Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-31-2005, 09:20 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU Demostrators

I am not a demo yet, but was wondering if there is a way 2 people could share being one? I'm no sure I could make the quota by myself.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 09:33 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

There is no way to "share" that I know of. Only one person can file tax information.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 09:35 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default SU Demonstrators

You'll be surprised at how easy it is to meet the quota. Once friends and family find out you do SU they will be curious and word will spread out. I would say that it would be best to sign up by yourself. I was thinking of doing the same with my sister, and both my brother in-law and hubby were "against" it.

So, don't be afraid about meeting the "quarterly quota". Start advertising now about your future plan. If you have little ones, "school" is a great place to share the news. My upline has a lot of customers from her kids school. Also, church is another good place, and along wiht that the School PTA.

Good luck,

Ana Malick ')
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 09:44 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm pretty sure you can only have a spouse as a partner sharing the "burden" of the quarterly quotas.

However, there are lots of creative ways you could meet the $300/quarter minimum. Maybe you have a friend or two that you could offer to extend the 20% discount to, if they can help you meet the quarterly minimum. You'd still be the official demonstrator, and have to take care of the ordering, record-keeping, and "official" business end of it.

There's also lots of talk about "Stamp Clubs" where you get a group of folks together once a month or every other month. The members of the group agree to spend a certain amount of $$, (depending on how many people you have). Then you pick names out of a hat for each meeting for one person to be the "hostess" and that person would get the free sets and free merchandise based on sales.

Other good things to know:
* Your $300 minimum is waived for the quarter in which you sign up. So if you were to sign up in April (and get $30 off the Starter Kit, by the way!), you wouldn't have to make the $300 amount until during the July, Aug, Sept quarter.
* It's $300 in sales BEFORE your discount, but does not include shipping and handling, and tax.
* The quarters don't carry over -- for example, if you sold $600 in the April-June quarter, you'd need another $300 for July-Sept.

Sorry so long-winded but hopefully it helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 10:00 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinderteacher
Your $300 minimum is waived for the quarter in which you sign up. So if you were to sign up in April (and get $30 off the Starter Kit, by the way!), you wouldn't have to make the $300 amount until during the July, Aug, Sept quarter.
So, if I sign up in April and get the $30 off, and wait till the August or September to do my first order, do I still get 30% off that first order, or is there a cutoff time to get that initial 30%off order?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 03:29 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

You can get 30% instant income (or discount) on your first hostess order when placed within 45 days of when SU! receives your paperwork. The hostess order can be from an actual party, or it can just be an order you place for yourself of at least $150 or more. As with the $300 quarter quota, it's $150 in actual merchandise, exluding tax, shipping and handling.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 03:34 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I believe it's now 60 days to place your first 30% off order.
Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 08:44 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Default 2 can do it!

My mother is a SU demonstrator and I, her 19 year old daughter help her.
We primarilly are demonstrators to support our habit! We couldn't make the quota until we found a club that works. You find ten people to commit for ten months the first month only there is a twenty dollar set up fee as well as fifteen dollar fee. Then for the next nine months everyone pays fifteen dollars a month. Each meeting, once a month, you choose one person's name out of a hat and they are the hostess that month. Including the first month. So they have 150 dollars to spend that month and then it alternates. You make your quota and everyone in the end pays 150 just spread out over ten months fifteen a month. Plus you get the hostess set.
Also at these meetings we have prepared three make and takes. Everything is cut and ready to go it just needs to be assembled. Our meetings usually last two hours. It is a great system and works well. If you have questions just let me know! Good luck
Stamp Club For Cards

What is a stamp club? STAMP CLUB IS LOTS OF FUN AND NEW IDEAS!
Stamp clubs are generated by people wanting to get together to stamp and have lots of fun.

ADVANTAGES OF “A CLUB�?
• A get together with friends and not feel someone has to have “a show�?.
• A set day of the month to meet (sometimes the location may rotate).
• Hands-on projects… “Make and take�? home 2 to 3 projects each meeting.
• Supplies are cut and ready to assemble with demonstrator – bring your own adhesive. NOTE: There is a one-time fee for supplies of $20.00 per person – paid at the first class.
• Club fee paid each monthly meeting – the amount to be determined prior to stamp club (option of tax, s/h to be included in monthly fee) a contract is signed by each member.
• You collect the current catalog or mini catalog. Own the current catalog? You will receive the current OR new one when released (1 catalog per person per session). Postage for out of town members is an additional $2.
• Pre-selected “hostess�? (drawing held at the first meeting to determine the hostess for each month). Each club is a minimum 6 members. A member does not have to attend all meetings but is required to pay club fees by a scheduled date – like banking money until your turn as hostess.
• Hostess spends $150 in the Stampin Up! Catalogs
Everyone in the club (club money is collected monthly for the hostess to spend) will have a turn as “hostess�? and will be able to spend the minimum $150 (this will include tax, shipping & handling). Anyone out of town can belong to stamp club & will abide by the same rules, projects can be made and mailed for a nominal fee of $2.00. (This also applies to anyone unable to attend a meeting).

Currently I have openings in a Stamp Camp that meets at my home the first Tuesday evening of each month from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm. When the class is full, I will create a waiting list and/or start another class once I have enough people.
Hope it is helpful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 02:28 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Default Re: SU Demostrators

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsmom
I am not a demo yet, but was wondering if there is a way 2 people could share being one? I'm no sure I could make the quota by myself.
No - you cannot "share" being a demo - but you could offer your discount to the other person. She can't go out and demo in place of you, but she can help you make that minimum!

$300 a quarter is one decent workshop - without you spending a dime. If you can have one workshop per month, you will have no problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 02:29 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

xxx
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 04:26 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

We have a couple of gals by me that do share their demoship, but SU does not recognize it as such. They get one demo number, they just split everything. They do the workshops together, split the costs of materials, split the profit, but I think only one declares it on her taxes. Then if they get moey back they split it. One group, is sisters and the other pairs I know are just good friends. I know some pairs who have started out together and then one ended up signing up under the other as a recruit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 07:41 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

Kamaile - thanks for that great info!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 07:47 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Default zippystamper

I found in the January issue of Stampin' Success that a new demo's sales from the first partial quarter now accumulate toward the first quartertly minimum. Also the 30% on the first hostess order is good for 45 days after their start date for US Demos and 60 for Canada because they have to wait longer to get their kits.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 08:51 AM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

Go for it kid.....you will LOVE it!!!!! It is the best thing that I have EVER done for me..and I have met some WONDERFUL people!! Like Shelli ALWAYS says, it is all about relationships!!!!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2005, 08:00 AM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by vz5dzh
We have a couple of gals by me that do share their demoship, but SU does not recognize it as such. They get one demo number, they just split everything. They do the workshops together, split the costs of materials, split the profit, but I think only one declares it on her taxes. Then if they get moey back they split it. One group, is sisters and the other pairs I know are just good friends. I know some pairs who have started out together and then one ended up signing up under the other as a recruit.
But I think the the "demo" that isn't listed cannot do workshops selling SU without the listed "demo". Did that make sense? If you are doing it to buy stuff for yourselves and want to do workshops together, it could work. If it gets to the point where you want to do things independently of each other, she could be your first recruit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-03-2005, 08:42 AM   #16  
Glitter Queen

Default person who reply guest

to the person who reply guest..please send me a message..

thanks
Reply With Quote Likes