Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-06-2004, 03:17 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many mommies of twins are here?

I've noticed there are a couple of mommies of twins here at SCS. I have 3-year-old twin boys and recently a couple that we are friends with found out they are exptecting twins in February. Anyone want to share their experiences, stories or anything else? I've actually thought about hosting a swap for MOT, but wasn't sure how to go about creating a card with twins as the theme. Any suggestions?

Janice

www.cafemom.com/home/VoreisTwins
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 03:48 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

I posted about this awhile back - turns out there is a bunch of us that are multiply blessed (or cursed depending on the day)

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

I would love to participate in a twin card swap - what about twin baby cards - I belong to a twins club and would love some cards to send to our new moms once they have delivered...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 03:57 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jenmouer
what about twin baby cards -
That is a great idea. Although I do not have twins, I am one (actually a triplet) I would love to participate if this comes to fruition!

SCS member #7026
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 06:38 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

ME! I'm a mom of 5 boys.. but my id boys are 3.5.. James and Wyatt.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 06:43 AM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Default twins

Hi , I'm the mom of three, a soon to be six year old girl, and set of mono-mono twin girls who just turned four on the fourth of July. Talk about stories, I have a great one. Too long to post here though.

Can't wait to chat some more. Running to the ENT with one of the twins who had a hearing loss at birth.... good noews hearing is within the normal limits..

Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 06:56 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Me too..

I'm also a mother of twin boys (fraternal) who will be 5 in October. Wow, where has the time gone??? I also have an older son who is 8 1/2.

I'd love to do a twin card swap! I actually received one in a baby swap I joined a few months ago. She used two pieces of patterned paper to make diapers hanging on a line...too cute!

Brandi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 07:09 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I've got 'em. I've got 4 boys, 13, fraternal twins 9.5, youngest 6.5 (his birthday is the day after the twins, plus three years)

Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 07:34 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Does having grandtwins count?
Julian and Jeana will be 4 this october.
Since they are a boy & girl, I love using retired stamps like:
Fall for All, Snow Angels, Rainy Days, From the Heart, and Beach Babies to make cards.
Love to do a twinners swap, if grammas are included.
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 09:35 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Sure, Grandmas are included, too!
Does anyone have any photos of cards for twins they would like to share? I am really stumped on what to do!
Here's someting interesting about my twin boys:
As I mentioned earlier they are 3. Their speech is delayed, but getting better by the day! When they talk about each other, they will call each other Zach!
Another question for mommies (and grandmommies!) about their multiples: When they were infants, were you constantly the center of attention? We felt almost like local celebrities when we would go somewhere with the boys. We could never go through a store without people stopping to look and ask questions. We didn't mind, though, and would answer their inquiries. Now that the boys are older, it doesn't happen nearly as much. Probably because they aren't always dressed alike anymore. I guess it is something of a sight to see a woman carrying two baby carriers! The most attention I received was when I flew from Alaska to Indiana when the boys were 4 months old...by myself! So many people would offer to help, but I usually turned them down nicely. Like I would hand off a baby to a stranger! :shock:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 09:50 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Hi ladies,
I am blessed with twin fraternal boys.. Sean and Michael.
they will be 3 Sept 20 and love Thomas the Tank Engine

I made the cutest faters day card... if we get a swap going i will
make it for the swap

congrats to all of you moms and grandmas of multiples.. i too belong to a a multiples group CMOMS (charlotte mothers of multiples) it is a great resource.

have a blessed x 2 day!!! ~ shari
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 09:53 AM   #11  
Glitter Guru

My girls are 3 - turned 3 in April - they to have been behind in speech but it has rapidly improved the last 2 months or so - now we can understand about 70% instead of 30% of what they say...

We were always the center of attention - to top it off I have a blonde hair blue eyed one and a brown hair brown eyed one - people were always asking me if I was sure they were twins - ya know I think I would know.
I really enjoyed going to events sponsored by my twins club then you didn't have to answer so many questions.

the only cards I have seen in stores are cards for congrats cards for after the babies are born.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 09:53 AM   #12  
Matboard Maniac

oh and i forgot to mention a book for you all to read anyone will enjoy it but its about a triplet family. The dad is writing the book and it is HYSTERICAL!!!!! i could not put it down... and what reminded me of it is there is a chapter in there talking about being the "local celebrity" too funny!!!!!!!!!

"I sleep at red lights" Bruce Stockler.... very very funny and i could relate to so much... LOL read!!!

let me know if you read it and what you think

~ shari
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 10:02 AM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

Default Moms of twins

Hi all! I, too, have twins - boy/girl who are 8.5 years old. I can't believe they'll be starting 3rd grade next week!

For those with younger ones, it does get easier! As past President of our local twins club, they are a wonderful resource. Latch (lol) onto someone who has kids about a year older than yours and they'll be a wealth of information for what's coming up with your kids.

Yes I remember those days when they were the center of attention. I still laugh at those that asked if they were identical! I'd always answer "Not the last time I changed their diapers!"

I, too, would love to participate in a swap for twins cards.

Have a twincerely day!
Melonie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 10:04 AM   #14  
Mad Swapper

I remeber when the boys were small and we were at a well baby checkup. I brought up my concern with the dr. about their speech. He told me they should go through a "speech explosion" at about 18 months to 2 years. I am pretty sure we are finally getting that explosion! The boy's biggest problem with their speech was not using the hard endings, such as "dah" for dog. But they are progressing and have started using some of the hard endings lately, usually words with the letter "n" at the end. Ironically, Ethan's first hard ending was "zoon" for zoo!

Quote:

people were always asking me if I was sure they were twins - ya know I think I would know.
I, too, have experienced some really dumb questions or comments concerning the twins. One instance that really stands out is a woman commenting "You don't need two, let me take one home!" :shock: I know she was just kidding, but come on! People can really lose their brains when twins are around!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 10:14 AM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

Regarding speech.

Sean has exploded in the past 4 mths but michael is just exploding now.. he is sooo funny.. he can say trouble, train but when he says truck he says "f@#k".... now of course that is a bad word but ... that coming out of that mouth with that lil munchkin voice is too funny... then to top it all off he can't say dump... so if he sees a dump truck it sounds like dumb f@@k... i know i shouldn't laugh.. but it is funny.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 10:21 AM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

Default twins

I have 3 1/2 year old boy girl twins- Aidan and Gracie- who are quite a handful :o) My son LOVES Thomas trains and my daughter loves butterfly princess fairy ballerinas. I can't wait to order Pretty Princess in Sept! I'd love to do a multiples card swap, though I've never done a swap before. I'm sure my swap-expert friend Jenni (Jenmouer) can help me out ;o)
Meg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 11:56 AM   #17  
Mad Swapper

Thomas The Train must be a huge hit with the 3-year-old bracket. My boys have lots of the characters and a couple of track sets. My neighbor has a boy who just turned 3 last weekend. His grandmother spent an entire year buying all the Thomas wooden railway stuff. I mean, this boy has everything! Grandma must have spent a couple grand on the trains. Needless to say, my boys love going over there to play!

As for the swap: How many are interested? If we can get at least five participants, the swap is a go. Also, any suggestions on what sets to use for a twins theme card?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 12:17 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

how many of the mommies with boy/girl twins get asked this question? "Are they identicle?" I roll my eyes everytime some one asks if my brother and I are identicle. Either he has some extra or I am missing something is my response. LOL! It cracks me up...they always feel so embarrassed after :oops:

SCS member #7026
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 05:25 PM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

I have 2 year old boy/boy twins.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 06:10 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

At least 100 times in the past 3 years, my daughter-in-love has been asked if her boy-girl twins are identical!
Funny!
They have different color eyes, one is taller, one is wider, different texture hair, different skin tones...on and on...the only thing the same is their hair color, and people still ask. We just smile.
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 06:35 PM   #21  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Twins

I have twins, too! But mine are on the older side now...my daughters are 16. Little baby twins are a lot of work, toddlers are too, but so much fun....teenagers are quite a headache! I posted on the other thread about the "joys" of having 2 16 year old girls!

I remember very well my "popularity" when rolling them through the mall in their stroller. EVERYONE had advice! And EVERYONE had questions! I remember one very important piece of advice I received from another mom of twins, who's children were older than mine....be polite and answer their questions, BUT keep on rolling! Don't stop, because when you do, it's almost like they have a captive audience!

Answering all those questions and listening to all those many, many comments from all those well-meaning people really cut into the very little bit of time I had to do whatever I needed to accomplish between feedings, changing diapers, or whatever. So, DON'T STOP! They'll get the message and after the first time or two, you really won't feel all that rude...you'll feel liberated!

Barbara Dondero
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 06:57 PM   #22  
Glitter Queen

Default wow I thought I was one of the few with speech delayed twins

My twins are boy/girl and turn 4 November 3rd...
They are both speech delayed but we finally got to an amazing ENT this past March and found out that William was 90% deaf in both ears primarily due to fluid that just wouldn't go away. Bella was 50-60% in both ears ..same reason. In April they both had tubes put in and I can say that in the last few weeks they have both finally surged in language!
Both kids also have some sensory issues (very very common) and we started doing some work with an OT and that really helped with teh language.
Most days I love being a mom of twins.. but man there are many a time out in public where I feel like I'm a freak show. And I can't believe some of the stupid comments and questions people ask. Some of them are just too shocking.
Still I wouldn't change a thing because after 3 long years of trying they are my miracle babies. And finally hearing Bella say " I love you" a few months ago was the BEST thing ever!!!!!

As for a swap I would love it.. but maybe not only new baby multiple cards but what about birthday cards too. I'm so sick of getting cards with the peapod thing! =)
Course new mom cards are great too because I'm very active on the board of our twins club.. GOMOMs (greater oakland mothers of multiples)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 10:49 PM   #23  
Kookie Creator

Oh Shari, I about fell off my chair, that is hysterical. :lol: It's so hard not to laugh at them when they are so innocent. My twins are 5 1/2 boy/girl, can't believe kindergarten is right around the corner. Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 11:22 PM   #24  
Mad Swapper

I would still like to host a swap for all the mommies and grandmommies of twins. All I need is a tally of who wants to join. If interested, email me:
[email protected]

On another subject, one of the best advise I received from another mommy of twins was what she did when she didn't qualify for WIC (which is such a blessing to have): She went through her entire house looking up all the companies that manufacture anything to do with babies. She then found their addresses (this is where the Internet is very helpful), wrote to each company asking if they had any kind of multiples program. I did this and even though none of the companies had any kind of program, they all sent something in return. We received bibs, growth charts, books, and best of all coupons! One baby food company (I think it was Heinz) sent coupons for baby food, some of which were for free food! They would send the coupons periodically. Huggies did the same thing, though none were for free stuff. But for the first two years we received coupons for diapers, wipes and pull-ups. We were so greatful for this bit of information we told friends of ours to do the same when they just recently found out they are expecting twins. Every little bit helps, and this was a big help for us, especially being first-time parents!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2004, 02:18 PM   #25  
Stampin' Fool

I always used to say that I'd be wealthy if I had a dollar for every time someone asked if my boys were identical. One of them had CURLY hair for crying out loud. People still ask me sometimes now that they're 9.5. One is tall and slim, the other is about 4 inches shorter and stocky. Go figure.

We were always celebrities at the mall and the grocery store. People just love twins for some reason. I finally got to the point where I'd walk through the mall with my head down if I was in a hurry. I found that if I didn't make eye contact, no one would talk to me.

Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2004, 07:04 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

I too am the mother of twins but my boys are now nearly 30. They have a sister who is eleven months older so I have three all born in the one year. Life was hectic for quite a while!! The boys were very alike when younger but not so much now.
My husband has a twin sister but we never dreamt we would have twins!!
Cheers, Jean [Australia]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2004, 09:33 PM   #27  
Mad Swapper

We are always asked if our boys are identical, even when it is so obvious they are! The next question is almost always "How do you tell them apart?"
I do find that people seem to be more curious when the boys are dressed alike. Today they weren't anywhere near being dressed the same and even though we were out and about, not one person stopped to ask if they were twins. Should have stopped dressing them alike years ago! But I couldn't help it, it's just too much fun to do!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-08-2004, 09:22 AM   #28  
Die Cut Diva

but when he says truck he says "f@#k".

My oldest Cameron who is now 15 and speaking fine, had the same exact problem at the same time his grandpa got a new truck, so every one got to hear "grandpas got a big F&@k"

oooppp

oh and ice cream sounded much more like a&& cream!!!

In fact silly hubby still calls it that at times to get a giggle out of Cam.

Denise
Reply With Quote Likes