Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-27-2005, 12:10 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long until I get my Demo Number?

Good eveing (morning) everyone.

Can someone please let me know how long it takes to get a demo number from Stampin Up? I just had the paperwork sent in on Friday and was wondering how long it will take.
Does Stampin Up e-mail me with the number or can I call them for it?

Thanks,

Patti
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 12:24 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

You can call them....and they can give it to you that way and your ONE time use password. It took about 3 days for mine when my upline sent mine in. CONGRATS on becoming a demo...you are going to LOVE it!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 01:45 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think it took a week for me. They e-mailed me my demo number and then I called them for my password.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 01:53 AM   #4  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

you could hope it took a week then you would get longer time to make your Stampin Start... I signed up in January because then I had 6 months to make my first minimums, never realizing that I would have done as good as I have though so far.. but now it will be slow until the retired list comes out :(

edited to say first minimums not stampin start :(
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 02:25 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

I called them. I had a workshop to do and needed to place the order...wnated to do so on OEX, but if I'm correct, I had to wait for the mail to come for that....for the password. So -you might be able to get the number, but not the password.....

Then again....maybe I'm wrong!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 02:27 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

edited - don't know how that post got in here!!!! It was a reply to a different post.

Odd.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 06:49 AM   #7  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in Canada. My paperwork got sent in on Monday. That Friday I phoned - no number. I phoned again on Monday afternoon - my number had been input that noon. They were able to give me my demo number and a password that I could use (and to ignore the password that was sent to me).

Depending on where you live, give them a few business days, then phone. They didn't seem to mind an excited about-to-be demo phoning!

Don't forget to join the demos forum here on SCS - lots of great ideas there to help you get started - it's made a big difference to me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 06:57 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Default Just to clarify the time period for the stampin start

You don't have 6 months to do your stamping start. It is the 1st full 3 monhts. So the only extra time you get on that is if you sign up on the 10th of January. Then January doesn't count, it would be for Feb, March, April. It is 6 months until you would have to have your 1st $300 in sales if that makes sense.

The other thing to remember is that your $300 would have to be in that 2nd quarter. April, May June. Even if you had your sales earlier, just because that 1st quarter didn't count for you.

Is that all clear as mud now? I probably totally confused you. I just didn't want you to miss your stampin start thinking that you had 6 months.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 10:45 AM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmom
I'm in Canada. My paperwork got sent in on Monday. That Friday I phoned - no number. I phoned again on Monday afternoon - my number had been input that noon. They were able to give me my demo number and a password that I could use (and to ignore the password that was sent to me).

Depending on where you live, give them a few business days, then phone. They didn't seem to mind an excited about-to-be demo phoning!

Don't forget to join the demos forum here on SCS - lots of great ideas there to help you get started - it's made a big difference to me!
I'm waiting, too, and Gail, I am near you, so thank you for posting this! I believe my paperwork went in on the 22nd, so I'll have to wait a few more days before I call.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 11:02 AM   #10  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

The other thing to remember is that your $300 would have to be in that 2nd quarter. April, May June. Even if you had your sales earlier, just because that 1st quarter didn't count for you.
copied from another post!!
Quote:

Yes, according to the new changes in policy that were announced in the January Stampin' Success magazine (on page 21), all sales from a new demo's starting quarter DO COUNT towards when their minimum quota is due.
I did edit my post I meant 6 months to make my first minimum not Stampin Start!!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 12:17 PM   #11  
Kookie Creator

i called for mine and they gave me the number and password.

my paperwork was mailed 2 day delivery thursday 2/24 and received saturday2/26. since su isn't open on weekends my paperwork wasn't processed till monday 2/28--the very last day of sab. it took a little longer for my starter kit to ship but i called late (like an hour before closing) on the 28th and got my demo number and password.

i think your number is assigned as soon as they process your paperwork--so depending on how it was mailed, i'd guess anywhere from 3-10 days. you can always call ds and ask!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2005, 12:46 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Because my direct upline had dropped & there was no one between me & mu 5th level upline :shock: , I dropped at the end of February to resign directly under my 5th level upline. I had to wait until Feb commissions had been run & all the different departments had signed off on my drop & resign. I called daily for 7 days because I was climbing the walls not being "active". Call them! They are really good about checking on your status & when it's been processed (finally, if you're as impatient as I am ) they will give you your number & first password. The day I finally got my new number, I was practically running out the door to a workshop. The cool thing about the dropping and resigning thing is I get to do stampin' start again! I'm about 2/3 there & it's been one week! Woohoo!
Congrats on signing up! You will love it!
Reply With Quote Likes