Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-04-2004, 02:54 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many hours a week do you stamp?

Do you stamp every day?

I know we are all addicted to stamping and am curious to how much time you work on your projects.
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 02:58 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Well, when I stamp, I stamp A LOT! Like all day. At least one day a weekend. Sometimes all weekend. Also sometimes various nights of the week.

But I don't stamp every day, because I have to work full time.

However, I DO think of stamping most of the time. LOL
Does that count?
;)
NY Nan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 02:59 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Well if I ever get off of this site I might actually stamp! I mostly stamp on the weekends. I would say 6 hours a week is about right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 03:25 PM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

At least one FULL day of the weekend.....usually a day and a half. I rarely stamp during the week as I don't have a table in my craft room....so EVERYTHING comes out to the kitchen. We live in a trailer.

All craft stuff = take over entire kitchen and part of living room.

I can't pull it out during the week ~ it makes it too obvious that I have an "excessive" amount of stuff!! LOL

If I had a table in my craft room......it would be every night for at least 2 hours....for sure. Maybe more.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 03:32 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

I stamp everyday...mostly before I go to bed every night...it is very relaxing... I decided when I became a demonstrator in March that I would stamp everyday so my investment didn't go to waste...so far I have kept my word to myself....though I do spend about 3 to 4 hours a day on SCS :oops: !!!! This place is so addicting!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 03:33 PM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

It depends; I go through spurts. I stamp at least one night a week for a few hours and several hours during the weekend. Other times it's hardly at all for a couple of weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 03:43 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymoilanen
It depends; I go through spurts. I stamp at least one night a week for a few hours and several hours during the weekend. Other times it's hardly at all for a couple of weeks.
Couldn't have said it better...I have days that I would rather just sit still than stamp then there are days like today that I go nuts and do cards and stuff like crazy! I made a 6x6 bragbook for a friends baby shower with twenty pages all set for her to just add pictures and I also made 26 Thank you notes for her and I have to still do the baby can and the calendar but I am taking that with me to moms...then my first recruit is having her first show at the end of the month so I am tryign to make her a few surprises and I still have two maybe three swaps to finish up!!! So like I said...spurts and then nothing really works for me!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 03:51 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I stamp everyday. I have to touch a stamp or cardstock otherwise I go into withdrawls. It's not a pretty sight, believe me, my DH would rather me stamp. SU! and this website have done wonders for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 04:59 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

The short answer is..I don't stamp nearly enough!

I go in spurts as well. There are WEEKS that go by without stamping. Then I'll stamp all day.

I go the beach with 7 other stamping friends for a week in June. This was our third year.We go to the beach anywhere from 3-5 hours. We eat, we sleep and we STAMP!! It is constant. We get up around 7am, stamp, eat, stamp, go to the beach, eat, shower, stamp, stamp, stamp till Midnight or later..for SEVEN DAYS! Actually six. I made 90% of the birthday cards I need for the whole year that week. It is the most fun....we treasure our time together at the beach.

I would like to make a goal to stamp every day. I'd get myself frustrated though b/c I don't know how I'd do it. Maybe once a week would be a good goal to start with.

This is an interesting thread!

Ashley
Attached Thumbnails
How many hours a week do you stamp?-stamping_vacation.jpg   How many hours a week do you stamp?-stamping_space.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 05:13 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Keri

Keri,

I just have to ask - How in the world do you find the time to get that much stamping done?!? LOL

I have a 4 yo and an almost-9 mos little one at home and I'm lucky if I get to take a shower some days! haha

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 05:18 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

What a great thread!!

Oh Ashley --- that sounds like so much fun. What a great week -- the beach AND stamping.

Since I have only been stamping since November I guess I'm still trying to find my creative spurts. LOL Sometimes I stamp every day in small increments -- but don't have anything to show for the effort. Or I can stamp for several hours straight and only have 3 or 4 cards/projects to show for it. I'm not kidding either. I guess I can't really break it down into say "6 hours per week". But, lately it has definately been up there. Hopefully, once DD gets into school I will have more time during the day to devote to stamping.

Now, if we talk SCS - that is a different story. LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 05:18 PM   #12  
HB
Mad Swapper

I bet I enter my stamp/craft room at least once a day, if not twice. Sometimes, I stop in there after I shower in the morning (5am) just to sit and feel good (sometimes I actually make a card at that hour). I usually spend at least an hour or 3 a night in there. Unless I get the feeling that DH is feeling neglected. Then I stay downstairs and just "think" about what I could be doing. Do you suppose I'm an addict?
Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 05:31 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

I try to either scrapbook or stamp everyday. However, some days it may not happen and I just plan projects. I wish I could stamp on the weekends, but with everyone home, I rarely do anything. My DH travels a lot, so over the last 2 years, stamping and scrapping, and the web (especially SCS) have been a lifesaver for my sanity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 05:50 PM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

I go in spurts too. I can't just sit and make 1 card at a time so I wait until I feel like stamping the day away!
But I do go into my stamping room at least once a day, and I think about stamping almost everyday whether I'm looking through a catalog, idea book or magazine or thinking about the upcoming occasions I need cards for.

I'm also a "lone" stamper - I seem to be more creative & get more done when I'm by myself. If I'm stamping with a friend, we seem to talk & eat more than stamp! :lol:
What about you?

Wendy C
Wellington, OH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 05:51 PM   #15  
Matboard Maniac

I'm with you Wendy, on all accounts!!!
Ashley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 05:56 PM   #16  
Compulsive Stamper

I don't stamp nearly enough. If I get an idea in my head for something and I don't have time at night I take it with me to work on during my lunch at work. Everyone at work comes to my desk every morning to see my new creations. It's so funny that something that seems simple to you can amaze people so much!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 05:56 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Keri

Quote:

Originally Posted by stardust
Keri,

I just have to ask - How in the world do you find the time to get that much stamping done?!? LOL

I have a 4 yo and an almost-9 mos little one at home and I'm lucky if I get to take a shower some days! haha

VERY careful time management!! It is really sanity management for me right now, I know exactly how you feel about that shower though, yesterday I was near tears when I was still trying to "JUST GET A SHOWER" and it was nearing noon!! Ugh to just feel clean...it was so nice once I did get clean, ahhhh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 06:01 PM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Default When the kid's away, I play

I don't stamp as much when my daughter is home from college; probably 3-4 hours a week. 5-6 hours a week when she's gone, because I'm making cards for her! I always stamp more when I have a new set of stamps, of course!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 06:03 PM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

I LOVE getting together with friends to make cards, scrapbook pages, etc. It's great to share ideas and borrow things you don't have so you don't HAVE to buy it!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 06:18 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Re: Keri

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sereikastamper
Quote:

Originally Posted by stardust
Keri,

VERY careful time management!! It is really sanity management for me right now, I know exactly how you feel about that shower though, yesterday I was near tears when I was still trying to "JUST GET A SHOWER" and it was nearing noon!! Ugh to just feel clean...it was so nice once I did get clean, ahhhh
Oh - I sooooo remember those desperate for a shower days! I ended up hanging the johnny-jump-up-thing in the bathroom doorway. My DD wasn't big enough to reach the floor and bounce, but as long as Maggie could see me, and there weren't any other issues (food, diaper, etc), I could take a quick shower. Then, when she got older it was the exersaucer! It was such a treat on the weekends to have time in the bathroom by myself!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 06:20 PM   #21  
Mad Swapper

I can say that I didn't do near the amount of stamping I'd thought I'd do this summer...of course!

I do have a craft room that stays messy if I want it too, and I try to stamp/ scrapbook a little every day. I think its therapeutic ( did I spell that right?- yikes). I stamped a little yesterday and today with a shopping break both days (school clothes for the oldest). Now I'm done school shopping and can stamp more :P :P :P

My stamping time will decrease when I go back to work in a few weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 06:27 PM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

I guess I didn't even answer my own question. I try to stamp or at least brainstorm every day. Every night after supper we have family time (2-3 hrs). If I know we are going to watch a movie I will plan and cut out all the cards I want to make and bring them downstairs with me. I home-school my clan so if we have a slow school day I will bring some cards to work on during school time.

Thanks to this site I never run out of great ideas and I know I am stamping a lot more than before I found SCS.
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 07:14 PM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

When I am feeling good and working full time I stamp more than I do when I am home sick. So right now I am lucky if I feel good enough to stamp an hour every other day or so.

But when I am feeling good I stamp at least 3-4 hours every night - I come home from work exhausted (I live alone and work full time with an hours comute both ways) so I go to bed when I get home at 7 pm sleep till 10 or 11 and then get up and stamp for 3-4 hours and then go back to bed and sleep a bit more till it's time to get up and go to work.

My stamping is my sanity! I have insomnia and so I stamp when I can't sleep - I have been doing this for about 3 years and it works for me.

On the weekends I spend Saturday with friends and family (church) and on Sunday I catch up on the house and yard work.

But right now I am holding down the sofa in case of a hurricane! LOL
If I can remember to laugh at myself I will be ok.
If you want to leave a great impression - stamp the card yourself!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 07:42 PM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

Send a message via Skype™ to Mama2my4

I had to ask my husband for an estimation of how long I stamp. He says "oh, about 10 hours." I think it might actually be about double that amount or more. It just depends on what is going on. I take special orders from ladies at church and husbands work and am always working on special projects. I also sell cards and need to replenish my stock and keep things interesting. I feel like stamping and being a mom is a full time job and it just so happens that they are my passions as well. I love my life!!!!!

Check us out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 07:42 PM   #25  
Hot Mess

Default daily stamping

I try to stamp a little every day and all weekend if possible! I ususally make a card or to when I am home from lunch. If I'm not swamped when I get home, I usually play a bit while watching tv. On weekends, I pretty much stamp al lthe time!

Amy "Pro" K.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 08:59 PM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

Since May 29th, only 4 times have I stamped more than an hour in one week time. Three of those times I went to visit and stamp with friends/customers. The 4th time was sitting at my sisters in the middle of the night.

I do almost all my stamping at work in between kids. It keeps me sane.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 11:50 PM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

I stamp or scrap something for at least an hour a day... Usually WAY more than that. I'm a stay at home mom of a 3 year old, and he loves to play in my stamps. Works for me! I get lots of play time in that way. My hubby is home all day on Sun, Mon, Wed so its stamp/scrap time all day long. Yay!!!!

"Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort" - Franklin D. Roosevelt

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.com/go/londonrain
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 02:00 AM   #28  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

I go in spurts almost all the time.. there are some weeks I don't pick up a stamp for 2 sometimes 3 weeks... Now there is the fair going on so have kids coming and going getting stamping projects done so I do some on the side too with them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 03:41 AM   #29  
Stampin' Fool

I try to stamp or scrap everyday. I have a daughter dealing with mental illness, and this is what I do for my own sanity. This week however I have jury duty, so I race home from that, fix DH something for dinner, than lock myself in the craft room for relaxation. The weekends are spent driving to Vermont to visit DD in hospital in Brattleboro.

The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time.
-Abraham Lincoln-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 04:32 AM   #30  
Die Cut Diva

Great thread!

I stamp mostly on weekends (since I work fulltime outside of our home) and then I stamp for hours. A day can fly by without me noticing. MY DH and DD are great about bringing me a plate of food every now and then. On the week nights, I always check SCS and I spend a lot of time 'researching' through magazines and old SU catalogs. I have copies that date back to 1999. It's amazing what I get from the old idea books. What I have become very bad about, is doing the business side of the SU demostratorship. I will pay a big price come tax time next year! :shock: Any helpful hints on how people organzine the 'business' side of stamping.

Michelle Y
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 04:44 AM   #31  
Mad Swapper

Sounds like we are all in similar situations - stamp when we can and if we can!
I stamp about 3 days a week for about 2 hours each. I try to work on my children's scrapbooks (2 yo and 9 mo.) when they are napping (IF they are napping at the same time!).

I find that getting ready for a workshop can take up more time than I want, esp. if it is for repeat customers. I keep trying to think of unique ideas to show them that are still easy to do in a short amount of time! But I still chalk it up to working - ideas are still coming to me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 04:57 AM   #32  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by qcbetty
If I had a table in my craft room......
Hey Debbi, When I decided I needed a better table (was using one of those cheap folding tables with a padded top) I went to Home Depot and bought an unfinished door and laid it over two 2-draw filing cabinets. I think the door cost me about $15-17 dollars and it didn't matter if it got inked up. I already had the filing cabinets. This way you could always take down the door if you need the room.

Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 05:14 AM   #33  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin_melissa
Quote:

Originally Posted by qcbetty
If I had a table in my craft room......
Hey Debbi, When I decided I needed a better table (was using one of those cheap folding tables with a padded top) I went to Home Depot and bought an unfinished door and laid it over two 2-draw filing cabinets. I think the door cost me about $15-17 dollars and it didn't matter if it got inked up. I already had the filing cabinets. This way you could always take down the door if you need the room.

Melissa
Melissa ~ if I lived anywhere else, I probably would run out the door, right now....and buy one. Unfortunately, the closest Home Depot is a 7 hour ferry ride and another 8-9 hour drive behind that!! DH is going to build one....right now it's the last throes of summer so he's concentrating on yard and gardens now. Come September....the list is up on the fridge!! LOL The desk tops it. I actually woke him up last night, as we were falling asleep, to ask what supplies he needs for it.....LOL

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 05:18 AM   #34  
Glitter Guru

[quote="qcbettyDH is going to build one.... I actually woke him up last night, as we were falling asleep, to ask what supplies he needs for it.....LOL[/quote] Oh my! You woke him! Hehehe! If that doesn't give him the hint that it should be his #1 priority I don't know what it would take! LOL! I think it is pretty cool that your DH is going to make one for you. In my home, I'd be the one making one. (which is what I did, I guess!) ;)

Is it just at the top of the list or have you also highlighted it? :shock:

Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 05:46 AM   #35  
Polyshrink Goddess

I also stamp in spurts. I love getting up really early on Saturday mornings (I know I'm strange) and going to my basement to stamp. We have just finished our basement so it's a nice space to work in. When it's quiet like that I can really get going on things. We're still doing the little finishing touches on the basement like baseboards and such, but my space is finished for the most part.

My DH has promised me that he's going to build me a wall unit for storage that can be mounted so my table is clear for stamping. He kind of chuckled when he told me, saying he hoped the wall's didn't cave in from the weight of all my stuff! I told him I'd keep my fingers crossed and pray, a lot!
Donna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 06:41 AM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

qcbetty wrote:
Quote:

Melissa ~ if I lived anywhere else, I probably would run out the door, right now....and buy one. Unfortunately, the closest Home Depot is a 7 hour ferry ride and another 8-9 hour drive behind that!! DH is going to build one....right now it's the last throes of summer so he's concentrating on yard and gardens now. Come September....the list is up on the fridge!! LOL The desk tops it. I actually woke him up last night, as we were falling asleep, to ask what supplies he needs for it.....LOL
~rita~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 06:56 AM   #37  
Kookie Creator

Default How much stamping

Like most of you I stamp when I can. Last week I stamped everday for at least 2-3 hours. This week I haven't stamped at all. I do try to spend 1 hour per day on my SU business. But sometimes that doesn't include stamping! I must say this thread has motivated me. I can't wait to get home from work tonight and stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 07:17 AM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

I stamp just about every day. Not always a lot, but usually at least a little! :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 07:28 AM   #39  
Forum Fanatic

I can't just stamp one card and walk away. It is an adiction. Funny part ~ I can normally account for how much time I've stamped on a weekend based on how many NASCAR races are on. If it's a three race weekend, I stamp for about 20 hours. What's bad is when they are night races, I start around noon and end about 2 am.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 07:58 AM   #40  
Insane Embellisher

I am almost embarass to say this :oops: but, do I do anything else?My house is looking messy but clean , my stuff is all over the living room, my laundry gets done weekly( between projects) and when I go back to work on tuesday I'll have a serious withdraw problems for not being able to stamp or be in front of the pc checking scs... This is my full time thing, everything else comes in between projects :?

I love to stamp, what a stress reliever!
Reply With Quote Likes