Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-17-2005, 12:19 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you store your 12x12 cardstock?

Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas on this...
Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 01:04 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I was just wondering the same thing today. I went to Craft Warehouse and they had a set of 10 plastic 12x12" paper trays for FIFTY BUCKS! I really hope there's a smarter & cheaper idea out there somewhere.
I'm Fun Stampers Journey Coach #10224. Join now for only $50!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 02:07 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Love2Craft

I use what I think they call the crop in style paper tote. I am not sure exactly what it is called. I have seen it on here in pictures of some stamp rooms. It holds 12X12 papers perfectly. It is made of flexible plastic with alot of pockets and tabs so you can label the section. Plus it has handles so easy to take if you need to. I have 3 but I think I will get more. Right now I mostly have the Slab paper in it. I want to get all of Stampin' Ups! paper. You can find these at Walmart and AC MOORE. It was cheaper though at Walmart. That is where I got mine. It was around $10 I think. I hope that helps.
Cheryl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 03:30 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I use Cropper Hopper Paper Holder. It's clear plastic, holds 200 + sheet. It looks like the old fashined stand up magazine holders. I like that the paper stands up rather than lays flat on top of each other. It makes it easier to find what paper I am looking for.

www.stickerplanet.com Search Item: MZK9112
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 03:45 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Container Store sells these plastic containers that hold 12x12 sheets. They are clear and stackable. They are about $6.99 each. If you do not have a store near you, they have a website. Hope that helps!
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/jenniferjones/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 04:14 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Sterilite is coming out with an organizer for this.
The following is from a list that I am on:

Dear Ms. XXXXXX,

Thank you for visiting our website. We apologize for not responding sooner. We appreciate suggestions from consumers. Sterilite manufactures it's products according to what surveys and reports from retailers tell us the mass market is seeking. In the area of storage products, we try to make a variety of products that will be most useful and most popular to the general public's needs. We have not so far entered the specialty products market to any degree.

Due to feedback and consumer market surveys, we are introducing a drawer product which will hold 12" X 12" scrapbook supplies. Our item # is 2093, and the item should be available at Target or Wal-Mart stores in Spring of 2005. Please let us know if we may ever be of assistance with a Sterilite product.

Tammi Gould
Sterilite Corporation

I can't wait!! Sterilite is located in the town next to mine, so I hope it hits my area SOON!!

HTH

Kerry
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 04:16 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I get the 10 plastic stackable trays at www.bestkeptmemories.com she sells them for $33.50 each and about $8.00 for shipping. This is the cheapest ANYWHERE!!!! I'm actually going to go buy a couple more today because I'm expanding my craft room!!!! :lol:
Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 04:52 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm looking for something portable in the 12x12 size. For my 81/2 x 11 paper I use a hanging file system that is in a rubbermaid type of box with a lid so I can take it to a crop or whatever.

I really want something like that for 12x12. Anyone know of anything like that?

Vera
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 06:29 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Vera,
Have you seen the Crop in Style paper tote for 12 x 12?? Here's the link- hope this works... http://store.scrapbook.com/cis-61001.html

I've thought about getting this!!!
HTH!
Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 07:00 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

I just finished putting together something to hold my 12x12 paper and I love it. It takes up some room but I like having all the paper at my fingertips. I used the wire crates that you can get at Target/Walmart/Costco (the ones with the round plastic corner holders) and then got some zip ties/cable ties (found at Staples) to attach levels in each box. (Probably doesn't do justice without a picture but I know I've seen someone here do this already).

I already had 2 sets of them (from Costco for about $20 each - probably made 6 crates normally.) Then I found another set yesterday at Target (6 crates for $12.99!) The "zip ties" or "cable ties" were 54 for $5.99?
It probably sits 2 1/2 feet tall or so and is probably 3 1/2 feet wide. Again, it takes up some room so I have it sitting on the floor of my office/craft room (but I can easily see all my paper and organize it well.)

Now I just need to get to using the paper!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 07:03 AM   #11  
Cardstock Collector

I am the queen of cheap - and the coolest thing I've ever done is to assemble a storage rack out of cubes you can get at Target. It is not portable, but is awesome for your craft space at home. I do SU and scrapbooking, so I have ALOT of 12x12 supplies, and this has been the most econmical, but also most practical system I've found. A box of cubes at Target is usually $14.99, but frequently goes on sale for less. I figure the less I spend on storage, the more $$ I have for supplies, right?

Here are some basic intructions:

http://www.geocities.com/ozscrappin/paper_shelves.html

Here's pictures of another scrap closet that is the most creative use of cubes I've ever seen:

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4004129&a=31308024&f=[/url]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 07:07 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

To add info to my last posting -

If you look up in "Stampin' Spaces" and look for: Angie Humphrey (I hope it's OK to list her name, it was such a wonderful example and idea!) -she is the one who has a picture of what the cubes look like. Hers are white and she has them sitting up on a table. My are just on the floor. Tip: when you put it together, do it where it's going to actually be (on the floor or a table) since it's not very easy to move once it's together (although) the zip ties help to hold it all in place.)

Happy Stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 07:08 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen Bruzdzinski
Vera,
Have you seen the Crop in Style paper tote for 12 x 12?? Here's the link- hope this works... http://store.scrapbook.com/cis-61001.html

I've thought about getting this!!!
HTH!
Jen
If you can find this at Mike or Jo's you could use 40% off
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2005, 07:20 AM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

I use this Generations portable photo/paper saver. You can put so much 12x12 paper in there! It's really cheap and you can find them at Wal-Mart or Kmart or any store like that. The military exchanges usually carry them too if you are military. They come in that file green color or a pretty mix of patterns. I usually find them for about $13 or so. Here is the link:

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/12x12storbox
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2005, 04:30 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

I really prefer a hanging file system. I can put tabs with each color listed and I like the rubbermaid style of tote for when I go elsewhere to do crops etc. I'm a demo so portability comes into play a lot.

Also, I currently have my 12x12 in 12x12 file folders in one of those office supply egg crates. It sits on top of a table and works, but I really don't like the egg crate look. Reminds me of college.

I've found white 12x12 hanging files online but no good totes to put them in. The search continues....

Vera
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2005, 10:45 PM   #16  
Glitter Queen

Thank you all SOO much for your great ideas!! I will be looking into these options in the next few weeks. I like the metal crate idea! I also like hanging files. I'll have to see if I can combine the two ideas? I'm going to check out M's and my local office supply store! Thanks again!
-Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2005, 11:09 PM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

Default IRIS containers

I was just in to one of my Ace Hardware accts yesterday, and I saw something rather "new"...or aat least new to me. Iris makes a set of three clear containers that slide into one of their white rack type thingys (one of those technical words, and then you have a set of three containers, that each have a handle, that you can look into for your 12 x 12 cardstock. I hope I'm communicating correctly about this....my g/f and I shared a med pizza and 2 bottled of champagne tonight...let me look on the IRIS site...ok, I can't seem to find it but Ace Hardware had it...$24.99...plse pm me if you want additional info...I live in Sacto and it wasn't too terribly far away...Also, Sauder makes a piece of furnite called a "Craft Armoire"....I was very impressed..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

"If you know how many stamps you have, you don't have enough."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2005, 02:57 AM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

You want cheap...I use milk crates that my husband gets from work. Cost: FREE$$$$
I'm able to stand up all my paper and flip through it. If you don't have enough to fill it (absolutely not my problem..I'm a paper ho!) since you want the paper to be tight you can just store a box of evelopes in the front to push it all towards the back of the crate.

Just another option!!

Chris
www.chemoangels.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2005, 03:49 AM   #19  
Kookie Creator

I actually found something cool at JoAnn Fabrics a couple of weeks ago. They've got their own line of scrapbooking products now, which they had on sale for 1/2 off. Anyway, they had some 12x12 paper storage containers that stand upright, and they include 6 file folders. I have lots of cardstock and patterned paper, but wanted to be able to store the SU! stuff separately (I'm a demo too). These are perfect! I bought two -- one for solids (folder for each color family and neutrals) and the other for designer papers and simply scrappin' kits. I think they are normally $10 and I got them for $5 each.
Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 01:44 PM   #20  
Compulsive Stamper

Default 12 X 12 storage

I use the PSB's (Paper Sticker Binders by Crop in Style) I have 3 of them for paper and use the 12 by 12 page protectors that are used for top loading albums. I have found that I can hold 6 or so pieces of cardstock per page. One side I put 1 color and the other side when you turn the page is another color. This has been the best way I have found to store paper. In this your paper does not get folded down edges from sorting through all the different colors and you can lay cards/pics right on the clear protector and see how the color works. Hope this helps and makes sense. Stacey
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2005, 03:33 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Btw, Stamp N Up's 12 x 12 folders are very nice and what I'm using for right now until I get a more permanent system in place in my craft room....if you haven't tried or seen them and you're a demo, please do so...and recommend them to your customers...very nice....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2005, 02:47 PM   #22  
Glitter Queen

This is my first attempt at posting, so please bear with me :oops:
Quote:

Originally Posted by veramats
I really prefer a hanging file system. I can put tabs with each color listed and I like the rubbermaid style of tote for when I go elsewhere to do crops etc. I'm a demo so portability comes into play a lot.

I've found white 12x12 hanging files online but no good totes to put them in. The search continues....

Vera
I know exactly how you feel. I have been searching for just the right container to store my 12x12 paper. I think I have finally found just the item!!! I haven't been able to find it at a LSS or any of the craft or office supply stores. It is also the best price I have found. I can't wait to order one for myself!!!

http://store.scrapbooking-warehouse.com/278944.html

Does anyone have one?

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2005, 05:31 PM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

I did a search on ebay, under crafts, and then scrapbooking and then storage...I'm almost sure that's how I did it.....oh my gosh....anyone looking for paper storage needs to check them out...they have every kind of 12 x 12 paper storage you could possibly imagine....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2005, 03:29 AM   #24  
Die Cut Diva

Cindy, thanks for the link. That's exactly the kind of portable hanging file system I'm looking for!!!

I'll check out ebay too. You never know.

Vera
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2005, 04:01 AM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

Another cheap idea I saw in a card magazine was to use pizza boxes with the fronts removed. I am sure the local pizza place would spare a few next time you stop in for your pizza order.

The lesson from Charlie Brown: The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2005, 09:02 PM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

I use the Cropper Hopper (magazine looking holders) and love that my paper is standing up. I purchased mine at my local store for about $6 each. They hold 200 papers and the company also sells dividers and files all kinds of cool things to help store cardstock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2005, 09:15 PM   #27  
Crimping Master

I found this website. It sells 10 stacking 12x12 trays for $27...you don't get cheaper than that! I wish I had seen these before I set up my wire cubes.

http://www.scrapbookmagicstore.com/771.htm

However, I think I am going to change my paper to vertical storage to save room. Right now I have about 5 feet of 12x12 paper...and I think I can get it down to 3 feet if I go vertical with the cropper hopper 12x12 storage. It looks like oversized magazine holders, and it has dividers so I can put more than one color in each slot.

https://www.cropperhopper.com/store/...?item_no=CH259
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2005, 03:44 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm pretty new to stamping and I'm so surprised how quickly the 12" x 12" is collecting in my bookcase. I really don't use much of it because it's not stored correctly, and it's a pain to look through. I appreciate all your good ideas. Please keep'em coming.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2005, 04:16 AM   #29  
Stampin' Fool

Default 12x12

I use a scrapbook that is 12x12 and store paper in the page protectors.
I also use one to put samples of the cardstock in so my customers can see them in real life.
I am going to order the binder album soon to have sample of the different albums we carry so I will use that one also and fill with paper for ssmples.

I also found at walmart a small hanging file folder for 81/2x11 paper. I was using these for my 81/2x11 cardstock but switched to the clear container that has hanging folders and a lid and it is much bigger.
so now I use the small one to store my 12x12 in without the hanging folders. It just fits and keeps them upright. Now if they come out with a clear one that is bigger for 12x12 I'll be switching to that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2005, 05:08 AM   #30  
Glitter Queen

There is a woman by the name of Sue Nagel who makes all kinds of storage units. Check out her website at www.stampinthing.com.....I have many of her 12x12 paper storage units, sizzix holder, ribbon and wheel organizers. They all constructed out of wood and very well manufactured! All her items arrived in perfect condition and in a timely manner. Plus, she holds monthly contests! You can win one of her orgainizers! How awesome is that?!?! Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-25-2005, 05:18 AM   #31  
Kookie Creator

I've been looking for a way to store the 12x12 papers upright also (I have my 8 1/2 x 11 in a magazine holder). I went to Target and purchased a box called "Store It, Large Show Offs Storage Box"

It's measurements are as follows: 14 1/4" L x 9 1/2"W x 12 1/4" H

It has the clip on lid with handle for easy carrying. And the best part, it was only $3.99!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-16-2005, 11:32 AM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

You should check out my dad's website

http://www.dekdevelopment.net

There's acrylic 12x12 paper storage trays as well as wooden shelves. He can custom make them to any size you'd like. The best part is that he's having a Mother's Day Sale and you can get 10% off anything on the website just by mentioning it's for Mother's Day! He also sells stamp pad organizers, ribbon racks, wheel storage and so much more!

Dannie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 05:45 PM   #33  
Matboard Maniac

i tried the link for stampinthing.com, it says cannot find, no matches. Is that that correct web site address? Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 05:55 PM   #34  
Polyshrink Goddess

not to spam this thread lol, but i posted in the bst forum and no one answered. i have 5 of the plastic 12x12 paper trays that stack (clear plastic) and i bought them for $6 each, but want to sell them for $5 each. i live in irvine, ca if anyone could pick them up. they're almost brand new, cuz i bought them and then ran out of room in my tiny space. =(
Reply With Quote Likes