Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-20-2005, 01:05 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you make more than one of the same card?

Its so time consuming to take everyhting out - when you sit down to stamp how do you organize yourself? I feel like I'm more productive when I make 3 or 4 of the same card...but then I don't have a lot of variety...what do you do?

Maisy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 01:15 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I usually make 4 or 6 of the same card. I give sets of cards away all the time as gifts so I take one of each kind I have premade. That way I get an great assortment. I do sets of 3, 6 or 12 with matching envelopes. I use them for bday presents, thank-yous, hostess gifts etc. By having 6 different styles of cards all the time I always have plenty to choose from and any time I get a new stamp set I make some cards right away. I store all of these cards in a couple of file folders in my filing cabinet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 01:16 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sometimes I take 1 set and make a variety pack of cards, get well, birthday, friendship, etc I make about 6 cards, place envelopes with and tie with a ribbon. People at work love buying them so they have cards for all occasions
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 01:17 PM   #4  
Postapalooza Mama

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes, I do make more than one of the same @ a time. Learned the hard
way not to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 01:19 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

When I sit down and finally come up with a design, I don't want to waste all that creative thinking on one card, so I will make at least 2 and up to 4 cards in that design. What I will do is change the color combo a bit, but not the original design.
I wish I were creative enough to be able to think up a new design every day and or anytime I want to make a card, maybe then I would just make one at a time, but I think I would still do at least 2. But then I will never go back and do that design again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 01:19 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I try to make at least four of the same card at a time - advice my demo gave me very early. By doing this, I have three to send and one to keep as a sample.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 01:20 PM   #7  
Mad Swapper

When I take evrything out to play I always make at least 2 of the same cards, usually I make 4. That way I have 1 to keep in my creating box & 3 I can send out. I find this works best for me. I too give away set samplers for birthdays etc. so it's nice to have the assortment ready to package up & go.

Karrie G.
SCS Member #8990

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/karrieg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 01:22 PM   #8  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I usually make 2 or 3 of the same card. Sometimes I send them, sometimes I give them to hostesses. If a card really took a long time to make I only make one.
Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 01:25 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

I also stamp a group of cards at a time. I try to get a theme going, so if I have a couple of birthdays coming up, I make a stack of the same card. It also helps if you have a limited amount of time because it easily lends itself to assembly line stamping. I can use one night to cut the cs, the second night to stamp the image and the third night to put the card together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 01:28 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I am so glad you ladies told me this.
I have never amde more than 1 card at time, but making several of the same design is a very good idea!!

:oops: SORRY ROOKIE HERE :oops:

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 01:37 PM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Stamping multiple cards...

I am a newby here so I hope I get this right and it goes to the right place. I have started making several of the same design at one time also b/c it is so time saving. For instance I just last night took the Lexicon of Love set and made 20 cards (Birthday, friendship, thank you) using the same design and cardstock. I also have learned this the hard way.

Stacey
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 01:41 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

I always make more than one - unless my design stinks!
But I figure, since I have all the stuff out, it's much more efficient that way. I always keep one for a sample, too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 01:41 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

The only time I usually make more than one of the same card is when it's for a holiday. For instance, for Valentine's day last week I made probably about 6 or so of the exactly same card to send to a bunch of different people. Usually for birthdays I only make one card at a time so I can personalize it and everyone doesn't get the exact same birthday card through the year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 03:00 PM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only twice have I duplicated one of my designs, and both times it was because the same customer wanted more than one. :?
I enjoy the creative process and don't like making duplicates....there are just too many ideas rolling around in my head!
What I will sometimes do is stamp a half sheet of CS with an over-all design and cut it up for different looks. I've never done a whole OSW because I think I'd be bored too quickly!
I've also stamped the same image several times, cut them out, and tried to come up with completely different cards using the same image. I love doing that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 03:21 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes most of the time I do two or more of the same card
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 03:54 PM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

When I first started stamping (four years ago), I only made one of each card because I wanted everyone to get an original birthday card. I'm sorry now, though, because I "lost" a lot of ideas that way. I've been a demo for 2 1/2 years and just after I started I had a lady request a "mass producing" stamp camp. I call it a "Stamp-A-Stack." I prepare card stock & supplies for four cards each of five different designs, so a total of 20 cards. These ladies are hooked and do this monthly. I don't know what they do with theirs, but this is what I do with mine. I save one, if it is a design I especially like, to put in my set sampler for that stamp set. Then I send one or two out if they are birthday cards, and the rest I put in my door prize box. I keep a box full of goodies, with special "hostess only" items, along with cards, etc. and let them pick what they want. If they choose cards, they get to choose 3.

If I don't have enough cards from my workshop for upcoming birthdays (I send an average of 10 a month, sometimes more) then I find a design I LOVE and make multiples for everyone who has a birthday that month. Last May, I had 10 female birthdays, so I made them all the same card and didn't feel one bit bad that they didn't get an "original."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 04:05 PM   #17  
Watercolor Wizard

I am still fairly new to this whole stamping "Thing" but I do a little of everything. I have made a couple repeats of one or 2 designs because they are really neat and people seem to love them. Then there are others that only 1 has been made of so far. HOWEVER, I also keep a binder full of layout sketches and each card I have made has a template in my book. Some are CASED off of here but others are original design. I just finished a box (used a gable box) of cards for my mom - made one card for each year of her life (52 years!) for her birthday which is coming up in March. She is always sending people cards for birthdays and other things and so there are 52 all-occasion cards in the box along with envelopes. I also just finished making my girlfriend 12 Thank you cards for her to give to people for baby shower gift thank yous. Not a single one is duplicated. I just have so many ideas and things I want to try and I get bored easily if I don't vary it each time!!

That all said, (MAN I TALK ALOT!!!), I am planning on going away next weekend and my goal for this week is to come up with a couple different themes/sets that I can mass produce for while I am gone - using only 2 or 3 basic colors and stuff. I don't have a lot of space to work in or to take stuff so I need to do this to keep supply space under control!! However, it will be the first time I have done this and will be quite a challenge!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 04:11 PM   #18  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by look-inkgood
I always make more than one - unless my design stinks!
But I figure, since I have all the stuff out, it's much more efficient that way. I always keep one for a sample, too.
I'm there with you. I've made a lot of stinkers in my day. I do save those in a special place and go back from time to time to see if I can "fix" it and make it better after having some time away.

otherwise, I usually make at least 4 of each and then keep some, mail some, give some to my mom for her use, use as hostess gifts or door prizes, etc...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 04:41 PM   #19  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish I could say that I always make 4 of each design. It really makes a lot of sense. However I almost always stamp in a hurry. I'm lucky to get one card done to put in the mail the next day for a birthday or whatever. Never time to make the duplicates. :(

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 06:15 PM   #20  
Compulsive Stamper

Default more than one

I rarely make more than one of a card. I make them, partly, to see how it will turn out and if I can do it. But I get bored easily and like to do lots of different cards and see how many things I can come up with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 07:08 PM   #21  
Embossing Fanatic

i feel a little like a freak show now that i've read all the responses on this thread. :oops: i usally make 8 to 10 copies of the same card. i'm not creative at all so most of my stuff is CASED from here or my best buddy who only likes to create one or two of the same design (i make her give me a copy of everything she makes).

i suppose i make so many because of the clutter factor. if i'm going to make such a big mess i may as well have lots to show for it.

i always keep one copy in my files. the others i just have on hand "just in case" i need them to sell or send.

anyone else make this many of one card? don't leave me hangin' ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 07:28 PM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

You are not alone on making 10 or more cards the same. I just finished making about 15 for all the female birthdays for the year. Just changed the colors on them, but used the same design. I personalized them with stamps I have for Sister, Niece, Daughter, Grand-daughter or Friend, etc.
Now I have to get busy and count the male cards I need to make. This always seems tougher to come up with ideas for. :P
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 07:31 PM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by meridithjo
i feel a little like a freak show now that i've read all the responses on this thread. :oops: i usally make 8 to 10 copies of the same card. i'm not VERY creative so most of my stuff is CASED from here or THE CATALOG.

i always keep one copy in my files. the others i just have on hand "just in case" i need them to sell or send. I KEEP THINKING I SHOULD DO THIS, BUT HAVEN'T YET. I DO KEEP A COPY OF MY CHRISTMAS CARD FROM EVERY YEAR THOUGH.

anyone else make this many of one card? don't leave me hangin' ladies.
Just so you know, I put my comments in all caps up above - didn't want you to think I was shouting or something.

I always make 10 of each card because I sell the vast majority of cards that I make. Sometimes I find that 10 isn't enough so then I just make as many as needed to fill an order.
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 07:40 PM   #24  
Proud Fan Club Member

Multiple of the same card is the way to go for me. I send 25 cards to family for each holiday every year. The first year I stamped cards, I made the mistake of making each card different. Boy, was that a lot of work! Since then I've gotten smart and make all the same card! Boy, does this ever save time and energy! And, if I have things out to make one card, why not make a bunch!!

Eileen
Reply With Quote Likes