Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-07-2005, 05:48 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happens if you don't meet your $300.00 quota?

I've been doing a lot of reading on here about the benefits of becoming a demo, but I've not been able to find out what happens if, for some reason, you aren't able to meet that $300.00 quota.

I'm seriously interested in becoming a demo, but I have my concerns about signing up. I don't have many friends/family who are into stamping, etc. I'm getting ready to host my first party on Friday (3/11), and I'm SO excited . I want to wait and see how the party goes before I decide whether or not to jump in.

Also, I've only been stamping/scrapbooking since August of last year. Am I getting ahead of myself here? Should I wait until I can develop more skills with this stuff?

Thanks, all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2005, 05:58 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

No, there's no need to wait. You should be able to find lots of tutorials and/or get help from your upline when you sign. There have been many demos who started with less knowledge than you currently have.

If you don't meet the quota, you have one month to make up the shortfall plus $100 towards the new quarter (good faith effort). If you don't make it, you are dropped from the demo ranks. No need to send anything back, no other penalty. You can re-sign later if you need to, although it will be at least six months before you are allowed to do so again.

$300 is really just a good workshop, so you should be able to do that in a quarter. Plus, if you normally spend money yourself, that is helping you and not someone else meet their quota.

Good luck. I say "go for it".
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2005, 06:00 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

First of all, you are not getting ahead of yourself. I wish that I had signed up long before I did. I just think of all of the money that I spent with my demo (current upline) and wish that I had had the discount much much sooner. If you love it go ahead and do it.

If you don't make the $300 quarterly minimum SU moves your demonstrator status from "active" to "pending". Then you have one month to make up the difference plus add $100. I have never actually been there, but that is my understanding. Then if you can't do that, it is just not the end of the world (well maybe a little bit) and your demonstratorship will be cancelled.

My suggestions would be to go ahead and try it. You really won't lose anyting. The started kit is worth every penny. I hope that this helps a bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2005, 06:20 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Starter Kit?

What happens if you have most of the stuff in the starter kit already?! :lol: Also, what's the difference, if any between a "regular" demo and a hobby demo?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2005, 06:50 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Starter Kit?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendita
What happens if you have most of the stuff in the starter kit already?! :lol: Also, what's the difference, if any between a "regular" demo and a hobby demo?
That is why I held off buying the Stampin' Pastels. But then someone on another board made a great point: You keep one set for yourself and use the other at demos. She said there are times she is happy to sit down with a complete set of pencils or chalks that are not all smeared up. :lol:

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2005, 06:52 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

You can modify the starter kit to your own needs. There are a couple of things that they won't allow you to substitute - but sometimes you need to have multiples of things.

To SU - there is no difference of what type of demo you're...you're just a demo. To the individual demo - if you are a hobby demo - it just means that you sign-up to get the discount and nothing else. You're not interested in having workshops, etc...

Check my blog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2005, 07:00 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I don't think you're getting ahead of yourself at all! When I joined, I never even stamped before in my life, until I went to my first and only SU! party. I was hooked and joined immediately! I had been scrapbooking for three years prior to joining and saw the potential of using stamps in my books. I haven't looked back since!
Tina
Stampin' Up! Supervisor
(�.�� (� ;.*TiNa .~*

mY GallErY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2005, 07:13 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I'm new to the posting thing but i've been a demo since may 04, i joined after my second SU! party, my first was a disaster with the demo calling 2 hours before the party to tell me she couldn't make it! i managed to pull off a $200 workshop with two stamp pads one stamp set and scrap computer paper!!!!!Not to mention without a Demo!!!

I say go for it! i only do one card class a quarter to meet my quota, but i'm going to try for $1000 this spring into action period!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2005, 07:18 AM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm so glad someone asked this question. I signed up to be a demo last week and I was wondering the same thing. If you think about it though, $300 is a pretty low amount to sell in 3 months. I'm so excited to start!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2005, 07:20 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Not to hijack, but I thought the 6 mo. wait to sign up again was only if you wanted to switch uplines? Otherwise I didn't think you had to wait...?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2005, 07:21 AM   #11  
Forum Fanatic

Ya, I definately say go for it! I only first heard of SU last August and I became a demo in January - it was worth every penny. I said at first that all I cared about was meeting the min. requirement to stay active but now I am trying to do as many workshops as possible b/c I want practically EVERYTHING in the catty!! I am an accessories-aholic!! I HAVE to have it all! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2005, 07:25 AM   #12  
Glitter Queen

Thank you guys for all the information! You are are so helpful! Just one more question: of course the discount will be WONDERFUL, since I'm addicted to stamping and scrapping, but what's the commission you earn? How much money can I make doing this?

Thank you again!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2005, 07:29 AM   #13  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Off the top you make 20%.

Then as your sales increase you get a bigger percentage of the sales back in the form of a check. If you contact your demo who you are signing up with, she will have a book with the charts to show your percentages (etc.) and hpw you can get more than 20%.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2005, 07:48 AM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

I just went through this. I didn't make my 4th quarter minimum and I was put on pending status for January and didn't make up the shortfall, so as of Feb 1st I was no longer a demo. No one contacted me to ask why or try to get me to stay on. Your upline is notified of your status.

I started stamping in March of 2003 and became a demo in August 2003. I do wish that I had waited until I was more knowledgable in different techniques as my first workshop was pretty basic. I didn't know about this site at the time, so the fact that you have this place to come for inspiration and questions you should do fine! Everyone catches on at different rates. :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2005, 07:59 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just signed up not long ago, and I love it! I say whether you think you'll be able to keep up with the quarterly quotas or not, you should try it anyway. The starter kit is awesome, especially since you can customize what stamp sets and inks you want to get in the even you already have them...I'm thrilled. I signed on the end of January, your first quarter is waived, to give you time to get started, but I've already had $1,200 in sales! (Some are my own purchases, but the majority is from others) My suggestion is, sign up, if you want, have a workshop in your home, and try to do divers projects, but make them EASY so people can feel it's easy enough for them to do...even if they aren't "crafty". HTH - Good luck!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes