Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-09-2004, 06:17 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default School starts soon--time to stamp

OK, my kids (including my BABY ) start school in 3 1/2 weeks. I will miss them terribly, as I really do enjoy having them home...but, once school starts I will finally have lots of time to really get "inky" with my new stamps. I have just been itching to make some set samplers up and really get going, but there is just so much going on during the summer and with the kids home all day. I do still get down to my stamp room, but only for little "snippets" . I am getting anxious. How about you?
Michelle
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 06:19 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

NOOOOOOO!!!!! I need a few more weeks to stamp.....I am a librarian at an elementary school and therefore if the kids are going back to school soon, that means I will have less time to stamp! :(

Oh well.....I have to support my hobby!

Jana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 06:43 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I'm with you Jana! I'm a first grade teacher and summer is quickly coming to a close. Without a doubt I get more stamping done during the summer. I'm hoping to devote a couple FULL days to stamping this week b/c after that I have to start thinking about school

Ashley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 06:51 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

I wondered how so many of you were having so much time playing with your new stuff...you do it just the opposite of me. You use the summer. I use the fall and winter. We all make time when we can :lol:
Like I said...I am getting antsy though.
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 07:26 AM   #5  
Total Quack

We homeschool, so I have to work around the kids all year long. I've got my craft room set up so that the kids can work up there if they choose to. I can stamp, and they can work. Gotta love it!

Photography Site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 07:33 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm the same as you Michelle, my most productive stampin'and scrappin' tiem comes in the fall/winter. Right now I just get started and one of the girls comes needing something or we have somewhere to have to go. *sigh* I hate to rush time and have them back in school as I do love having my girls around (most of the time! LOL!) but I really am missing my habit! Ha!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 07:52 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

My children went back today! Even my baby. And I am anxious to hear how she did! I pray that she will be okay this year. WE were a little apprehensive about sending her.
I am trying to figure out how I am going to have time to stamp! I have a full schedule this fall even with my children in school! And somehow I gotta fit cleaning and laundry in there. I really have to be wise with my time this year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 08:01 AM   #8  
Watercolor Wizard

My children when back last Thursday, this is the fist year I'm home alone.

I'm still trying to adjust! Did I actually say that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 11:14 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Oh no! Summer is over for me as of tomorrow morning. I am a teacher and have to report to school at 8 a.m. UGH! This summer flew by too fast for me. I will be back to stamping in the evenings and on the weekends. :(

Laney
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 11:34 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default No kidding

I can't wait too my daughter goes back on a week from today!!
Monday I hope to get all my cleaning done so i'll have the rest of the week to stamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait! Maybe i'll catch up on some scrapbooking!!!
-Andrea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 02:40 PM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My DH is a high school teacher in the district we live in, so I have not only my small kids, but my big one too at home during the summer :lol:

About this time of year, I simply can't wait for the all to go back to school, LOL! My house is a pit since with all of us home all the time it just gets dirty very quickly. I cleaned the kitchen floor this morning; spent some time at it actually since all the kids went to VBS and does it look clean now? No it does not. Grrrr!

I can't depend on getting the washing machine during the summer when I want because ten to one my DH decides that today is the day HE is going to do his laundry (yeah, it's great I know, but it can be frustrating too!) and then I have to put off whatever plans I had to get anything done as far as laundry. And it's that way with other chores...I can't plan on doing anything since he gets it in his head that he wants to do something with all of us and off we go.

And at this time of year, the kids are all starting to get BORED and starting to fight with each other...more than they already do, LOL! Calgon, take me away!

This year, though, my kids are all starting at a Catholic private school since the local elementary has gone down the tubes. WHich means that DH goes back on the 23rd, but my kids, who would normally start 2 days after that, won't be going back until the 30th of August! And my soon-to-be-kindergartner doesn't actually start until the 2nd and then only for a half day after which all my kids get the Friday before Labor Day as well as that MOnday off! So my first day of official freedom will be September 7th. That is the day that ALL my kids will ALL be in school ALL DAY, yep, even the big one and the littlest one since they have a full day kindergarten at this school. I think I will celebrate by going out to a local stamp store, treating myself to lunch ALONE, and taking a nice nap in the afternoon. The next day...ah, then I'll start stamping!

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 02:44 PM   #12  
Forum Fanatic

Mine started back over a week ago. NC starts very early and only get 2 months off before going back. Amazing how different the start dates are all around.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 03:44 PM   #13  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tutor 7th and 8th graders in math and science (and occasionally English and social studies!), so I'm heading back to school the first week of September. Ugh! Summer's just not long enough. To make matters worse, we're headed to California for a week's vacation just before school starts. That means even less stamping time for me before I'm back at work. :(
I'm debating whether or not to do Homework Club again this year. It's two after school sessions each week for the school year. The extra money would be nice (more $$$ for stamps!), but I'm not sure I want to give up my free time. :?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2004, 04:57 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

DD goes back next Wednesday. Better yet, DH is taking DS (5 yo) on a trip for a week because DS doesn't start preschool until after Labor Day. When DD is in school all day, I am going to do some serious stamping and scrapbooking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 02:51 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

I'm with Jana, Ashley, and Laney. I'm a fifth grade teacher, so less stamping for me now. HOWEVER, lots of opportunities to use stamping to encourage students, parents, and fellow staffmembers! See, there is a bright side....now, just finding the time...Hmmmmmm.....

Mandy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 03:03 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Kendra,

Does that serious stamping and scrapbooking include the 21st!! I can't wait to get started.

Michelle Y
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 03:41 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am one of those who is EXTREMELY excited for school to start!! I'm not ready for all the homework and chauffering I will have to start doing again, but I will like the break!

I am anxious for some serious stamping time! One of my kids starts on monday and the other a week from Monday. YIPEE!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 08:22 PM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

Default School!

I'm a middle school band teacher and have to go back soon! Well, I really starting working again after July 4th weekend with marching band. I just got into a stamping groove and now I have to change my groove to after school rehearsals and grading papers! lol. Hopefully, I'll find a good pocket of time to stamp. Also, I use stamping in my classroom. The kids in my general music classes get to use markers, crayons and rubber stamps to decorate their music folder with a music theme! I love seeing the collage work and creativity. The art teacher is next door and one of my dear friends...be friends with an art teacher...you can learn and experiment a lot with leftovers!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2004, 08:28 PM   #19  
Gallery Gazer

Default Stamping and Scrapbooking...

Just an idea...I have seen a lot of teachers incorporate stamping and scrapbooking into their curriculum. It gives some of the students who need a creative outlet the relaxation of that as well as learning the material their need to gather for a project or a series of lessons. It has been done beautifully by math, science, language arts and social studies/history teachers. Art and music are endless areas to use these fun tools as well!!

Morissa
Reply With Quote Likes