Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-09-2005, 06:24 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What makes you LOVE your SU demonstrator?

I've been a demo since August. Things have been going OK, but not as great as I want them to. I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to take my business to the next level -- and how to get people EXCITED about stamping.

I've read a lot of posts on here from people who love their demo, and from people who've had bad experiences, as well. So I'd like to know: What makes you love your SU demo? What's so great about her? And if she's not so great, what do you wish she would do?

Thanks!

-- Heather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 06:38 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

I found my demo off the locator, I knew nothing about stampin up when I got the catalog, she had me come to her house to do a one on one. I was hooked, I loved that she showed me everything and took the time to make sure I knew what the techniques where, I placed a very large order and went on. I loved the stuff but I didn't feel a loyalty to her. Over time I went to a party that someone else was having with her as the demo. I bought more and still loved it but if another demo would have come along that would have been ok. The problem was that I never was having more interaction with her, I placed an order and went on. A few months later she started offering stamp camps. This changed everything, I was hearing from her more and was seeing her at these stamp camps and then to get follow up orders, my loyalty was built. I would never go to another demo now unless she stopped selling and I don't see that happening. I guess what I am saying is that for some people it takes more than just being available to take an order, I needed to do projects and have interaction with her to build loyalty, now I love my demo.

I now have a gallery!! www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/miss_missy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 06:39 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I think finding a great demo is all about personallity ~ personally I like to go to workshops of people I like being around - secondly one who has a nice style and does things that I like - and lastly who takes time to know me better - so for instance I am trying to get an order together and I call my demo and say - I like this but I also like this she would say "I think this one is more your style and more useful for what you want" etc....
I like my demo to be my friend as well - someone I can call and say hey heard you were sick is everything ok - something I can do etc... Nice notes when I get my order is always cool and a customer appreciation program is always a plus - (after purchasing x amount you get a free whatever) but that is just a bonus for me not a requirement.....

HTH

Feel free to email if you have more questions
Shelley

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 06:50 AM   #4  
Dyu
Stazon Splitcoast

That's easy as she is my daughter. But....what other people say they love the most about a demonstrator is their enthusiasm and love of their product. Good luck and just remember to have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 07:04 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

My first demo (about 6 years ago) was very nice, and I thought she was good (new to stamping, I didn't have much to measure her against). She wasn't pushy, but she was also lacking a certain "punch" to style.

I ended up (quite by accident - invited myself with my sister-in-law) going to a SU! workshop just over a year ago at my sil's cousin's house. Anyway, the demo was phenomenal! She was funny, upbeat, told us she had been a demo for only the past 2 years (after she had lost a lucrative job), and she loved SU! so much that she had made it to the Advisory Board in less than 2 years. I have to say that I just fell in love with her and HAD to have my own workshop.

Well, a couple of months later, she did my workshop and then my neighbor and I both signed up as demos! We have never looked back - we LOVE the group of women that we now associate with - they are all wonderful, funny, upbeat, but mostly CARING women - and they are all fabulously successful in SU!

Personality is the key - be upbeat and add some humor. Don't be afraid to laugh at your own mistakes. Most of all, have FUN! You want to show everyone that they can make beautiful creations easily! If my upline had not been so funny and positive, I never would have booked a workshop.

Best of luck to you!

<--Wishing I was cruising (Caribbean Princess, May 2010)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 07:07 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

I loved my demo - so much I became one too, but one thing that drives me nuts about her is lack of follow through. You see, I was "previewing" a mini catalog that another mother had at a dance class - and fell inlove with one of the sets. I made sure to collect all the info as my friend was having a party in a week. Well, I asked my demo about this set - stated I was totally inlove with it and sooooo wanted it. She informed me that the mini catty I saw doesn't actually start until xxxxx and that I'd have to wait until then to buy it. No problem here....I wanted that stamp set didn't care about the wait just needed it to be MINE! (you all understand that logic right? ) Well, xxxx had come and past. No word from my demo, no answers to my email. Then my own life got busy so before I knew it time had passed on getting it. (Okay, no one shot me for this....) So, I went to ebay and bought it.
Moral of this story is to pay attention to your customers wants and follow up with them. My demo totally missed this sell because of the lack of follow through with me.

HTH, Kimmie

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 07:13 AM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

The one thing that my demo did when I placed my first order was send me a hand-stamped thank you card. I then had to buy the materials to duplicate that...and so on! I've had experience of placing large orders with other DSA, and not a word! For me, the hook-line-and-sinker was the thank you card. I make it a point to continuously do that for all my customers. In addition, I give them some candy either at the end of the workshop, or when they get their order. Put it in a cello bag, and a "thanks". Nothing expensive, I just purchase a large bag of assorted candies...it goes a long way if you just say "thanks".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 07:20 AM   #8  
Embossing Fanatic

Good question!

For me, a good demo has a combination of things:

1. Personality. I like friendly, outgoing people who aren't pushy. Aggressive salespeople turn me off completely and I'll run away very quickly from those types. If a demo is nice and enthusiastic and sincere, I'm likely to buy from her again and again.

2. Product Knowledge. I like someone who knows her products inside and out. I also like demos that can interpret and work with a multitude of styles. I tend to have an ecclectic personal style. If a demo can turn my "I want something moderny-but-retro-but-not-kitschy-and-a-little-sophisticated" desires into suggestions for actual products, I'm hers for life.

3. Techniques Knowledge. I'm a great student, willing to learn anything new a demo brings to the table. I love techniques and look for demos who have a large repertoire of things to do and try. Inspire me!

I think pretty much sums it up. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 07:20 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Group Leader

I ADORE my demo! She has great follow-up without being "pesky" about it. I love getting her e-mails about up and coming promotions, classes she plans to teach, specials she is offering, stamp camps, and her annual catalog premiere. Using e-mail she keeps really good communication. She also keeps wishlists on her regular customers and boy was I a happy benefactor of that one at Christmas time! She also has a "gift service" to help out those really desparate husbands. Hubby wants to get SU stuff (not a GC) but how to keep it a secret? Demo orders it, recieves it, WRAPS IT, makes a card, and DELIVERS the gift! Hubby loved this! She even kept contact with hubby via his work e-mail and I never knew anything about it. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 07:43 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

I love my demo because...

She gave birth to me!!! Had to put that one in... it's sort of a biggie. Anyways, I also love my demo because...

She has great ideas and makes great samples... there's always lots of inspiration when I go to her work table or look through what she's made recently. Lots of new ideas, too - as in other things besides just cards (boxes, gifts, etc.). The things she demos are always very appealing and "wow" things... I always know that my friends (if I'm hostessing a party) will be impressed by what she makes, but will also feel like they can make it, too. (She doesn't demonstrate super complicated techniques, etc. but very well-designed things... does that make sense?) She's always on the up and up... knows what's going on with specials, minis, etc. She lets me borrow stamps... I really love having an "extended" collection. She is available to answer my questions about techniques, etc. She is always very encouraging about the things I make... I never ever get the feeling that she is thinking something like "if she would only do it this way" or "I could do that better," etc. I do also get great incentives :lol: ... probably much better than the average customer... but hey, she is my mom!

I will also echo a few of the things that have already been said... I think the main ingredient in customer/demonstrator loyalty is your relationship. (That is, after all, what home based businesses are based on.) I think the more interaction and friendship you offer to your clients, the better off you'll be. I would also say that being involved with your client beyond just stamping would be beneficial as well... calling her to talk about stamping is great, but calling her and asking her how her life is going, talking to her about that, and talking to her about stamping is better. That's just my opinion, though, of course!

I do also think that sending a hand-stamped card is often overlooked but probably your best marketing tool.

Ah... can you tell that I have thought about becoming a demo myself?! Just not the right season of life for it... maybe someday! But for now, I will continue to be very happy with my demo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 07:47 AM   #11  
Inking Addict

Not only is she my MIL she's a wonderful friend. She always brings fresh, new ideas to her cards.She goes the extra mile with everything she does. Her work not only inspires me it amazes me. She and her cards are a work of art.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 08:15 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

These answers are GREAT! They really sum it up for me!

I think one problem I'm having is that right now, most of my customers are people I work with. I don't want to seem TOO excited about stamping because I'm afraid it'll come off as insincere or pushy. I have a reputation at work for being pretty hard-nosed, but stamping is something I do for FUN and I LOVE IT. But I'm afraid to show that because I'm afraid it will seem weird, since it's so different than my "normal" personality.

I need to break out of my usual circle, for lots of reasons, I think. I AM enthusiastic, I'm just afraid to show it. That's pretty weird, I think.

Keep the ideas coming, please!!

-- Heather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 08:31 AM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

I just moved to this town a year ago. I'm over an hour away from my old city. I was a little bummed because I was gonna lose my demo. Not that she was great as a demo, but because she was a great friend.

So, I move up here and join a local scrap group. Well lo and behold there's just the nicest, sweetest gal that sells SU! So, out of desperation, I place an order. Literally within the week I had my order. Oh, and she delivered everything right to my door. Never had that before, I always had to pick my order up. I head to my scraproom to begin to mount my stamps and they were already mounted. I called her immediately to thank her and her reply was, "I do this for all my customers as a thank you." Wow!! I get to play with my stamps immediately. All the gals in our group love that everything is mounted for us and ready to us.

A new gal joined our group this month and at the crop she sat and cut all her stamps and mounted them. (She's new to the area). So we all tell her, "Shelley sells SU! and mounts them for you!! She was sold! This new gal moved basically from the same area that I was in, so her demo was not gonna be farther. So now she has a new and wonderful demo.

marlo, *sorry for such the long post, but I LOVE my demo!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 08:49 AM   #14  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,078 Likes on 858 Posts

I've been stamping since about 1999. My daughter was my first demo and that was great, but we didn't have a big group until we started doing stamp camps. I even went to a convention with her. I've been involved with a few different demos over the years, but I really love the one we have now. I left the group I was in for the last couple of years because the demo changed and I wasn't impressed with her knowledge of various techniques and ideas for cards, etc. I found my present demo on the Stampin Up locater list. I was sent 5 names and picked this one. She does live close to me and my last one was 30 min. away. The reason I like the one I have now is that she is very knowledgeable about Stampin Up; keeps us informed about sales and new things; has a Stamp Camp each month to demo new techniques for cards and scrapbook pages; and is just an all-around good person. She's always prepared for the camp and always has everything cut out for us and packaged in a little plastic bag so we have plenty of time to put things together. We're getting together this Saturday and doing a marathon starting at 2:30 and going on as long as we are wanting to be there to work on things that she has or other things that we want to bring to work on. I really think a good demo has to be up on all the latest techniques to show her customers to keep them involved and wanting to stamp more. This SCS website has also helped me in that respect. I've learned so much on here also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 09:06 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

I LOVE my demo! She became a friend before I even knew anything about SU....so she was not pushy! I met her through our local scrapbook shop's classes.

Anyway, after being introduced to SU and saying something to her about it she said, "Hey, I'm an SU demo...but just a hobby demo!" She WOW'd us (we being coworkers of mine) with birthday, anniversary, just because cards and we had to know more about her techniques. She held a stamp camp and the rest is history!! We have a great group and hold stamp camp about 5 times during the year and get together at our different homes and make cards all day!

She keeps us posted on all SU specials and treats us royally! She hooked us by sending us cards and making friends of us before making customers out of us!

SHE'S THE BOMB!!

Julie C.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 10:31 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

My demo is actually the mom of one of my English students... and she sent a catalog in to her daughter's homeroom teacher (I guess she had a habit of giving stamps as a teacher gift and wanted her to pick out her own!)and when I caught wind of that, I demanded to see it - I placed an $80 that day!

She gave me my catalog and invited me to her house for open stamps and card clubs... and then I invited her to demo a party for me - she went ALL out - brought TONS of samples to look at! She gave me a set of stamps as a thank you, gave me all the samples she made, and really just made everything run smoothly.

We had over $600 in sales!

I guess the bottomline is she goes out of her way - like I just bought a set of stampin' spots in BB without realizing that I got a set of ink pads in those colors as a part of the earnings from my party... so she is going to take them, order them in RR and just trade me!

Isn't that grand?? I HEART LORI!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 10:38 AM   #17  
Watercolor Wizard

I love my demo because.........

She's cute and cracked in the head like me!!!

Oh yeah and she lets me steal her stuff all the time - I mean really steal it like go into her house when she's not home for the weekend and take whatever I want to use! She knows about it though so I guess that's not stealing!

She's also just plain crazy which is nice because so am I which makes it easy to be friends with her!

I'd like her even if she didn't stamp!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 12:41 PM   #18  
Inking Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I probably know 6-7 demonstrators and order from 4 of them. They don't know about each other and I feel a little guilty about it. Honestly, though, I found that each demonstrators offers different specials and teach me new things. I haven't yet found one that I'm completely loyal with. If I find one I truly like that I will stick with her.
One demonstrator is the daughter of a lady I worked with. She doesn't do stamp camps but she charges me the price she gets. Then I have another demonstrator who has open stamp camps. We may do one project and then she lets us play with her items.
The things that stick out in my mind is a demonstrator who will show me how to do some of the techniques or how to use something without being pushy and trying to up her sales. That demonstrator is someone who gives me tips and her opinion on whether something is worth buying. If I need to make a birthday card or sympathy card, she would be the one I could go to to get ideas from. And, most importantly, the communication has to be there. I have ordered from other demonstrators before and I literally have to email them to check on my order. (I'm talking 2 weeks after I had written the check and placed my order and hadn't gotten any kind of followup on this.) Needless to say, I will not be ordering from them anymore. **If you're a demonstrator and you truly believe in the Stampin Up motto, it should reflect on the way you treat your customers.**

Elizabeth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 12:57 PM   #19  
Mad Swapper

I LOVE my SU demo!!! Heck, she lives in NYC & I live in Georgia. I'll only buy from her!!!

First, she's my best friend. Secondly, she's amazingly talented. She always teaches new ideas. She's up on the latest techniques. Things that I would never think of.

Occassionally she'll offer discounts, but that's not why I stick with her.

She's loyal to her customers & she's honest. She's excited about the product she sells. And she's not pushy. She's is very knowledgable about the product too.
I can go on & on about her.... What's not to love!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 01:00 PM   #20  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to Charmed

I just adore my demo! She is so much fun and completley understands the obsession with stamping and scrapping! I found her through the SU demo locater when I moved here. We have become friends, and I would not go to anyone else for SU stuff. I know that I can rely on her for an honest opinion of cards and stuff, and she is always willing to show me anything that I dont know yet! I know that I can call her up to place an order anytime, or if I need just one more sheet of cs but dont want to place an order just then, or cant wait for it to arrive, I know I can get it from her.

She does stamp camps, which are a blast! So much fun! Plus, as I dont have all that many stamp sets (yet!!!) I know that if I need to, I can borrow hers anytime I need to. She knows that once I have used it, then I will REALLY want it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 01:02 PM   #21  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Because,..... because, . .. ...... because SHE'S KERI!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 03:09 PM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

I love my demo! I loving going to her stamp camps at her house and wandering up to her stamping room to explore her playground.

And she isn't pushy at all. She did a party and one of our friends brought all of her SU stuff with her in a box to make sure she wouldn't buy something that she didn't already have. Well, this friend has never used her stuff (she's been to several workshops, it has to do with her being a bit compulsive) and my demo said that she wouldn't sell her anymore stuff if she didn't start using her stuff. She made my friend promise that she would use her box of previously bought stuff.

But the thing I really like about her is that she mounts our stamps for us. That makes me so happy! I once bought at another workshop and was so scared to mount my own stamps!

She is also a great person with a great personality. She once met me early in the morning before I was leaving town so that I could have my stuff for my mom's Christmas gift.

If I ever become a demo, I will model myself after her and I guess that I will have to get over my fear of mounting stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 04:02 PM   #23  
Kookie Creator

This is tough :? - I love my Demo because she inspires me, I look forward to & am inspired by her stamping, I want to learn from her & impress her with what I'm doing. She offers tons of workshops - OSW, scrap page of the mth, card of the mth, stamp camp, which if your a crazy stamper you have to do!!! Also - with kids @ home the only way I can really stamp is away from home. She's always showing us new techniques. I keep saying I don't need anymore stamps, then I go to a class & have to have what we're using!!

Now the tough part :oops: - a lot of my friends have signed up as demos under her & when that happens the first expectation is that thier friends will start using them as a demo - but... I've tried them & (not to sound cocky) but I think my stamping is as good as or better then theirs - They don't inspire me, they don't offer enough workshops, they are not knowledgable about techniques - they are not crazy stampers!!

- Kelly A.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 04:16 PM   #24  
Mini Quack

Default Love your S U demo

Well over a year ago I went to my first workshop...loved the demonstrator but not the product...then I thought I would at least try the alphabet stamps...save on stickers in my scrapbooking.... then a year later I hosted another workshop...got into it more...wanted to make Christmas cards, my same demo was better this time so I enjoyed more
Now I love my demonstrator even more I have a new demo...my youngest daughter...and she lets her creativity escape every time she does a workshop or class... for that matter every card she creates a card...so I get all excited all over again.. I believe she is doing so well because of her enthusiasm...love of what she is doing and of course a great customer base... she ties to show and do one new techniche or idea and that helps her to learn as well as keep her customers wanting to know more... Good luck be positive... and just go forward... you will be fine....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 04:42 PM   #25  
Die Cut Diva

I love my demo for many reasons:

1) she is very easy to get a hold of. I was with another demo before and it was impossible to reach her! This one isn't.

2) she has a really nice, gentle way of explaining new techniques etc in a way that doesn't make you feel dumb.

3) her hostess gifts are awesome! She makes up little kits with a couple stampin' spots, little misc. stamps, embellishments all in a little case.

4) she tries to make all her work shops exciting and different. I ALWAYS come away from her house having learnt something.

5) her workshops aren't just cards or scrapbooking. In fact, this w/e we are decorating some vases using mullberry paper and stamps. I can't figure out how we are going to do this but I'm sure it will be fabulous!

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 04:47 PM   #26  
Mad Swapper

:shock: :oops:

uhhh...Thanks, Bob Marley....I need a kleenex....

now about that scrapbooking.....you're my hero and inspiration!
SCS member #549
My Gallery
"Let your little light shine...."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 05:11 PM   #27  
Compulsive Stamper

First of all, she's one of my best friends! Also, she was not pushy about stampin. She just showed me a catalog one day and then showed me how to stamp a candle and I was hooked. She is always very encouraging about my work and has a WONDERFUL personality. She makes everyone at a workshop feel at ease and wants us to have FUN!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 05:41 PM   #28  
Glitter Queen

Thank you for posting this topic and all the replies...it is great timing for me!
I am a fairly new demo in a town I moved to only 6 months ago. I don't know an awful lot of people and find that getting bookings for workshops is a challenge. (I just had a workshop with 12 ladies and no bookings :( )
I will take the great advise you all offered and continue to follow up with my current customers. Hopefully, it is all just a matter of time...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 05:47 PM   #29  
Insane Embellisher

Her personality-she's very easy going, never seems harried or frazzled...even though 5 ladies just talked through her demo and/or explanation and now want personal directions on what she just taught....(no I'm not one of the talkers, but it just amazes me how rude people are and she just lets it roll...)

Tons of samples... i always decide what I want ahead and she changes my mind when i look at her sample sets...

Great stamp camps-on a monthly or even twice monthly basis---which includes snacks and door prizes...

I'm in a monthly club and she teaches us advanced classes...specific to our desire of new techniques we want to learn...

So I guess knowing me and what I like is what keeps me coming back. did it happen over night? no, it's a relationship we've built over the years and I'm so glad to be able to call her friend now

She spoils us ;) and we love her
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 05:55 PM   #30  
Matboard Maniac

I love my demo first of all because she's a great friend. I met her through another friend at, of all things, a stamping party. I also love her because she knows how to do EVERYTHING, and I do mean EVERYTHING. I might read about a technique in a magazine, but chances are I don't undersand everything they are saying much less try it. But she does try it and then shows me how to do it. She is also very generous with her time, her supplies and her talents. When we get together for scrapbook nights (or at least that's what we tell our husbands we are doing) she doesn't hesitate to take a break from her project to help me work on mine or suggest ideas to make my page or card better. I really love her because she is genuine and really, really talented!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 05:56 PM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

My demo is the BEST!!! (hsmom71) all kinds of freebies, lets me "play" with her stamps, she bought all the re-inkers and i have the stampin spots so we get to use the re-inkers... gives out cards for new ideas, helps me with swaps.. and she does this for ALL her customers.. pretty cool demo huh??? i cant even tell all the great things she does!!!

~Falicia~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 05:57 PM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1. She ALWAYS tells us if we can get the same thing cheaper or in different quantities (gingham ribbon at Walmart) elsewhere. She is clearly not all about money. She even taught us how to make our own wheel guides with rulers and pop dots.

2. She will loan us sets so we can decide if we would really use them much or not.

3. She hates the new SU stamp pads as much as we do and told us how to get blank pads just like the old SU pads and use reinkers to make our own.

4. 10 club is a real hook. I have been in her 10 club for over 4 years and have never missed a club (even went 2 days after major surgery and went on drugs!! LOL).

5. She offers us good deals and discounts and encourages those of us who are friends to combine orders to save on shipping.

6. If we want to place an order, she does it that day instead of holding it.

7. She lets us order things before they come out to consumers. For example I was dying for the canvas background. She did not want it so she ordered hers and sold it to me. She is great at finding ways to get us stuff fast and at good deals.

8. She serves a wonderful chocolate dessert at every 10 club. No one wants to miss it LOL.

9. We make at least 5 things at 10 club and she makes the projects for the people who miss and gives them to them.

10. She delivers our orders the day she gets them.

11. She gives us so many goodies and items!

12. When you are a hostess you get a package of 10 of her awesome handmade cards and a free stamp from a basket of stamps she has in addition to regular hostess things.

13. She will explain any technique you want.

14. She answers her e-mail and phone messages daily.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 06:03 PM   #33  
Polyshrink Goddess

I LOVE my demonstrator because she is just the nicest, sweetest, most generous person I've ever met! Aside from her wonderful personality, though, she is a great demo because she offers stamp camps at her house and she will also let you host your party at her house! (You bring the goodies, but how nice to not have to clean your own place!!!!) The other thing I love about her is that she constantly educates herself on new techniques. Her cards are stunning and she reads magazines, takes classes, goes on the internet, and puts in many hours perfecting great techniques. She's the best, and I wouldn't buy from anyone else - ever.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 06:15 PM   #34  
Rubber Obsessor

My demonstrator is great. I've only been doing SU since before Christmas. I think what makes her so unique is her personality, and her enthusiasm. She is always encouraging. During her workshops, club, or stamp-a-stacks she'll help anyway she can. She doesn't mind giving some of her secret tips. She's just one of us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 06:15 PM   #35  
Kookie Creator

I like my demo for a lot of reasons. People have covered the personality, being knowledgeable, being easy to reach, etc. My demo was a friend before she became a demo, but I like a lot of the little extras she does to keep you hooked.

- She has the camps at her house regularly with door prizes

- If you want to host a party she offers to have the party at her house, which I love because I get the hostess benefits without having to clean my house and get my husband and kids out of the house. She also offers a free gift to invited guests who bring a friend.

- She keeps track of how many camps you attend and for every ten you get a $14.95 stamp set free.

- She keeps track of your how much you spend and for every $250 in product you get a $19.95 stamp set free.

- She has bunches of samples to look through.

- She is more than willing to help put together an idea for a special occation.

- She gives a discount for the month of your birthday.

I could go on, but those are the main ones that come to mind right now.

Rebecca
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 06:19 PM   #36  
Kookie Creator

I'm so jealous of all of you, I do have a demo and she is ok, she doesn't do any stamp camps, every now and then she will have people over for scrap nights, but I can only think of two that she has done in the last 6-8 months. I am in her stampers 10 club, I found her through the SU site, she lives in my neighborhood. I have NEVER seen one of her cards! My last one was even worse, she never delivered when she said she would and a couple of times I had to go pick it up. She catered mostly to her church group. Can I come play with you!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2005, 06:42 PM   #37  
ncs
Polyshrink Goddess

I first started stamping when I lived in Minnesota, so I always have to credit Robin Garcia for getting me hooked!! ( a little "plug" there...)
Once I moved to Ohio, I found a demo who was nice, but not passionate about SU. In her demo, she'd suggest how you could save money by getting "paper by the pound" at a paper store an hour away, or buying adhesives, etc. at Wal-Mart or wherever. I mean, hey...SU has it all and it would help her sales to suggest buying the best...SU! I was never really inspired by her cards, etc. either. I'd go to every workshop held among my group of friends and it was the same 'ol same 'ol at each workshop.
I met my current demo when I was invited to a friend's workshop several years ago.
What do I love about her? (Top 10)
1) She is a great person inside and out!
2) Stamp camps, crops, etc. each month
3) E-mail newsletter promoting SU specials, thanking her hostesses from the previous months, and sharing her upcoming stamp camps, SU! factoids, etc.
4) Each June, she has her yearly Hostess Appreciation Brunch...all hostesses from the last "catalog year" are invited and royally spoiled with great food, great projects and "awards"(highest workshop sales, most workshops in one year, etc.) She usually gives gift certificates for product, etc. Everyone goes home with a gift bag full of goodies...
5) Her passion and loyalty to SU!...I am proud of her since she got in the $20,000 sales group and got to walk across stage at convention. Woo hoo!She originally became a demo to get alphabet sets at a discount.
6) I am always learning something from her. She truly uses her resources such as the SU demo website and Stampin' Success to build her business.
7) If you host a workshop, you are in her Hostess Club for 6 months...She sends you a special card, which includes a little newsletter announcing a hostess-only special, etc. I have taken advantage of her specials this way and it is always a treat to get free stuff.
8 She is excellent with her downline...always has monthly meetings for them to connect, etc. If I ever become a demo, I know I'll have great support from her.
9) All hostesses get an e-mail showing the UPS tracking of their order. It is so fun to see where the goodies are and when they will be on your doorstep.
10) Her youngest daughter's name is Natalie...how cool is that? She wasn't named after me, though.

Whoa...this is getting long and I could think of more and more... I love love love my demo! Thanks for reading!
Reply With Quote Likes