View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 05:36 AM   #43
wbc
Cardstock Collector

There is 2 sides to the whole E-bay thing right? I think in this case there are anyways...

1. Demos shouldn't sell that kind of stuff on there, maybe if she has someone else selling for her she won't get caught, but she still could and is it worth risking her ability to sell SU because of selling things on ebay?

2. (and more important for this case) is that no one has the stamp sets so she would be using a mailing flyer that Stampin' up! took and mailed to her. Thereofre she doesn't own the pic and on top of losing her ability to sell, she has not committed copyright theft, which is different and is illegal by law... If she had the sets in her posession and took her own picture of them then she isn't violating the copyright SU has on the flyer, so in this case it is a double whammy.

I am a consultant for another home based business (nothing to do with scrapbooking) and have the same issues with people on ebay. We also have a website, actually I think if dig through e-bay they have a place on there you can click to turn people by company as well.

I have looked at retired sets on ebay, but still have yet to buy anything.... just doesn't seem right, and it is somethign that is retired and I can't even purchase anymore.... oh well...

wbc
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!