Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-01-2004, 02:45 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can't take it anymore!!!!!!

I'm going upstairs so I can place my first new catty order from SU! I've been trying to wait until the new catty madness wears off so I don't go shopping crazy, but the projects y'all are posting in the galleries are too much! I NEED NEW STAMPS NOW!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 02:55 PM   #2  
Wish RAK Coordinator

Location: needs some retail therapy....now just to decide what to buy!

I'm with you Pam! I haven't order from the new catty yet so that I too don't go overboard. I am going to weed through my extremely long wish list and hopefully place an order in the morning.

This place has too many awesome samples that make me want everything!!!

Kris
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 03:04 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

You go, Pam! Tell us what you ordered. I never thougth of waiting to place an order so the madness would wear off. I set up a spreadsheet and totsl my whole wishlist, then start taking things out. The boring accountant in me, I guess ... Happy ordering
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 03:19 PM   #4  
Total Quack

I put in my first order from the new catty on Thursday because we had a tax-free weekend. All items $20 and under were tax-free ... so I made a $200 order of just stuff under $20! LOL! I got the hostess benefits and 11 new sets and paid NO tax!! Can't wait for it to get here now!!! LOL!

~*Shell*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 03:50 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I finally had some nice time this afternoon to start going through the catty too - my list is getting way too long!!!! Good thing I have a year to work on buying these stamps. I'm going to make a list up for our tax free weekend this coming weekend. Great excuse to save (while spending - ha!) Have fun! Julie Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 04:11 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You ladies should move to New Hampshire! Every day is a tax-free day here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 05:16 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Shell, I thought the sales tax holiday only applied to stuff for back-to-school -- at least that's what the signs at Wal-Mart said. I could be wrong, because this is a totally new phenomenon for me. We don't have sales tax holidays in Virginia!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 05:35 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Being an (almost) native Oregonian (I moved here as a kid) I am always floored when I go to other states & have to pay more than what is listed on the shelf for items. It's so annoying. They keep putting sales taxes in front of us voters here & it gets voted down every time by an overwhelming majority! You think they (the State) would get the message that we DO NOT want a sales tax here.
Good luck with the sales tax holidays!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 05:44 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

I have to say I also have my wish list on an excel spreadsheet. Do you think I have too much time on my hands??????????? If the rest of my house was that organized, who knows what would happen.

Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 05:45 PM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Oh I miss Oregon! I came from NM where I grew up adding tax automatically. When we moved to Oregon, we were first shocked to learn that we could not pump our own gas...very odd feeling...guilty kinda. Got used to it altho I could have been filled and gone in the time it took someone else to do it. Then we stopped at a Wendy's to get a couple of Frostys and the girl told me the total. I actually told her that she must have forgotten the tax key. That's when I found out that we didn't have sales tax. Whoo Hoo! No tax on anything! Now in Sitka we have 5% during the winter and 6% during the summer. Still lower than NM was I think but it does stink. We have a tax free day here in December too.
Member #3785
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 06:46 PM   #11  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Shell, I thought the sales tax holiday only applied to stuff for back-to-school -- at least that's what the signs at Wal-Mart said. I could be wrong, because this is a totally new phenomenon for me. We don't have sales tax holidays in Virginia!
Well, SU had a note on the web site explaining that any items for $20 or less were eligible. I was thrilled! When I put in the order - and the workshop order I had from Thursday night - SU didn't charge tax on any of those items. Now, it did charge it for the more expensive items ... but I didn't order any of those!! LOL!

~*Shell*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 06:56 PM   #12  
Total Quack

Quote:

Originally Posted by karixma
Being an (almost) native Oregonian (I moved here as a kid) I am always floored when I go to other states & have to pay more than what is listed on the shelf for items. It's so annoying. They keep putting sales taxes in front of us voters here & it gets voted down every time by an overwhelming majority! You think they (the State) would get the message that we DO NOT want a sales tax here.
Good luck with the sales tax holidays!
I would much rather have a sales tax than an income tax. Because my husband and I are self-employed, we get eaten alive on taxes! I keep hoping that some day everywhere will have just a sale tax.

~*Shell*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 06:59 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Sitka! I just loved visiting Alaska when were there in May. Are you still having abnormally warm weather? I remember going into a little camera shop by the Wells Fargo and when I said I was with SU she said, "Oh, we have one of those here too!" I guess she was referring to you!

Milette from Texas
who hopes she is replying correctly, first timer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 07:08 PM   #14  
Glitter Queen

Hey Row4D!

You're in Savannah; I'm in Richmond Hill! How cool is that! What a small world! :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 07:27 PM   #15  
Mad Swapper

i must have missed the post on SU website regarding tax free....

i don't recall ever hearing about this...I wonder if OHIO has it??? Does anyone know?
just wondering....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 07:39 PM   #16  
Total Quack

I looked on the site, but it didn't mention Ohio. I hope you have something like it! It was worth it to me!! I am excited to be getting 11 sets and extra supplies. It was fun to find all of the under $20 items! LOL!

~*Shell*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 07:48 PM   #17  
Crimping Master

Since I am living in oregon for less than a year, i get the benefits of no sales tax (yay!) and then the "benefits" of income tax in arizona...not that its that great, but I dont have to get hit with the big stuff here in Oregon. I am enjoying it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 07:51 PM   #18  
Total Quack

That's great!! Definitely enjoy that!!

~*Shell*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 07:55 PM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

Default I'm finally ORDERING..

I broke down and am doing it now..decisions decisions. I finally got the order all figured out..up to 500.00..only 100.00 of that is from another show that didn't quite qualify. Now i am faced with what level 3 hostess set to get..and also what free stuff to get..argh. HELP> This is killing me too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 09:45 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

okay, I have my order saved online because I may get a small order from a woman at church in the next coupld of days. So, this is what I have entered (and, it's quite possible it will change!):

To catch up from last year's catty:
Crayon Kids
Fishy Friends
On the Beach

New stamp sets:
Smile Some More
Kids Cards
Ladybug Picnic
Simple Shapes
Geometric (background)
Shapes & Shadows
Pretty Princess
Favorite Friends
All Wrapped Up
AWU Accessories
Jumbo Wheel Square Pegs

Punches:
Double Circle
Balloon

Inks:
Basic Brown Pad
Jumbo Cartridge - Ballet Blue

Boxes & Tags:
Pillar Bold Brights
Pillar Confetti
Mini Gable Rich Regals
Mini Gable US

Misc:
Stampin' Stack (2ea - working on my stamping space!)
Stamp-a-ma-jig imaging sheets

Hostess stuff
Level 2: Suitable For Framing
Simple Shapes
Sassy Sayings I
Snowman Punch
Designer Series Paper - Pool Party & Slumber Party

I think I may have gone overboard on the shape sets! I'll have to go over it again tomorrow because I didn't get Petal Prints or In Full Bloom on the list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2004, 10:06 PM   #21  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by scdecker
I set up a spreadsheet and totsl my whole wishlist, then start taking things out. The boring accountant in me, I guess ...
LOL! Sue, I use excell and put in everything I wanted! Then I went through and Bold the items that I really wanted. I grouped those together so I could add them up separately. My entire wish list was very close to $800! Of course, then the Holiday Mini came and now I have some more to add! I don't take off of my wish list unless I purchase it or my desire to have it disappears. (That doesn't happen very often!)

Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2004, 03:26 AM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Here's what the SU demo site has to say:

7/28/2004 - Sales Tax Holiday Clarification

Some demonstrators have had questions concerning upcoming sales tax holidays. Please note that the exemptions for Florida, Georgia, Massachusetts, North Carolina, and West Virginia are per item, which means that any item that complies with the state’s regulations qualifies for tax exemption.

In contrast, the exemption for Missouri is per order. We contacted the state of Missouri to confirm this information, and its ruling indicates that if a hostess order is comprised of several customer orders under $50, only the first $50 of the total hostess order of eligible school supplies is exempt during the sales tax holiday. For more information, please reference the Missouri state Web site at www.dor.mo.gov. Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to comply with state tax regulations.

Notice NY is NOT mentioned!
:(
NY Nan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2004, 05:43 AM   #23  
Forum Fanatic

Further detailed clarification:

Georgia

The sales tax holiday for the state of Georgia runs July 29–August 1, 2004. During this period, all stamp sets and accessories purchased for personal use that are $20 or less will not be charged sales tax. Supply orders will not be exempt from sales tax.

North Carolina

The sales tax holiday for the state of North Carolina runs August 6–August 8, 2004. During this period, all stamp sets and accessories purchased for personal use that are $100 or less will not be charged sales tax. Supply orders will not be exempt from sales tax.

Massachusetts

Massachusetts has enacted a single-day sales tax holiday for August 14, 2004, for all items of tangible personal property bought for personal use costing $2,500 or less with some restrictions. Since the exemption is on a Saturday, only internet sales ordered and paid for on August 14, 2004 (ET), will be exempt.

Connecticut

The sales tax holiday for the state of Connecticut runs August 15–August 21, 2004. The exemption is for clothing and since clothing is purchased through supply orders, the clothing exemption will not apply.

Iowa

The sales tax holiday for the state of Iowa runs August 6–August 7, 2004. The exemption is for clothing and since clothing is purchased through supply orders, the clothing exemption will not apply.

Texas

The sales tax holiday for the state of Texas runs August 6–August 8, 2004. The exemption is for clothing and since clothing is purchased through supply orders, the clothing exemption will not apply.

Florida

The sales tax holiday for the state of Florida runs July 24–August 1, 2004. According to the tax information publication provided by the state of Florida, only glue, pencils and scissors under $10 will qualify for the school supply exemption. Markers and highlighters are not exempt.

South Carolina

The sales tax holiday for the state of South Carolina runs August 6–August 8, 2004. According to the SC revenue advisory bulletin, the exemption will apply to school supplies including but not limited to pens, pencils, and glue. The department states “school supplies�? are items used in the classroom or at home with respect to school assignments. Due to this limited definition, only pens, pencils, markers and glue are exempt.

West Virginia

The sales tax holiday for West Virginia runs August 6–August 8, 2004. According to administrative notice 2004-19, West Virginia will exempt school supplies under $100. The notice states pencils, glue, markers, pens, pencil sharpeners, and watercolor paint sets are exempt.

Missouri

The sales tax holiday for Missouri runs August 13–August 15, 2004. According to the information provided by Missouri to out-of-state vendors, Missouri will exempt school supplies including art supplies; therefore, stamps sets and accessories will be exempt from tax for purchases of less than $50.

Just thought I'd post all the states so demos can call their customers and customers can call their demos maybe get a discount or offer a discount!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2004, 09:38 AM   #24  
Mad Swapper

Default Whew..i did it..

Well, i submitted my order...550.00 later...but 100.00 was outside orders!
Reply With Quote Likes