Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-14-2005, 05:52 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would like ideas on how to boost sales at party I am having

I am having a workshop this weekend. I am really hoping it has big profits, this is like my last spending chance for a while. We are moving at the end of this month and we haven't sold our current home, so until is sells we have 2 mortgages and there will be no extras.

I am part of a stamp group of 6 that meets every other month with a $25 minimum. And it is my turn to host. So I am having the group and following it up with another workshop for friends afterwards and DH has the catalog at work in hopes of catching some interest.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to boost peoples spending? I would love to have a huge pary, you know one of those where you get so much hostess benefits you hardly know where to spend it all.

K
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2005, 06:09 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

One idea is to highlight a line on the customer's order forms - maybe the 4th or 5th one down. If customers order something on each of the prior lines, they would get 10% off whatever is on the highlighted line. Of course, you'd have to get your demonstrator's cooperation on this one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2005, 06:14 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

The March specials are **AWESOME** (six sets at half off)! If the demonstrator shows cards made with these or chooses to demo these, your guests are sure to want them. Even just adding one or two half price sets to each order adds up.

Also, this should be your friends' first peek at the Spring Mini. There are some terrific sets in there.

Best of luck on your party! Hope it rocks!
I'm Fun Stampers Journey Coach #10224. Join now for only $50!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2005, 06:16 PM   #4  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best thinkg you can do is follow up with the people who have rsvp'ed or not and make sure they are coming if they can. If they can't, try and see if they would like to place an outside order before your show-that way you have a good idea where your sales are before the night is over.

Talk it up to people and let them know about March's 1/2 off specials. Really good attendance is the key with people who are as excited as you to be there (if you have a neighbor who has said repeatedly they hate stamping and think it is a stupid waste of time, she may be a person to skip for this party, LOL).

Don't push for discounts-there are already 6 sets at 50% off-WOW! That alone has made my parties successful. Be excited and have fun! Good luck!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2005, 06:34 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

As a non-demo stamper, I always like some kind of freebie at parties, such as spend $50.00 choose from the goodie box(there can be all kinds of great small gifts)-(sample cards, stampin' mist, tags, a couple of yards of ribbon, etc) I had a demo who always gave a small gift away w/every $50.00 purchase. Or bring a friend that did not get an invitation and get a gift. I also like the idea of line 5 or 6 highlighted get 10% off. I know time is short, but all kinds of things can get your sales up. My demo also told me not to serve alot of food, it any at all (maybe M&M's) b/c people spend too much time eating and not looking at the catalog. Though this is a stamp group so most people know whats in the catty.

I'm rambling, but something I always do just as people are about to start writing orders, I personally hand out a Thank You card that I made, and thank them for attending my party. It helps !! Good Luck :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2005, 06:48 PM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Boost sales

As a non-demo stamper, I know what inspires me to buy more -- really great card samples! Add to that a classy make-and-take using a new set and demostrating cool tools like the stamp positioner, lacing stencil, wheel guide, linen thread, etc. Most of us are suckers for the accessories, but we must see them and touch them to spark our desire to buy them!

I love to be able to flip through baskets of cards that a demo has made using a wide variety of sets and I really appreciate having her latest and greatest cards displayed on photo trees so that they can be easily removed, examined and replaced.

It also will boost sales if you have comfy seating where people don't feel crowded and try to keep the room comfortably cool (nothing worse than a stuffy room!).
The freebies and inspiration sheets are also nice, but they are really more of a "thank you" than a sales getter.

It always is fun to go around the room and ask each person how long they've been stamping and if they have a "favorite" stampin up tool or set that they think everyone should consider. It's one thing to have a demo recommend something, but there's nothing like a recommend from a fellow stamper to get people thinking.
Hope this give you some new ideas!
Susy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2005, 06:57 PM   #7  
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree that your best bet may be to show as many samples of the half off sets as you can. When I first heard of the half off sale, I was just going to get Sincere Salutations but seeing samples in the SCS gallery I decided I had to have 4 of the sets! I like the thank you card idea, too - when a person can see the possibilities, the stamps 'come to life' so to speak. Gee, is there some way to show your guests the SCS galleries?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2005, 07:07 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

I know for the parties that I have hosted, my Demonstrator brings a TON of samples! We set them up on a couple tables in the entryway so they can browse while coming in or through the party. These are anything from card set samples, scrapbook page samples, cute gift box/bag samples, stamped baby onesies, decor etc etc. Something for EVERYONE! Also, make-n-take and demonstrations are a huge selling factor. When people can see what an actual product can actually be used for they get excited about it. At my last party a couple of the things we demo'd were the slit punch and the new chalk inks. Almost everyone bought them! Good luck and have fun! The excitement you and your demonstrator will show for the products will sell them too!
Good luck on your move
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2005, 07:08 PM   #9  
Watercolor Wizard

If you have ladies that stamp but can't make it to your demo, make sure they know the specials. You may get a lot of outside orders that way. Good Luck with your sales!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2005, 07:50 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lots of good ideas. I would not, however, suggest the one about highlighting the 5th line down and giving a discount if people make it that far. I think it would be rude to even suggest this to a demo. If it were the demo's idea, that would be one thing, but to suggest that she give up some of her commission, that's another.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2005, 08:08 PM   #11  
Kookie Creator

As Britta said, the March specials boost sales a TON!

"Would you not like to be sitting on top of the world with
your legs hanging free" -Dave Matthews Band
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2005, 10:23 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampintoo
Gee, is there some way to show your guests the SCS galleries?
Maybe a laptop and a wireless connection? My demo and I have actually talked about this. Maybe someday.......... that would really be a kicked up demo, huh?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2005, 12:26 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not a demo but get excited when I see things that I haven't thought of -- card samples, boxes, stamped sneakers, etc. I'd demo the wheel guide if possible. I have wheels and never use them but am anxiously awaiting my order with the guide in it because I think this will open up whole new possibilities.

If I were a demo, I'd offer some type of buying discount (a certain % off something or a free pack of paper if you buy a certain amount). I realize that you aren't the demo, but I'm just throwing that in.

I also think a raffle -- everyone who places an order gets her name in a basket and gets to pick out some small item -- perhaps a coupon good for a discount with the next order or something like that. Again, that's demo advice, not hostess.

Hostess -- have a simple snack, diet and non diet soda and don't concentrate on feeding the group!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2005, 02:09 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here's an idea - ask your demo. She should be the one trying to boost sales. You shouldn't have to be the one doing the work. If she boosts her sales, she increases her commission.
I apologize if my original suggestion was "rude" as commented by someone else. It is all in how you approach the situation. You can let her know some ideas you gathered off this board, and if she wants to use them then it will be to her benefit as well as yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2005, 02:13 AM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Default Boost sales

Great ideas!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2005, 04:41 AM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

Great ideas thanks everyone keep the coming!

Yes it is my Demo's job to boost sales and she is a great Demo, my Sell-a-bration party was $600 and that didn't include a group meeting.

But I am a customer that knows the payoff for me having a great party so I want to help intise my attendees to spend, spend, spend. Afte all both myself and demo will benefit from a great party

And I don't mind being involved in the process of making it a better party, I love SU!, Heck someday I may be a demo. Last party I pulled out my own cards and scrapbook and displayed them!

I have written some of the ideas down Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2005, 08:03 PM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

Bump
Party is on Saturday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2005, 08:44 PM   #18  
Kookie Creator

not sure if this idea has been mentioned yet or not but how about planning another party for you and your friends?

this sat is for the demo to show you some stuff and to place orders--but how bout a party for you guys to play with all your stuff? i know that would encourage me to spend more! who wants to show up at a party where everyone else has all kinds of fun new stuff and all you get is a single pack of cardstock or something?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-15-2005, 09:10 PM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinagriff
One idea is to highlight a line on the customer's order forms - maybe the 4th or 5th one down. If customers order something on each of the prior lines, they would get 10% off whatever is on the highlighted line. Of course, you'd have to get your demonstrator's cooperation on this one.
Very cool idea!!!
Reply With Quote Likes