Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-23-2005, 04:11 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default demo discounts?

Not sure if I am going to be a demo or not....can anyone convince me? How much is the discount (I would be my own best customer, I think!)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2005, 04:24 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

SU demos make an instant earnings profit of 20% -- then you also receive a kick back based on your totals...those who doing a lot of sales make up to 12% more I believe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2005, 04:27 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am a new demo (signed up in Janaury). I signed up just to receive the discount! It's amazing how SU sells itself though, so all I can say is give it a try! To be an active demo, you only need to have sales of $300 per quarter (and that is before your discount)! So, if you purchase an average of $100 per month, just do it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2005, 04:41 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I am a new demo as well, and my advice to you is to SIGN up!!! But, before you do, shop around for the right person to sign up under. My upline is terrific! Be sure they have monthly meetings to share ideas and swaps and that your upline has a committment to SU and is EXCITED about sharing tips and techniques with you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2005, 05:03 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

But I also need to tell you that while a good upline is a nice thing to have, it's also possible to succeed with the help of this fantastic site. I am living proof that you can succeed in this business without having someone hold your hand. And when you do THAT you can look back and say, "I did this and I did it ALL BY MYSELF!"

That said, I think it's WAY worth it to sign up! You would have until June 2005 to sell your first $300. If you accomplish that, take it on a quarterly basis. See how it goes. Many people that sign up "for the discount" turn out to be the top sellers in the company!

Give it a shot. What do you have to lose? I know I offer my new recruits a money back guarantee. If they don't want to do shows, I purchase all their business supplies so they get to keep the fun stuff!
- Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2005, 05:10 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

But I also need to tell you that while a good upline is a nice thing to have, it's also possible to succeed with the help of this fantastic site. I am living proof that you can succeed in this business without having someone hold your hand. And when you do THAT you can look back and say, "I did this and I did it ALL BY MYSELF!"
I totally agree with having a great upline being a nice thing, but there are many of us that thought we had signed up under someone who would be supportive, but later find out how wrong we really were !!! :( I've been a demo since June and haven't heard from my upline since October, so I'm flying solo and thanks to SCS, I'm still loving being a demonstrator !!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2005, 05:34 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

There is so much more to SU than the instant income. For instance, our sales during the Sell-A-Brate promotion earn free stamp sets. Sales during the Spring into Action promotion earn free hostess sets from the 2005-2006 catalog and idea book. In addition, you would be representing a company that is very responsive to its customers, demonstrators and mankind in general. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2005, 06:46 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

There is so much more to SU than the instant income. For instance, our sales during the Sell-A-Brate promotion earn free stamp sets. Sales during the Spring into Action promotion earn free hostess sets from the 2005-2006 catalog and idea book. In addition, you would be representing a company that is very responsive to its customers, demonstrators and mankind in general. Good luck!
Very good point !!!

Another great thing about becoming a demo is all of the great new friends you'll meet and all the fun you'll have sharing your addition for stamping !!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2005, 04:46 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Default becoming a demo

Thanks for all the advice! I am really thinking about it now!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2005, 04:54 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

you should sign up!

its so much fun! We get to pre-order sets before they actually come out...the discount! I love it. I am mostly a hobby demo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2005, 11:35 AM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

I signed up to be a "hobby demo" as I have been spending about $50 a month on SU for the past 8 months. I have two friends who stamp as well and I'm sure the three of us will make the limit together. If not, I'll stop. The demo kit was a good deal itself!! I see it as a win/win scenario. I was able to substitute sets in the kit to get what I wanted -- they were things I would have bought anyway. AND you have no sales requirement the quarter you sign on. Have I convinced you yet?

This site is soooo helpful as well. Just reading the questions others ask has given me so much information. I'm sure my upline doesn't realize how many e-mails she would get if it were not for SCS!!!

I say GO FOR IT!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2005, 02:45 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Being a demo...

I am saving to sign up!!! I taught the beginner level stamping class last summer and it was a big success, so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find enough customers... Not to mention all of the discounts on the high quality "SU" products :o) Go for it!!!

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you." (Taylor Swift)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2005, 05:37 PM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

This is my first post; I hope I do it right...

Anyways, I just signed up about 3 weeks ago (after stamping for about 4 YEARS!). I had lots of stamps & accessories as it was & then one day as I was just going through an order I received, it dawned on me, WHY NOT become a demo? I'm already buying/using the stuff & going to camps at least once a month.

My final thought was I'd have 6 months to give it a shot. If I succeed, Awesome! If I didn't succeed, I just got a TON of stuff including stamp sets & discounts, etc.

I'm having my first scheduled camp in 3 weeks. Wish me luck!!

By the way, it was after I signed up as a demo, my 1st upline introduced me to SCS. I LOVE this site!! By the way, can someone clue me in on some of the terms used (ie SAHM = stay at home mom. What is DH?)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2005, 05:50 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Save this page!!!!

I saved this page to my PC, why you ask? For all the super great ideas to get recruits!!! I just signed up in January because of the great upline that I found. I have been a SU customer for over 5 years but my last demonstrator just handed me the catalog each year either for $10 or a $150 party and didn't help me with by showing me how to use all the wonderful things. No workshops, nothing. She finally quit and I had to find another Demonstrator. Well lets just say the monthly meetings are great, I have 17 new friends now who all enjoy sharing their wonderful ideas. I couldn't be happier, oh did I mention when I hold a workshop or a Stamp Camp I get to meet new people & I use my instant 20% savings to buy me something new!!! Oh yes, Christmas every week or so! YEAH BABY!!!

Furkids; Matilda Louise, Zoe, Boy, Queso, and Spooky.
Reply With Quote Likes