Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-26-2005, 04:40 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RUN...don't walt to TARGET

Oh, ladies - I just dropped $25 in the DOLLAR SPOT at Target. It was all new stuff for spring!!!!!! I picked up cute dish towls to stamp on. POST IT notes and long POST ITs for grocery lists were there. There were adorable little cans for Easter Baskets or just plain gift giving.....cute little see thru purses that were screaming for StazOn! Go Now!!!

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...00&ppuser=8975
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2005, 05:53 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, I just came from there, and did not see any of the CUTE stuff you mentioned, however, I too dropped a little more than $25....all because I went to look for ribbon organizers which they were out of this time...wonder why!!??

What did the dish towels look like? colored? stripe on the bottom? And the easter cans?? Sounds cute! I hope our Target will be stocking these things that I don't need....

I got mostly scrapping stuff for my dd who is 9. She likes the girly-girl stuff and flowers. Found plenty of it there! In the office supply section, they had cute colored staplers WITH matching staples for 1.99...so I got a teal and a purple one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 03:30 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

I was there yesterday also and found packages of gel pens which will be perfect for beads. I found 3 different color combinations - 12 pens for $3!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 03:47 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

OK we havent got SU, we havent got walmart, we havent got Michaels, we havent got any of the great stuff you have there!

Now I am going to cry!

Caz (who is stamping her feet and no I dont mean in a rubber stamp kinda way)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 04:06 AM   #5  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,035 Likes on 476 Posts

A Place For Ink - I hate to tell you this, but you may not be able to get those ribbon organizers any more! They have been on clearance for a few weeks and usually that means they're gone for good. I got one about a week and a half ago for a friend and they were down to like 2-3 left. I'm sure they're gone here now, too.

Maybe someone else got a couple extra and will be trading or selling them in the BST forum?

Debbi
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 05:54 AM   #6  
Babe-Alicious!!

I sent my DH to the Target by his work yesterday and he cleared out the clearance. He found me 4 ribbon organizers, 1 card organizer and 2 other organizers, not sure what the name is but they have 3 compartments inside. I am going to check out another Target today to see if they have more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 06:26 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Rubber Room Resident

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

What section of the store do they keep the ribbom organizers in? I'll have to check ours today and pick up extras in case anyone here wants one. Hopefully I'll get lucky.
I hit that dollar area too. Isn't it great? I got mini staplers and packs of colored staples, mini albums, cute little organdy hinged boxes, a fluffy duck basket, and some kitchen gadgets. They knew where to put that stuff, right at the front entrance. They have all kinds of Easter basket stuffers for the kids too in case you want to cut back on candy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 06:28 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am jealous - my Target did not have colored staplers/staples in the $1 section - in fact I could not find them anywhere.

Glitter Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 06:36 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

Oh darn...I didn't see the staplers either. The little buckets were metal and pastel colored. They were about 4.5 inches tall. My stores are cleared out of the ribbon organizers as well.

Someone asked about the towels. They are mostly white and have a deep weave to them. They have a simple stripe pattern and I bought those with a medium pink and blue. Don't know what I'm stamping on them yet - have to get them out of the wash and see what hits me.

Have a beautiful day.

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...00&ppuser=8975
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 06:42 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingcaz
OK we havent got SU, we havent got walmart, we havent got Michaels, we havent got any of the great stuff you have there!

Now I am going to cry!

Caz (who is stamping her feet and no I dont mean in a rubber stamp kinda way)
Caz, I feel your pain. :(

I do have a Wal Mart; but it's not a big one, so it doesn't carry all the cool stuff that others seem to find at Wal Mart. Both Michael's and Target are an hour away from me so my trips to them are very rare . . .and the two dollar stores on the island are 20 and 30 min. away from me and NEITHER one carries diddly worth stamping on. . . (Dotty, bless your heart a thousand times, my friend)

I'm livin' for the day when that little trick they show on Star Trek (you know, where they just beam you over to a location and beam ya' back?) becomes reality. LOLLOLLOL! I'm gonna have to live a very long time, eh?

Do you know anyone travelling here in the States that might be able to bring such items back for you?

Or, is there a US military base anywhere near you? I don't know anybody, but perhaps through the network, someone here knows someone stationed there, and could ship some items over and you could meet and pick them up? I know that's a looooooong shot, but, geeze, desperate times call for desperate measures!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 07:01 AM   #11  
Forum Fanatic

Our Target doesn't have a dollar spot. I was kind of bummed. I guess it's just their thing or something. Very odd!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 07:14 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

In the office section is where I found the colored staples along with shaped brads and circle paperclips. The brads are like .99 and the paperclips were more but were in copper and brown.

How much would it cost to ship a care package to London? I have a problem with buying to much when I see something new so I have extras of the paperclips, brads, and staples.
SCS #11408
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 07:52 AM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

....all because I went to look for ribbon organizers which they were out of this time...wonder why!!??

Does anyone have a picture of the ribbon organizer? I've visited my Target. They probably thought I was a shoplifter because I just roamed from aisle to asile LOL I'd like to see a picture and explain it to other family members so they can be on the look for them, too. TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 07:54 AM   #14  
Quacker Stamper

Received 1,072 Likes on 854 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanniebabes
I sent my DH to the Target by his work yesterday and he cleared out the clearance. He found me 4 ribbon organizers, 1 card organizer and 2 other organizers, not sure what the name is but they have 3 compartments inside. I am going to check out another Target today to see if they have more.
If you don't have a stamp pad holder, those other organizers are great for them. The new bigger size fits in them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 08:30 AM   #15  
Babe-Alicious!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschoener
Quote:

If you don't have a stamp pad holder, those other organizers are great for them. The new bigger size fits in them.
I am using the other ones to store the $1 items that I got at Target. Those little boxes fit perfectly in there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 08:44 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR

I'm livin' for the day when that little trick they show on Star Trek (you know, where they just beam you over to a location and beam ya' back?) becomes reality. LOLLOLLOL! I'm gonna have to live a very long time, eh?
Julie, right there with you! Waiting for that day as well. Not much on your Island (I lived on Fidalgo Island for a little while) and we have even less on this Island (Sicily). I warned dh that when we get back to the states the checkbook will be in a world of hurt. LOL!

Good luck everyone finding your treasures!
Bonnie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 11:53 AM   #17  
Quacker Stamper

I ran over to Target on my lunch hour and found all kinds of neat things. They had the metal buckets, painted spring colors. I thought I could stamp my grandchildren's names on them and fill them for Easter. Do you think StazOn would stay on. Maybe if I sprayed over them. My Target also had a bunch of embellishment items in the $$ section - words & phrases, 3-D stickers, wire heart clips, charms, little vellum envelopes would be cute for tags on cards or on scrapbook pages. I found the gel pens all different colors. I went a little crazy :lol: :lol: I'm going to check the one by my house after work to see what they have. I also bought them out of the ribbon containers and the other box containers. My friend at work took the ribbon containers, but if the other Target still has some, I'm going to buy all those too. Then I'll let you all know if anyone still wants any of them. :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 12:06 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

JULIE HRR: I did find a card organizer for you! Are you still needing/wanting one?

Regarding where the ribbon organizers are:
They were on the end cap between gift wrap and where the candles start....I looked at the Seattle locations...Northgate and Alderwood.

I have a couple that I found there a few weeks back, but was looking for a couple of ladies here on SCS! Good luck everyone!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 12:33 PM   #19  
Glitter Queen

If only Target was consistent! Different locations have different stuff. I hit a few this past week and they all had different stock. (which is good and bad I suppose.) I preferred the color staples in the stationery aisle vs. the $1 spot b/c the $1 ones were actually smaller and dont' fit in a regulation stapler! (well, the mini stapler was there for $1 too...) No!... Can't.. buy.. too.. much.. Put.. it.. back! ;) I think the best find were the epoxy stickers/alphabets, but from what I could tell, they must have come out a while ago b/c I didn't find that many left.

Postings on other boards made it easier for me to find stuff (and whether or not I really needed to go look for it!)
Here are some of the 3D stickers, etc. that I found:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 12:34 PM   #20  
Watercolor Wizard

tomorrow I am going to Target to get a new blowdryer, I will tell DH it costed more and hit the $1 spot! LOLOLOLOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 01:31 PM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

wow mikage99.... I didn't see ANY of that at our local Target :( I bought some epoxy but not those.....I hope we get them too...Love the metal too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 01:49 PM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

The Target near us has much of the same items in the picture Mikage99 posted. I also found some cool epoxy stickers that have a "retro" look to them with circles (like simple shapes, etc). One of them inspired me for my Cool Cat card that I'm using for a swap (I'll post it later).

They also had cute kitchen stuff that was all called "retro" I'm assuming because it looks like things you would find in a 50's/60's style kitchen - very cute. There were also glue sticks 3 for a $1 - I bought those for my youth group to use instead of all my SNAIL adhesive ;)

OH! in the same area as the embellishments they also had tiny little shopping bags 4 for a $1 w/ adhesive on the back. Very cute for scrapbooking or cards!
James 1:17
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 02:08 PM   #23  
Stampin' Fool

For those of you that do not have a Target but do have a Walmart....I found the nearly the same little metal pails, different colors similar to the following: only orange, green galore, pink passion, lavendar lace tempting turquoise. They did not have the premade ribbons attached. I found them in the Easter section for .97 each...woohoo even cheaper than Target!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 05:19 PM   #24  
Compulsive Stamper

I had decided not to go back out tonight, but after reading this thread I decided that I "had" to go for something else just so I could go to the $ spot again! I had stopped in yesterday while I was taking the children I nanny to shop, but didn't have much time to look for myself. What I did notice was that a lot had sold just since yesteday when I glanced at everything. I guess there are just tons of us Target junkies out there! I feel addicted to Target and need a "fix" usually once a week. I wish I had more $ just so I could have bought more!

I did also see that the card organizers, accessory boxes and ribbon organizers were now 50% off. The particular store I went to had several of the ribbon and card organizers. If there is anyone who needs one, let me know and I can try to pick them up and send to you (for cost plus shipping cost and maybe a RAK ).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 05:30 PM   #25  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I did also see that the card organizers, accessory boxes and ribbon organizers were now 50% off. The particular store I went to had several of the ribbon and card organizers. If there is anyone who needs one, let me know and I can try to pick them up and send to you (for cost plus shipping cost and maybe a RAK ).
If I were you, I'd go get whatever they had. I went to one today and got all theirs and a friend bought a ribbon organizer and 3 accessory boxes for me. I still have one accessory box, but my friend wants another ribbon box. There were also a couple ladies on this post from overseas who might want to pay for shipping to get some for themselves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 05:40 PM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

[/quote] How much would it cost to ship a care package to London? I have a problem with buying to much when I see something new so I have extras of the paperclips, brads, and staples.[/quote]

It can be expensive - I just did a trade with her for paint cans - I shipped 4 one gallon cans and had to do it surface (6-8 weeks! eek!) and it still was almost $12 and they weigh next to nothing! Airmail was almost $24!!!

BUT - if you can afford it - DO it!

Hey Caroline - did you sign up for Secret Sister????? Maybe your sister will bea super sweetie and send you GREAT treats!!!

Smiles

Kate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 06:00 PM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

If you can get the ribbon and storage boxes for a dollar at Target do it. I just checked E-bay since I live 100 miles from St.Louis, they are going for $14.99
and up to $50.00 for 4. Wish I lived closer to a Target store. But I'm glad that you ladies are getting the good buys.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 06:08 PM   #28  
Polyshrink Goddess

OK, I just got back from Target and ended up with $17 worth of $1 items. I got buttons, charms, dimentionals, sticker letters, little clothspins, post it flags, teeny tiny vellum envelopes, some cute little wire flowers, little shopping bags, a wooden 4x6 frame and some magnifying glasses so I can see where to put all these little things. WOW!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 06:09 PM   #29  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh, and one of those cute little yellow pails with a ribbon on it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2005, 09:10 PM   #30  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Target

Okay, everyday I see all these posts about the $ spot at Target and I am so upset because mine doesn't have one :( Well I went tonight to get other stuff (you know, stuff the family needs like bath soap, shampoo etc.) and there right as I walk in the door, bigger than life, there for probably every trip I have made the last month, yep, $spot. If it was a snake.......... anyway, I got so excited and found so many things I had to have and was soooo happy when I left. And pulled in the driveway and realized I didn't buy soap, shampoo etc. Had to go back cause I couldn't very well say they were out of soap!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2005, 03:16 AM   #31  
Gallery Gazer

*L* We were out dropping off my parent's car to the dealer the other day and mom and I talked daddy into stopping at Target (as we say it: Tar-zhay) so we could raid the $1spot. Found some cute magnetic frames that I thought would be fun to play with and mom about cleared them out of those retro women magnets which we played with last night *LOL* There is another one on the west end of the city and mom thinks we need to go there and see what they have. (sorry to say we have 2 for you people that have none).

We have more WalMArts than we ever need (and for some reason they feel the need to build more about 5 miles down the road from a huge one!), so if any of you want one, take them away! ;)

Jules
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2005, 04:22 AM   #32  
Glitter Queen

Wow, sounds like all of you have so much fun at Target. The closest to me is over 2 hours away. I make it there about once every 2 years! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2005, 07:15 AM   #33  
Glitter Guru

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I used to NEVER shop at Target. You ladies have me hooked on the dollar spot now! My husband keeps wondering what the facination is with Target all of a sudden.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2005, 07:37 AM   #34  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinhappy
I used to NEVER shop at Target. You ladies have me hooked on the dollar spot now! My husband keeps wondering what the facination is with Target all of a sudden.

OH just tell him what I tell my Hubby ~ they have the best looking stockers!!!! LOL :lol:

No really - I hit the store early so there are not too many people there - I think the folks that stock the shelves in the morning are wondering about me - "What is this lady doing" "She seems to be here every day"
I just love Target and have not had one for 3 years so I need to make up for lost time!!!!!

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2005, 07:41 AM   #35  
Polyshrink Goddess

Mshoener, Which of the boxes works best to store the ink pads? The card organizer or the accessory box?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2005, 07:46 AM   #36  
Babe-Alicious!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyt99
Mshoener, Which of the boxes works best to store the ink pads? The card organizer or the accessory box?
I believe she is talking about the accessory box.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2005, 07:51 AM   #37  
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyt99
I believe she is talking about the accessory box.
That's right - the accessory box. It's just the right size. :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2005, 01:04 PM   #38  
Hardware Hotshot

Okay for you ladies who have no Targets to shop at I feel for you. But if it makes you feel any better, I have SIX Targets (and there are two more opening soon) within driving distance of me and not one of them have any ribbon organizers left. I am totally bummed!

I did manage to get some things at the dollar spot. I have a friend who totally teases me about my dollar spot habit. I also found a lot of items in the stationery section, such as journals, photo holders, etc. that were on clearance. None of the items were more than $5. I am going to try to cover the journals and see how they turn out.

If anyone has any ribbon organizers they want to trade for, let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2005, 03:26 PM   #39  
Cardstock Collector

Default Cute plastic zipper bags at Target

Here is a photo (I hope) of the cute zipper bags in the $1 section at Target. They also come in blue. I used Royal Purple Stazon and Girlfriends set. Plastic feels flimsy, but zipper seems very nice...for the price. I am going to use for party favors for my daughter's birthday party. Will stamp each girls' name on and fill with candy, goodies, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
RUN...don't walt to TARGET-100_2161_small.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2005, 03:33 PM   #40  
Cardstock Collector

Default Cute plastic purses at Target

Okay, here is a photo of the cute plastice purses at Target....in the $1 section. At our Target (Normal, IL) they have blue and purple. I used Roayl Purple stazon and the Girlfriends set. Too cute! Actually nice for $1. Was especially impressed with the quality of the zipper. Will stamp with all the little girls' names that are coming to my daughter's birthday party and fill with candy and other goodies.
Attached Thumbnails
RUN...don't walt to TARGET-100_2161_small_322.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes