Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-27-2005, 07:12 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Card Magazine

Hi I just wondered if anyone here has found a magazine that I could subscribe to that is great for card making or rubber stamps. So many magazines are full of ads and other junk. Thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 07:26 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I have never seen one - they are all full of ads....that's what pays for the magazine!

I get all I need on the internet and from my SU magazine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 07:35 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

I highly recommend the stampers' sampler and Take Ten magazines. They are GREAT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 07:37 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love Paper Crafts and Stamp IT, Paper crafts is I think 8 issues for $15.97 may be $2 more now., I hate those little cards for subscriptions in my magazines, so already tore them out. They use a lot of SU products in them. THere are also just a few card books out there. Joy of Card Making is the newest, Card Creations and Card Creations vol. 2 Ivy Cottage has one that is called Creatable Cards & Tags, and the original one i have is Becky Higgins Creatable Cards. Yopu can find most of these on the papercraftsmag.com website. These run around $14.95 for the most part, but can be bought on sale at Michaels with a coupon, or sometimes your local scrapbook store. Hope this helps, i have used them over and over, they have some wonderful ideas. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 07:49 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Take Ten ( almost all card samples) Stamp It is GREAT for card makers
and Papercrafts..................my favorites
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 08:27 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

Believe it or not, I look at almost every add in my magazines. It is a good way to look for new products and find some great companies and publications that you might otherwise never know about. And I take a number of magazines: Rubber Stamper, Quilting Arts, Polymer Cafe, Cloth-Paper-Scissors, PaperCrafts, Legacy, and Expression.

A couple of months ago, the company that makes our Roller Guide, ClearSnap I think, had a full page add on the back cover. And, the guide was shown at $2 more than we buy it for from SU. :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 09:32 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

If you can, look at some of the UK magazines, they are really good. We have ones like Craft Stamper, Card Making and Papercraft, Quick Cards Made Easy, Creative Card Making Ideas and Simply Cards and Papercraft (this is a new one and is my personal favourite). Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I get about 8 or 9 magazines a month, they cost me an absolute fortune :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 09:33 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Stamping and scrapbooking magazines are the only magazines I look at the ads in. The ad will usually give a website address where I find wonderful stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 09:56 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

I agree, I LOVE the ads in the Stamping magazines - it is the only way I can see what is new in this "deprived stamping supply" area I live in :-)

I subscribe to PaperCrafts and pick up issues of Stamp It and others at the drug store.

HeatherJ
SCS Member #2067
Blog - http://stampthedayaway.blogspot.ca/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 10:17 AM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Default magazines

you could go back and look at some of the backisssues on some of the magazines.they do come out with special issues every year with just samples of cards.I have quite a few of them but you would have to check online from magazines like paper crafts in one that sells an issue with just cards,no advertisements.and the take ten magazine I just ordered myself.I was told it carries alot of su cards samples in it.

Or you can go back and find some older issues if SU THAT ARE FILLED WITH CARD SAMPLES.people sell them on e-bay and in the buy sell trade section right here on SCS.i HAVE BOUGHT A LOT ON HERE.

I do still also like to see some advertisements because it's a great way to see any new upcoming products as well as any new techniques.people on SCS are always looking for new techniques to try out.

you can also do a search on the internet for srubber stamping and you will get lts of rubber stamping sites for ideas.but so far I have found that SCS is the one I always came back toofor all my ideas.there's just 1000's and 1000's of ideas right here on SCS.You really can't find a better place for ideas if your looking for SU stamp sets.other than the retired catalogs and mini catalogs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 10:42 AM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

I concur about loving the ads. There are always great ideas in the ads that you don't see anywhere else.

When I first started buying SU! products, I went back through five years of scrapping magazines and pulled out all the old SU! ads to put in an idea file -- these are cards and layouts and such that are long gone, but some of the stamps are still available. They were a goldmine of ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 11:21 AM   #12  
Crimping Master

Default magazines

I LOVE PaperCrafts!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 01:00 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Default answering the original question

Try Papercrafts or Stamp it. Both are great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 01:20 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

I love Papercrafts and Stamp It. I usually subscribe to magazines I have purchased at the store and like because if they get pricey. I was on this site the other day and a couple of ladies were talking about a new card agazine coming out that was offering a free trial issue. You would have to look for it because I am new and have no way to pos it for you. Good Luck
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 01:52 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

NOT trying to bash you, but I've never understood it when people say they don't like the ads in magazines. For me, even when I was reading fashion magazines (and now even MORE so that I'm reading stamping and crafting magazines!), the ads are one of my favorite parts! You can get great ideas from them, and they show you new products and techniques all the time!

I did used to dislike the smaller "classified"-type ads in the backs of the stamping magazines, until I realized that lots of them have Web sites that you can go to for ideas and cool samples and stuff.

The companies that are doing the advertising have their own design teams, so those ads can be a GREAT resource for samples and ideas. When I look through a magazine for the samples and things that I like, 9 out of 10 of them are from ads, not from stories in the magazine!

-- Heather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 02:09 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

I like Stamp It - Cards because it has lots and lots of cards. But I think it only comes out once a year. The regular Stamp It has cards and other stamping projects that I usually don't do. I use to get Stamper's Sampler a lot, but am finding that the style of cards has changed a lot. Seems to be more "artsy" than I like. I don't have hours to spend on making one card or project. I tend to go to the store and just breeze thru them to see if there are cards I like. If I find I like a lot of them, I will probably buy the magazine.
Reply With Quote Likes