Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-30-2005, 12:59 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long..

has Farm Fresh pg. 161 been around? What about All Wrapped Up from pg. 119? Also You Warm My Heart on pg. 102

I am trying to make guesses on what I should order in my starter kit based on what might retire.

I already have Summer by the Sea, Simply Circles, Lovely as a Tree, Something to Celebrate, Shapes and Shadow, Fishy Friends, Sincere Salutations, Wonderful Words, Garden Collage (why does this say limited collection? It probably won't be in the new catty?), Alpahbits, Flower Garden and several of the background stamps - Beyond the basics, Petite Patterns, and Fresh Fillers. Since I have all those, do I really need Itty Bitty? Great start to demo with right?

I LOVE Hedgehog Happiness but I saw that is from 2000 so that will probably retire right? I really want that one though and if I already have good starter sets, do I HAVE to make all perfect business decisions? I really like You Warm My Heart and Farm Fresh. Do these demo well for anyone? My upline says no for her but how about you?

I am going to get Sparkling Summer as my $24.95 choice. I don't want All Year Cheer. I want Cheery Chat. How long has that been out, does it demo well, and what are your guesses on if it will retire or not? Also instead of Itty Bitty I want Cute Critters from pg. 100. How long has that been around? Bad choice?

I am sending in my paper work April 1st so please help me!!!

Jen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 01:02 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I know All Wrapped Up is new to this catty. It was my first purchase from this one!

A.

Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 01:07 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: My very hot stamp room, in Phoenix! It's a dry heat.

Wow, you have a lot of great sets to start with. Since you do, I think you should go ahead and get the sets you really like. It is really impossible to be perfectly accurate about what will retire anyway. Go for it! Have fun stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 01:07 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Farm Fresh was also new this year
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 01:36 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Default Re: How long..

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamping_jen
has Farm Fresh pg. 161 been around? What about All Wrapped Up from pg. 119? Also You Warm My
Heart
on pg. 102

I already have Summer by the Sea, Simply Circles, Lovely as a Tree, Something to Celebrate, Shapes and Shadow, Fishy Friends, Sincere Salutations, Wonderful Words, Garden Collage (why does this say limited collection? It probably won't be in the new catty?), Alpahbits, Flower Garden and several of the background stamps - Beyond the basics, Petite Patterns, and Fresh Fillers. Since I have all those, do I really need Itty Bitty? Great start to demo with right?

I LOVE Hedgehog Happiness but I saw that is from 2000 so that will probably retire right? I really want that one though and if I already have good starter sets, do I HAVE to make all perfect business decisions? I really like You Warm My Heart and Farm Fresh. Do these demo well for anyone? My upline says no for her but how about you?

Also instead of Itty Bitty I want Cute Critters from pg. 100. How long has that been around? Bad choice?

Jen
Farm Fresh was in a mini and this is the first year in the big catalog. All Wrapped Up...first year and You Warm My Heart...second year. But they sometimes retire things after one year. Examples from 2003-2004...Fairyland, both cat & dog sets. Bottom line is probably trends & sales.

Cute Critters was a hostess set and then new in the catalog last year.

There much older sets in the catalog ....Wonderful Wings has been around a long time. I love it and hope they don't retire it but if they do, I'll keep it for my personal use. Get the sets you want for yourself, they are the ones you will demo well. Retirement time always looms over demos at this time, just remember you stamp first because you love it!

Splitcoast member #803
My Gallery
Read my LATEST STORY on OurEcho.com
http://www.ourecho.com/biography-200...rie-Hyle.shtml
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 01:43 PM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Get the ones you like....even if you can't use them to demo you can still play!! Also I keep all my stamps, even retired, so that if I have a girls night my friends can come use them or rent them out...So if you do pick out ones that retire you aren't stuck with them. It sounds like you've got ones already that should be sticking around.

Good Luck and have fun!!

Mindy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 01:46 PM   #7  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a quick not eaboyt Cheery Chat-it was a featured set in the September sale and many speculate that it may be on its way out. NOt for sure of course, but just an idea

You may want to pick a floral set like Watercolor Garden 2 in its place since you don;t seem to have many 2 step stamping ones (or Terrific Tulips)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 02:05 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Just a suggestion, "All Natural" and "In Full Bloom" seem to have wide appeal, and "Canvas" has lots of fans, too. All Natural was a hostess in 2004 and in the 2005 catalog. IFB new in 2005, Canvas was in Winter 2004 mini and have heard it will be in catalog - but am not certain.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 02:35 PM   #9  
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

I have and love Hedgehog Happiness - BUT they did retire both the Halloween Hedgies and the Christmas Hedgies last year... Something to think about whether it'll stay for another year or not.

Garden College IS a limited edition. It was a hostess set from a mini. They will NOT make it into the IBC.

I'm guessing Cute Critters will retire next year - I have it and love it though - but you just don't see that many samples with it.

I agree about getting a 2-step set. I think you can do a lot with those.

Congrats on becoming a demo and GOOD LUCK on your decisions - and NO they don't all have to be "business" ones. What's our statement of the heart? to love what we do and share what we love....

take care,
elizabeth

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 03:36 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

I forgot to say that I had All Natural, In Full Bloom, and Canvas!!! They were sitting in the bedroom when I looked at the others in my scraproom to tell you what I had. I want you to do know that is was because of YOU GUYS that I made those choices. I "listened" to what others were asking and the answers you were giving and my upline is the best and gives perfect advice. If feel totally set except for the words and I have sincere salutations so I'll just stick with that one. I am planning on getting Terrific Tulips. I don't "get" Watercolor Garden. I am thinking of getting it because it is so popular but what if I suck at using it? I really like Watercolor Garden I better but is there a chance it will retire or what about the II? If the set intimidates the heck out of me, will I ever use it if it retires? Ok, how about Simple Sketches? For some reason that doesn't intimitate me as much. How long has that been around? Oh geez, I am stressing...CALGON!!!! I can't let this do this to me, it is stupid. I LOVE the thought of becoming a demo, I am so excited I can't even tell you. I have to take a chill pill for real. I will do as you say since I already have such great sets. I will get what I want. Please do give me your advice though on Simple Sketches, and WCG I. I will definitely go with Terrific Tulips even though I don't really "get" how to do that one either but I will learn when it gets here. I will get one for sure that I want and I guess that will be Fresh Farm since it is new and no one has said anything about the other one I like so much - You Warm My Heart.
Thanks guys!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 03:53 PM   #11  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I chose All Wrapped Up as one of my starter kit sets back in Nov and then purchased the Accessories to go with it right away as well. My customers love it! When you are all signed up you'll get back issues of Stampin' Success magazine and one of them actually has a set sampler for All Wrapped up in there. I think its a great, very versatile set.

The other sets I chose were Toy Box (I have two sons and thought it would be great for scrapbooking with, but its also made some awesome birthday cards!), Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Fun With Shapes, All Year Cheer II.

My customers, for what its worth, all love Farm Fresh, and I used it to demo an adorable thank you card.

Its an agonizing decision which sets to choose, but try not to stress too much over it...you'll be getting MANY more sets soon I'm sure! I started out with only 3 sets before I got my kit, and now have 30 in only 4 months time! (not including my March Forward sale items that should arrive today or tomorrow!).

Terri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 04:04 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

I worry a little about You Warm My Heart....there don't seem to be many samples posted ( and most of them are mine!) And I find it a difficult and sometimes frustrating set to work with. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at the design...but can never get the first draft to work (or second, sometimes third) I keep working with it and have cards I'm happy with...but never any I want to demo. dont' want to scare you off but just a caution.

If you don't 'get' Terrific Tulips, don't buy it just to demostrate 2-step. Some sets just never work for some people

Splitcoast member #803
My Gallery
Read my LATEST STORY on OurEcho.com
http://www.ourecho.com/biography-200...rie-Hyle.shtml
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 04:31 PM   #13  
Glitter Queen

Itty Bitty Backgrounds is the greatest of all the background sets. I use it on at least 75% of all my work. AND I do not have a customer in my base that I have not sold it to!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 06:51 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by weeder1
Itty Bitty Backgrounds is the greatest of all the background sets. I use it on at least 75% of all my work. AND I do not have a customer in my base that I have not sold it to!
I did change some of my sets for the kit, but I really do think Itty Bitty is a must.
There are so many times that the largest piece of card stock just needs a bit of something, and I use it all the time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2005, 07:15 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, what about Simple Sketches? How long has it been around and do you think WCG I will be gone?
Reply With Quote Likes