View Single Post
Old 07-24-2004, 06:15 PM   #14
stempelpaso
Glitter Queen

Hey! Melissa (Mel) in Alaska! I was excited to read your post and see that you were practically a neighbor! It's been a while since I was in the Carlsbad area, but my husband took two Lithuanian military students from Ft. Bliss (which you are probably also familiar with) to the Caverns in February and had a blast. We are hoping to get up to McKittrick Canyon for a fall colors hike this year.

Isn't it a shame that people think the desert is full of "nothing?" If they would just take the time to go out into it, they would see that it teeming with wonderful plants and animals. But I guess I can appreciate the panic attacks that newcomers have; when I head north, I am sometimes overwhelmed by all the green. It's all a matter of what you're accustomed to, I suppose. How long has it been since you lived in this area?

Not to make you too homesick or anything, but this morning at the farmers' market they were roasting chile. Love the smell, love the flavor, gotta have it at least once/week! Last summer my best friend came for a visit from Iowa and she and I peeled, seeded, and froze 30 lbs worth...all gone now, so it's a good thing the season is upon us again!

BTW, is the PM an optional thing, or does everyone who registers automatically get it? Is it possible to not have it?
Annick
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!