Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-03-2004, 09:28 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default About becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator

I'm a newbie to this site. I love this place!

I'm looking for advice. I love making cards with Stampin' Up! products. I'm trying to decide whether to sign up to be a Stampin' Up! demonstrator to support my stamping habit! What's holding me back is whether I could really meet the $300 per quarter amount (nope, I can't afford buying $300 of great stuff myself each quarter).

Oh, and if I do sign up to be a demonstrator, I'm torn between signing up with two dear friends who are currently demonstrators. One friend lives right here in town and another lives in California. One of them will be very hurt if I sign up with the other! But I've been buying Stampin' Up! items from both of them for over two years now.

But, I'm rambling on...any advice to share? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2004, 10:08 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Hmmmmmm...do you have a few friends you could share

SU products with to increase your sales since you stated you couldn't come up with the $300 per quarter yourself?

Remember, the first order, there isn't any shipping attached to it, so you could send a flyer or email a flyer to all your family and friends and ask them if they want anything at 10% discount, since that's approximately what the shipping runs for you. If you want to offer an additional discount for a $50 order or something, that's up to you, but might be another idea how to increase sales. Someone posted the demonstrator's forum below that they offer a free stamp pad, single color cardstock pack, 2 refill colors or anything else that equals $5 for folks who order $50 or more from you. I started implementing that and have seen an increase in sales since adding that to my list of random specials I offer from time to time.

I just started representing SU in late May, so I'm still getting my feet wet.

As far as who to sign up under...I would definately go for the local gal. When you are first starting out, you won't have all the supplies right away you might need and I find it helpful personally to borrow items from the local upline in my area. They are very nice ladies and help me whenever I call them. Long distance sign ups would seem hard to connect to, but with the right person and good communication, would be workable. For me personally, I'd sign up with the local friend.

You'll have to decide what's best for you.

Hope you decide to join this wonderful family of stampers!
Cindy Lou Who
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2004, 11:28 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I'd say give it a try. I signed up when I first moved to a new place and knew almost no one. I was unsure if I could do it but wanted to give it a go. I've been very successful and made a TON of new friends from it. Worst case- you'll be dropped- but you gave it a try. It is NOT hard to meet the minimum- just spread the word that you sell SU! and the business will come. I would suggest signing up with the girl that you are close to. That way she is right there to help you with anything you might need. She might even be able to hook you up with your first couple of customers- mine did. Good luck in your decision!

Joy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 05:07 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Definitely sign up with the local girl. You will want and need her help and support.

The deal alone would make me want to sign up. If you sign up at the beginning of a new quarter, you don't need to fill your "quota" the first three months. Then you have the next three months to make your $300 in sales. If you don't, then at least you've had 6 months with a discount of %20 and the benefit of saving so much with the Starter Kit.

Honestly, it's not hard at all to meet your minimums. I only do one workshop a month and I still do over $500 per month in sales. I wish I could do more, but that's where I'm at now. Our area is SATURATED with SU! folks. There are three other demos JUST in my church. My upline alone had 43 new recruits this year.

Anyhooo, if it isn't a hardship to buy the starter kit and you spend a lot on stamps anyway, then you really don't have much to lose either way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 09:31 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Thanks for wise words

Thanks for the words of wisdom! Your input is very appreciated. Such wonderful people here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 09:45 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

I would just honestly tell your long-distance friend that you are signing up with the local demo so that you have someone right here to help you and support you. Plus, your local demo may be apart of a local demo group and you will want to be a part of that team. It has nothing to do with who is a better friend or demonstrator...it has to do with location. I'm sure your california friend will understand.

$300 a month is basically $50 a paycheck (not to bad of a budget for a hobby). If you have 1 or 2 workshops a quarter you will be fine.
SCS#5115
My Humble Gallery
"If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it"
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 07:30 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

when does the next 'new quarter' begin?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 07:46 AM   #8  
Forum Fanatic

The quarter just started. Now would be a great time to start only the start of the second month of the quarter ~ or the beginning of any quarter because your first quarter doesn't count. If you sign up at the beginning of a quarter you have a good amount of time to start to build and/or save for the next quarter. Quarters run July-Sept, October to December, January to March, and April to June! I joined in August and it helped.
Reply With Quote Likes