View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 04:42 PM   #33
AlteredArtist
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by vlasak
Heres a dumb ? - What can you use them for? Il ove the idea of decorative use - strung together - on the walls-on a cute stand etc.but are they also coasters? I feel stupid asking because I think they are awesome just as a decoration but my mind is reeling as to other coaster options.. what do others use thiers for?
I normally turn my into coasters. But I also give them a little triangular stand. That way the 'receiver' can decide what they want to do w/ them. If your going to give it as a coaster, you will need to use different coating on top. The water tends to seep through using regular acrylic sealer. There's also the polymer coating which can do as an option as well. I normally coat mine w/ about 10 coats of an indoor /outdoor waterproof acrylic sealer allowing for full dry time in between coats. If you don't let each coat dry completely it will cause a slight gap between coats and won't be as waterproof as you'd like. Remember glasses have condensation on them, so they will seep through.

HTH
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!