Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-22-2004, 03:57 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts
Default SU demos with lots of other stamps besides SU

Hi there!

I really jumped into this stamping thing with both feet. I said I'd never get into stamping. Then I got a couple sets of small alpha stamps to use in my scrapbooks. I remember seeing the stamps at Michael's and wondering why on earth I'd want a stamp that said "Happy Birthday"!!!! Then I ordered an alpha set from an SU demo that I met online - that was last August. Then in November, I attended my first SU demonstration and ordered 2 sets and two inkpads.

Then in February I went to my first SU workshop with my current demo and placed a large order. And the rest, as they say, is history!! I sent in my paperwork to become a demo on Monday.

Okay, so I have a LOT of Hero Arts stamps - I love Hero Arts! I understand that when I have my SU Open House in a couple of weeks, I shouldn't display cards with my Hero Arts stamps. But I feel kinda bad for my HA stamps and hope that I don't totally neglect them! I also have gotten into the unmounted stuff (not CTMH - unmounted rubber).

Anyway, I'd love to hear from some of you who are SU demos but also have a lot of other stamps!!

Thanks in advance,
Susan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 04:05 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear I'm not the only one! I started "collecting" stamps long before I ever became a demo, too. Now I'm just careful to keep my SU stamps separated from my other ones and it's working out okay so far. So no, you're not alone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 04:08 AM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

You are not alone. I love Hero Arts too & have have quite a few. They are a different look & are so fun to play with. I keep mine separate & use them when I'm stamping for personal use. I buy what I like regardless of the brand; however, SU is my favoirte & the fact that I get a discount doesn't hurt - he he he. Good luck with your new business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 04:55 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I started stamping 12 years ago and for a few of those years I was collecting more than I was stamping. For the past 10 years my mom has been stamping and she moved in with us about 5 years ago. By the time I got into SU as a demo- one year ago- we already had over 1000 non-SU stamps. I find it hard to get all my SU stamping done, much less play with my other stamps, but my mom stamps every day (did I mention she is soon to be 89?) so I get to live vicariously through her stamping. I get to see all my old stamps in action.

Maybe you could treat yourself to an occasional non-SU stamping day, where you get out all your old HA friends and play!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 05:00 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Kathy, that's so sweet that your mother is able to use your stamps. My mother started me on this stamping obsession but she only collects and never uses the stamps she has.... maybe she will when she's 89!

I've also been stamping for 12 years and boy have I collected a lot of stamps! I only found SU! 2 years ago if you can believe that and now my collection of SU! stamps have surpassed those nonSU! stamps like you wouldn't believe.

I've kept only the non SU! stamps that I cannot part with. They are in a box hidden away and sorry to say but I have not used any of them since I became a demonstrator!!! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 05:34 AM   #6  
Forum Fanatic

What exactly are Hero Arts stamps? Are they the ones that you buy at Michaels or something? I have a few non-SU stamps, but most are foam for furniture painting. I like the look of foam better on furniture than defined lines of the DD series.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 06:12 AM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My Anna Griffin word and phrase stamps from Michaels go great with Botanicals, so I use them for my own stamping.

BTW, the Anna G stamps come unmounted, too! They're the wood box sets that are usually on endcaps at Michaels. So sad that I know that.

I bought some acrylic Anna G stamps from QVC but have not used them much. I like the wood better.

Vera
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 06:13 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

Hero Arts stamps are an awesome brand of wood-mounted stamps. They have awesome sentiments and "real flower" stamps, and so much more. Go to their website www.heroarts.com

Michael's doesn't carry HA, but J's does, and so does Hobby Lobby - they don't carry the "real flowers", though. The website will give you lots of ideas that you can use with your SU stamps too.

Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 07:27 AM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

Oh, I'm sure you're not alone in having other stamps... although I'm sure many SU demos own only SU stamps... there are those of us junkies who have hundreds of other images from lots of other companies... I just keep my SU stuff separate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 10:14 AM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts

Hey!

I have been a Demo for 2 years and stamping for 3. There are SO MANY gorgeous stamps out there from so many wonderful companies, I just keep on collecting and using everything I love. I definitely LOVE SU stamps and think they are the best bargain around with lots of variety in images, but I would never not buy and use other company's stamps also. I use ALL of my stamps all the time. Now, if I could just be as committed to cleaning my house, cooking meals, doing laundry, doing lesson plans for my teaching job-------------

Claudia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2004, 10:17 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 219 Likes on 134 Posts

Well, of course I don't use any other company's stamps in my SU business!
HAVE to go throw a load of laundry in!

Claudia
Reply With Quote Likes