Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-22-2004, 01:24 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MA Happy Stampers!!

Glad to find out there are some Happy Stampers in MA!! I live in Ware, which is central MA near Quabbin Reservoir. New to this area, was thinking about becoming a demonstrator but am a little shy and do not have a large circle of friends to enlist. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!! Hope to be able to connect with some MA Locals!!
Thanks!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 05:56 PM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

Default HI

Hi Stamping Kitty! I too am new here and Live in MA. I just moved to the Cape area from Natick, but I grew up in Western MA...Greenfield. Its nice to see that there are some MA stampers out there. The only ones I know are good friends who live in NH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 06:06 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi liriel! I was just skimming through the posts about MA stampers and saw that you had lived in Natick. I grew up in Natick and my Mom and sister still live there. I also spent all my summers as a kid in Humarock. Have you ever heard of it? Anyway, just wanted to say hi. It really is a small world!

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 06:22 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Nice to see stampers in MA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 06:27 PM   #5  
Embossing Fanatic

Hi Cathy,

I just moved from Natick and only lived there for a year. Moved back to MA from NJ/PA border. PA is not New England. So I am glad to be back. I have never heard of humarock. Where is it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 06:40 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

liriel,
Humarock is in/near Marshfield and Scituate, just north of the Cape. Enjoy the 4 seasons for me. I think that's what I miss most about living in TX.

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2004, 06:45 AM   #7  
Cardstock Collector

Default Hi Happy Stampers in MA!!

Hi Liriel!! Hi Cathy Lynne!! Hi Everyone!! Hi Happy Stampers in MA especially!! I know where Humarock is!! I spent many summers there as a child with my Grandparents at their Cottage. It Truely is a Small World!! Glad to hear from some MA Stampers!! I work in Framingham 4 days a week and commute 68 miles each way. So that's right next door to Natick! I lived in Framingham and Marlboro prior to buying the wonderful House in the Country we now live in, in Ware about a year and a half ago. But have yet to change jobs to be working closer to home. I like to drive and don't miss the city at all!! I grew up in Boston originally. This is partially why I was thinking about becoming a Demonstrator to be able to spend time at a nicer job at home. But am new in town and don't know how I'll enlist any fellow Happy Stampers locally. Any Suggestions Gratfully Appreciated!!! Glad to be connecting with all of you!!
Thanks!!
Stamping Kitty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2004, 07:15 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Stamping Kitty,

OMG!! That is wild. My grandfather had a cottage on the beach side of the river and my other grandparents (Foote) had a house on the other side on Ridge Rd. I wonder if we know each other, Humarock is so small. My maiden name was Skolnick. I'm not sure hold old you are (I'm 42) but if you don't know me you might know my cousins (they're younger than me, same last name). My aunt and uncle still have a place there but I haven't been there for several years. Sorry I don't have any advice as far as the demonstrator thing goes. I have a hard time in that department myself and I've been a demo 4 1/2 years.

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2004, 07:26 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Stamping Kitty-
I live in Monson!!! And as a middle schooler, spent some time (a week here and there) in Humarock at Fourth Cliff! I too am a recent transplant-moved here 3 years ago and up until last May, commuted into Cambridge everyday! Two years of that was enough!
I don't have any advice for you either since I recently became a demonstrator myself (end of April) and am wondering how to attract more customers.
Email me if you'd like!
-Trish
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2004, 07:29 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm back in Dayton now (moved back in April 2002) but I lived in Framingham for 4 years prior to that. My husband grew up in Framingham (in fact we lived in the house he grew up in). I worked for the General Cinema corporate offices overseeing trailer placement and my husband was a software engineer. GCC went bankrupt, got bought out by AMC and around the same time rog got laid off so we moved to OH to be near family.

We both really miss home though. I listen to 92.5 (The River) over the internet at work. At least once a week we talk about everything we miss. Right now I'm missing the huge, tasty, cheap lobster rolls from Kelly's Roast Beef and he's missing the pastrami sandwiches from his favorite restaurant/deli in Natick. Xander, our dog, misses the offleash state park that was only 10 minutes from our house.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2004, 07:30 AM   #11  
Cardstock Collector

Default Humarock!!

Hi Cathy!!
Double OMG!! My grandparents lived on the river side. It was a long time ago so I don't remember the street name. It was my grandmothers cottage, her name was Mary Quilty. Then she married and her name became Goodman. I just turned 46. I don't know if this is helpful... but it is good to connect just the same. What's it like being a Demonstrator, if you've been doing it for 4 1/2 years you Must have some advise or ideas!!!??? How do you get others interested?? Do you give workshops?? How did you get started ??? Any info. will be helpful.. I need to go out to an appt. now with Hubbie so I won't be back for a few hours.....
Looking forward to your reply!!!!
Thanks!!
Stamping Kitty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2004, 07:35 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default MA stampers

Apparently, the computer thought I was a guest. i'm actually "scott'smom"
-Trish
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2004, 07:38 AM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

Default HI Trish in Monson, We're Practcally Neighbors!!

I'd Love to e-mail you, so perhaps we could connect and share ideas!!
But what is you e-mail address?? How can we connect?? I live in Ware which is not far from you, I suspect!! How long have you been Stampin'?? Perhaps you could e-mail me!!! I'll be out for a few hours, then I'll check back here........ Hope to hear from you!!
Thanks!!
Stamping Kitty :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2004, 06:13 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hi Happy MA stampers!!
I've been to Humarock Beach!! Used to go there when I was in High School, that was the late 80's which makes me 32 yrs I
live in Hanson, grew up in Hanover. Just signed demo paperwork this week... anxiously awaiting kit and demo#!

Best wishes to all my fellow MA stampers~
Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2004, 02:10 AM   #15  
Cardstock Collector

Hi Stamping Kitty. I am a Happy Stamper in Framingham and would be happy to sit with you sometime to share stamping passions. I have been a demonstrator and customers are everywhere you look. We have a flyer called 40 guests in 4 minutes that I used to get hostesses when I first started. Being a demonstrator has helped me pay for my addiction which you will understand if you see my stamp room. You can email me privately if you like.
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2004, 02:16 AM   #16  
Cardstock Collector

Hi Stamping Kitty. I am a Happy Stamper in Framingham and would be happy to sit with you sometime to share stamping passions. I have been a demonstrator and customers are everywhere you look. We have a flyer called 40 guests in 4 minutes that I used to get hostesses when I first started. Being a demonstrator has helped me pay for my addiction which you will understand if you see my stamp room. You can email me privately if you like.
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2004, 05:51 AM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default MA stampers

Stamping Kitty-
Monson is very close to you-Ware, Palmer, Monson. In fact I live about 25min from the Ware WalMart.
My email is [email protected]. Email and we can get together.
-Trish
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-25-2004, 01:49 PM   #18  
Compulsive Stamper

Stampin Kitty,

I live in North Brookfield, not too far from you. You'll be amazed at where you can find customers. I've taken my Stampin stuff to my daughter's soccer game just to get a little work done and find people who are interested, church, work, Dr's offices. It's amazing!!! Good Luck!! Any questions or just wanna chat please feel free to drop an email. [email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes