants!!!! Especially about the little boy who likes to imitate Elvis naked! OMG!!!! tooo funny!
to be truthful when all four of my kids were really little it was hard for me to keep their clothes on! especially if one was getting a bath the next three were standing behind me naked waiting their turn! Memories are fun!! Thanks for lightening the conversations!

schrades
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 04:18 AM   #31  
Gabfest Goddess

I could never keep clothes on my youngest, and we don't live in a particularly warm climate! My father would come over and say, "Put some clothes on that kid for G's sake! He must be cold." My answer was, "If he were cold, he wouldn't take his clothes off."
My son's 26 now, and still somewhat of a free spirit with little or no modesty! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 04:28 AM   #32  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At the beach my 2yo son had just gotten up and had a shower as we were still getting ready for the day. I came out to the condo living room to find him still naked laying back on an ottoman with his hands behind his head. He had opened up the floor to ceiling drapes to the windows that face the pool area and was just chillin' for all to see.

He could not care less about being naked, and will often take off his clothes and come downstairs with the announcement, "I have surprise for you!"

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 04:46 AM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

I can't decide which is my favorite...

because you parked the car on the roof or I've got a surprise for you! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2004, 04:55 AM   #34  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

between the Arthur thread yesterday and now my son's story, I am sure my house sounds a little odd. My son and DH are normal, they just have a crazy woman that lives with them who loves to laugh!

Reply With Quote Likes